When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, oaksoft said:

And now you want me to answer a second brainless question before you answered my first to you? :1eye

That's not how adults converse.

Well if it's "brainless", then it should be answerable by someone with your limited level of intellect.

You're happy to say what you think people should do. But can't answer what effect it would have on the overall economy if they did.

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

I tell you what..... everybody at the bottom of the pile should just stop working.

Then we'll see how much longer the ladders stay up for the real wealth creators without nobody at the bottom to hold those ladders up.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

People will always want their hair cut, their windows cleaned, their gardens sorted out, their cars washed and a whole host of other things which cost pennies to start a business offering those services.

The caveat to that, of course, is that if everyone is doing as BawWatchin suggests the last thing they'll be worrying about is paying to get their car washed cause the wealth creators will simply have moved their business to where people are willing to work for a wage, whilst the dafties that decided to self harm like this will find their families starving. 

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

It's not about stopping it. I agree, people always have and always will be seduced by the bright lights of the big city. It's about slowing it down and trying to at least make sure a few folk who might go there don't. The economy of London and some of the South East and South West of England are operating on a completely different level to rUK. The longer that goes, the bigger the divergence, the more difficult it becomes to make economic decisions that work for the whole country. It is a big part of the reason that the UK is an economic clusterfuck. The UK is crying out for federalism, as an absolute minimum. The current approach just doesn't work.

So how would an independent Scottish government - one that has just made Scotland the most expensive part of the UK to work in - do that then? 

Suicides aren't being caused by Welfare policy, a reserved matter that's been under the control of a Tory government since 2010, nope, it's the fault of the Scottish Government and their NHS for not promptly treating people driven to complete despair by those policies.

Jesus fucking wept.

31 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

So how would an independent Scottish government - one that has just made Scotland the most expensive part of the UK to work in - do that then? 

Hi Malky,

Please provide evidence to back up your claims that an independent Scotland would be running a £12.6bn deficit, and that the Scottish NHS is fully independent of that NHS in rUK.

Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Suicides aren't being caused by Welfare policy, a reserved matter that's been under the control of a Tory government since 2010, nope, it's the fault of the Scottish Government and their NHS for not promptly treating people driven to complete despair by those policies.

Jesus fucking wept.

Do only poor people kill themselves then? Have you got to be a homeless junkie to get depression? 

You are, to quote another forum member, an absolute cretin for trying to score political points on this issue. 

7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Hi Malky,

Please provide evidence to back up your claims that an independent Scotland would be running a £12.6bn deficit, and that the Scottish NHS is fully independent of that NHS in rUK.

Thanks.

Wow, back to just two questions. I take it you've accepted being "telt" with the rest of your nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Wow, back to just two questions. I take it you've accepted being "telt" with the rest of your nonsense. 

Hi Malky,

Why are you still unable to answer any of my questions?

Thanks.

47 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

The caveat to that, of course, is that if everyone is doing as BawWatchin suggests the last thing they'll be worrying about is paying to get their car washed cause the wealth creators will simply have moved their business to where people are willing to work for a wage, whilst the dafties that decided to self harm like this will find their families starving. 

I'm sure they can resurrect a sweat shop of shree somewhere in Bangladesh. People there are willing to work for anything they can get.

7 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Do only poor people kill themselves then? Have you got to be a homeless junkie to get depression? 

You are, to quote another forum member, an absolute cretin for trying to score political points on this issue. 

Poor people get depressed because they have nothing. Rich people get depressed because they can never have enough.

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Poor people get depressed because they have nothing. Rich people get depressed because they can never have enough.

Nonsense. What a piss poor attempt to pigeonhole people with mental health issues, trivialising it as some sort of money related issue. 

21 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

'Political points' :lol:

I'm not a politician, I'm not standing for election, 'points' are irrelevant.

You know damn fine depression strikes people irrespective of wealth, so I've really no idea what you're trying to say even posing that as a question.

Here's a hint for you - Not all suicidal people are depressed, and nor is depression a necessary condition in order for people to take their own lives. 

The simple issue is this - people on welfare are being driven to despair, and ultimately suicide, wholly needlessly, because of an ideologically driven crusade to vilify, persecute, deny the needs of, and 'other' folk, who, through no fault of their own, are dependent on state benefits, handouts, and charity to get by on a day to day basis. 

How the f**k you can dismiss that as a simple consequence of the fact that some people will inevitably succumb to mental illness is baffling. It gives the impression you're a raging sociopath to be quite honest. To top it off, you dismiss the root cause, then imply it's the fault of healthcare providers for not treating the victims. At least you're tacitly acknowledging the issue by acknowledging the victims themselves. Congrats, maybe you do have an ounce of humanity after all.

And again, two interactions I've had with you on this forum, and both times you've felt the need to throw in a personal insult because you're seemingly utterly incapable of responding without doing so. You really do come across as a pleasant individual. I feel sorry for the family and friends who have to thole you if this is your personality face to face.

Edited by Boo Khaki

So were these Lanarkshire kids homeless? Nope. Were they drug addicts? Nope. Were they in poverty? Nope. Suffering welfare cuts? Nope. Perhaps you think that if only they got £10 a week, or £20 per week extra that would have solved all their problems. 
You made specific reference to the Lanarkshire suicides. Back up your claim, or back down and admit you attempted to score a cheap political point! 
Apologies for my delay in replying, but let's keep this short. I made reference to a funeral celebrant who is Lanarkshire-based; as far as I know he is not confined to a three mile radius around Chapelhall. Indeed, he more often than not attends to Glasgow bereavements.

You chose to arbitrarily link my original post to sadly-deceased acquaintances of your son(s), when at no time had I personalised my remarks or attached them to particular individuals. I didn't know these lads from Adam but that doesn't alter the horrifying statistics of youth suicide in WoS.

You put two and two together Malky and made five - I look forward to your apology.

9 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Nonsense. What a piss poor attempt to pigeonhole people with mental health issues, trivialising it as some sort of money related issue. 

It generally is.

I wouldn't expect some tory halfwit to ever grasp it though. Which is why so many people suffer and die under such a government.

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

'Political points' :lol:

I'm not a politician, I'm not standing for election, 'points' are irrelevant.

You know damn fine depression strikes people irrespective of wealth, so I've really no idea what you're trying to say even posing that as a question.

Here's a hint for you - Not all suicidal people are depressed, and nor is depression a necessary condition in order for people to take their own lives. 

The simple issue is this - people on welfare are being driven to despair, and ultimately suicide, wholly needlessly, because of an ideologically driven crusade to vilify, persecute, deny the needs of, and 'other' folk, who, through no fault of their own, are dependent on state benefits, handouts, and charity to get by on a day to day basis. 

How the f**k you can dismiss that as a simple consequence of the fact that some people will inevitably succumb to mental illness is baffling. It gives the impression you're a raging sociopath to be quite honest. To top it off, you dismiss the root cause, then imply it's the fault of healthcare providers for not treating the victims. At least you're tacitly acknowledging the issue by acknowledging the victims themselves. Congrats, maybe you do have an ounce of humanity after all.

And again, two interactions I've had with you on this forum, and both times you've felt the need to throw in a personal insult because you're seemingly utterly incapable of responding without doing so. You really do come across as a pleasant individual. I feel sorry for the family and friends who have to thole you if this is your personality face to face.

Here's a hint for you - not all people who attempt or complete suicide are on welfare! It's the pigeonholing I object to.

When this was first raised on this thread it was in direct reference to the number of suicides of young lads in Lanarkshire with the poster claiming it was all down to issues with the welfare state and Conservative Party policies. That is utter nonsense as is the idea that if only they were getting an extra £10 per week they wouldn't have killed themselves.

Just now, Malky3 said:

Here's a hint for you - not all people who attempt or complete suicide are on welfare! It's the pigeonholing I object to.

When this was first raised on this thread it was in direct reference to the number of suicides of young lads in Lanarkshire with the poster claiming it was all down to issues with the welfare state and Conservative Party policies. That is utter nonsense as is the idea that if only they were getting an extra £10 per week they wouldn't have killed themselves.

Fine. Do you at least accept that people have been driven to suicide because of changes to Welfare policy since 2010?

And secondly, it's not a question of 'an extra £10 per week', the fact you keep bringing that up just serves to emphasise that you really have no understanding of the issue.