When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"The most devolved parliament in the world"

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Banter result: Scottish Labour vote to support another indyref, Phillips/Murray win the leader/deputy contest on a no new indyref ticket.

Nah, it's the usual bùrach by Labour. What an utterly useless bunch of wasters.

Went on my first AUOB march today. Great atmosphere and was surprised by the number of older folk who were out in force. I can't be certain but I sense that there has been a significant shift from No to Yes among this group who see themselves as Europeans. 

I was given an AUOB calendar as a Christmas gift. I've never been on one for the marches, talked about them or showed interest in going on one; but my auntie who gave me it said "Ken your in tae your independence so we'd give you this,".

I'm pretty far removed from the William Wallace/Soar Alba  stuff but after hearing two snooty holier than thou Yes/SNP types basically laughing at what I thought was a nice, thoughtful gift (even if I wouldn't buy it myself) it's gone straight up on the wall and I'm now very tempted to go on the Arbroath one. 

Although a vote for any Wings Party would be too far for me.

I watched a bit watch of the YouTube link and had it on, surely over 70k there? T

Went on my first AUOB march today. Great atmosphere and was surprised by the number of older folk who were out in force. I can't be certain but I sense that there has been a significant shift from No to Yes among this group who see themselves as Europeans. 

I wouldn’t take too much from ‘the sense’ you got on a march with some dugs dressed in tartan and Janey Godley tbh.

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

I was given an AUOB calendar as a Christmas gift. I've never been on one for the marches, talked about them or showed interest in going on one; but my auntie who gave me it said "Ken your in tae your independence so we'd give you this,".

I'm pretty far removed from the William Wallace/Soar Alba  stuff but after hearing two snooty holier than thou Yes/SNP types basically laughing at what I thought was a nice, thoughtful gift (even if I wouldn't buy it myself) it's gone straight up on the wall and I'm now very tempted to go on the Arbroath one. 

Although a vote for any Wings Party would be too far for me.

I watched a bit watch of the YouTube link and had it on, surely over 70k there? T

I went to the AUOB march today with my youngest daughter (17 before you all ask). Great atmosphere and a great turnout despite the poor weather. Hard to gauge the numbers there when you are actually on the march but when we got onto Bath Street it was just a sea of saltires.

Funniest bit of the day was the absolute seethe coming from the 20-strong pro-Union counter demonstration at the corner of Renfield Street.Argyle Street. The chant from the Indy march towards them was "Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio....." :)

11 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

I wouldn’t take too much from ‘the sense’ you got on a march with some dugs dressed in tartan and Janey Godley tbh.

Were you there with your soap box and microphone again bud? Couldn't spot you anywhere in the sea of blue. You'll need to change those trousers sooner or later when you inevitably shite yourself over the changing political landscape in Scotland.

2 hours ago, HTG said:

Didn't make it. Just over shitty cold and was feart of the rain.

This looks great though. Some atmosphere.

16 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

You're just bitter that the young folk were having fun and that your favourite prince turned out to be a nonce with your second fave - a lod prince - fcking off to Canada with his mixed-race wife.

Edited by Crùbag

Met up with some folks I know in the Labour Party who are pushing for the party to stop being melts on the constitutional question and at least accept the necessity for another referendum. Apart from one guy who must’ve misread the email and came and ranted about Sturgeon being a bully who should never have been given a parliament it seems there’s enough people willing to go out and try and reduce the unionist parties to Liberal and Tory. Not totally hopeful but it’s a start.

3 hours ago, HTG said:

Aye me and my mate commented on this as well, compared to the Dundee march there was definitely more of an older contingent. 

41 minutes ago, jock_the_squak said:

I went to the AUOB march today with my youngest daughter (17 before you all ask). Great atmosphere and a great turnout despite the poor weather. Hard to gauge the numbers there when you are actually on the march but when we got onto Bath Street it was just a sea of saltires.

Funniest bit of the day was the absolute seethe coming from the 20-strong pro-Union counter demonstration at the corner of Renfield Street.Argyle Street. The chant from the Indy march towards them was "Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio....." :)

You must have been going past at the same time as us cause the lads just in front started up that chant 🤣

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Met up with some folks I know in the Labour Party who are pushing for the party to stop being melts on the constitutional question and at least accept the necessity for another referendum. Apart from one guy who must’ve misread the email and came and ranted about Sturgeon being a bully who should never have been given a parliament it seems there’s enough people willing to go out and try and reduce the unionist parties to Liberal and Tory. Not totally hopeful but it’s a start.

Labour's top brass are as useless as ever. They've just scrapped their talking shop on Indyref2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51079356

Labour's top brass are as useless as ever. They've just scrapped their talking shop on Indyref2.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51079356

I know. The right of the party constantly talk about electability but have absolutely no interest in taking care of the first port of call to actually being taken seriously again. Think anyone with a shred of sense realises Labour are unelectable up here but my take was that they aren’t even going to be an effective critic of the SNP until people believe that they aren’t petrified at the thought of independence or even a referendum.