When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Indeed. It's a subject with 10 foot bargepole written all over it for most politicians. 

And people still say voting doesn't change anything.If you're a voting OAP you are to be feared and demands met.Imagine if other lazy arse age groups got organised how much influence they could have.Too busy watching TOWIE or BGT well you deserve what you get.

5 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

And people still say voting doesn't change anything.If you're a voting OAP you are to be feared and demands met.Imagine if other lazy arse age groups got organised how much influence they could have.Too busy watching TOWIE or BGT well you deserve what you get.

I also think a far greater number of OAPs think they have a duty to vote. I reckon there's much more apathy amongst the 30-50 group than the younger folk tbh. Most guys my age in the last couple of years take a "I canny be arsed, they're all c***s anyway" sort of approach. 

There was a local election in Carnoustie the other day here where an Independent got in on a 30% (approx) turnout, cue loads of folk moaning that it couldn't possibly be a valid result. I wonder how many of them actually bothered to vote :lol:

I also think a far greater number of OAPs think they have a duty to vote. I reckon there's much more apathy amongst the 30-50 group than the younger folk tbh. Most guys my age in the last couple of years take a "I canny be arsed, they're all c***s anyway" sort of approach. 
There was a local election in Carnoustie the other day here where an Independent got in on a 30% (approx) turnout, cue loads of folk moaning that it couldn't possibly be a valid result. I wonder how many of them actually bothered to vote[emoji38]

Carsnootie was always a bit weird.Now i admit i can be a bit of a dick but if i was the only one in the whole of Scotland who cast a vote I'd expect my own way and the other 99.9999999999% etc etc of the electorate who didn't bother could do one . That's democracy and if you don't take part nae greetin later about the unfairness of me running the show and the masses of disinterested not taking part not being represented.Problem for democracy yes but not mine.

There was a local election in Carnoustie the other day here where an Independent got in on a 30% (approx) turnout, cue loads of folk moaning that it couldn't possibly be a valid result. I wonder how many of them actually bothered to vote :lol:

You're old enough to vote!!!? F*ckin hell, that's frightening!![emoji47][emoji47][emoji6]

33 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I joked about means-testing them to my old man and he nearly had a fit :lol:  

The triple lock is completely unjustified imo. It's wrong to be chopping away at working age, and indeed disability benefits when the most well-off section of welfare recipients isn't only safe from cuts, but actually gets a wee regular increase (although in a few cases this is counter-productive for them). 

Sadly, no government will ever have the stones to do anything drastic with pensions/pension-age benefits. 

Only a third of pensioners qualify for the full state pension as it is. Doling it out to wealthy baby boomers who use it to rewire their second homes in Bolton or Malaga is a silly priority.

12 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Carsnootie was always a bit weird.Now i admit i can be a bit of a dick but if i was the only one in the whole of Scotland who cast a vote I'd expect my own way and the other 99.9999999999% etc etc of the electorate who didn't bother could do one . That's democracy and if you don't take part nae greetin later about the unfairness of me running the show and the masses of disinterested not taking part not being represented.Problem for democracy yes but not mine.

Yeah I agree. Not bothering to vote and moaning about the outcome is fucking laughable. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Only a third of pensioners qualify for the full state pension as it is. Doling it out to wealthy baby boomers who use it to rewire their second homes in Bolton or Malaga is a silly priority.

FFS Don't mention that :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if the EU were more open and supportive to Scottish Independence once Article 50 is triggered.
We seen glimpses of support when the FM visited Dublin recently. Irish politicians openly supporting Scottish independence  - something that didn't happen during indyref1.
If Sturgeon can get an assurance from the EU of and independent Scotland retaining it's membership it would be a absolute total game-changer.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was an ace up Sturgeon's sleeve!

The strange thing is that many people, including you appear believe all of that nonsense you have spouted

The strange thing is that many people, including you appear believe all of that nonsense you have spouted

Who would have thought it, the Irish Republic supporting Scottish Independence!? It was f*ckin shock to me, I can tell ya!![emoji47]

25 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Who would have thought it, the Irish Republic supporting Scottish Independence!? It was f*ckin shock to me, I can tell ya!!emoji47.png

Theres rob stuck in a distant past about Ireland as usual

Theres rob stuck in a distant past about Ireland as usual

It's very much the present my friend, why would the Republic be so supportive of an independent Scotland!? Hmmmm
Sturgeon's reciprocal sucking up to the Shinners in particular is so f*ckin abhorrent!! It won't do her or the SNP any favours.

6 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It's very much the present my friend, why would the Republic be so supportive of an independent Scotland!? Hmmmm
Sturgeon's reciprocal sucking up to the Shinners in particular is so f*ckin abhorrent!! It won't do her or the SNP any favours.

Its fantastic rob,it really gets it up the bigots like yourself,more of it will be superb

Interesting news item about the Farmers tonight on the news worried about there subsidies and then this pops up
http://www.bordertelegraph.com/news/14829360.Indy_Ref_2__Yes__say_82_per_cent_of_Borderers_in_our_online_poll/

It would need to be some turnaround, The Borders as a whole, voted by over 2:1 in the 2014 Ref to remain.