When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, tirso said:

The idea the SNP will call a referendum without a snappy and economically literate answer to a hard border with England right now is  mindless.    

You can bet your arse there will be a detailed and realistic plan that the media will call a suicide note no matter what's in it.

Who honestly reads newspapers? Online and hardcopy? I’m going to assume it’s people 40+. Same goes for the news.

I don’t know a single person my age or younger that’s ever lifted one in their puff. Far too clued on IMO to where we get the right information, and that, ladies and gents, is why Scotland will be independent at some point in the future.

People are in denial that Scotland won’t ever vote for independence. Democracy didn’t end September 2014. It’s an ongoing process and enough people will want it in a good 20 years. Probably 70% Yes imo, but that’s irrelevant. There will be another indyref in that time and Scotland will probably vote anywhere between 52-55 in favour of Yes.

I really am looking forward to the “uncertainty” of an independent Scotland being shrieked about from all corners, by the same people using the second world war as justification for us being able to deal with Brexit.   

13 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Who honestly reads newspapers? Online and hardcopy? I’m going to assume it’s people 40+. Same goes for the news.

I don’t know a single person my age or younger that’s ever lifted one in their puff. Far too clued on IMO to where we get the right information, and that, ladies and gents, is why Scotland will be independent at some point in the future.

Where do you get your information from?

People are in denial that Scotland won’t ever vote for independence. Democracy didn’t end September 2014. It’s an ongoing process and enough people will want it in a good 20 years. Probably 70% Yes imo, but that’s irrelevant. There will be another indyref in that time and Scotland will probably vote anywhere between 52-55 in favour of Yes.

I used to think I was smarter than my parents when I was a kid too

Where do you get your information from?
This is something I see a lot, people turning their nose up at certain "MSM" sources but not actually telling where I should be looking.

FWIW, I tend to skim over various news outlets and attempt to strip the truth out from the obvious bias. BBC being a good example. The correct story will probably be there, once you have disregard the obvious slant

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is something I see a lot, people turning their nose up at certain "MSM" sources but not actually telling where I should be looking.

FWIW, I tend to skim over various news outlets and attempt to strip the truth out from the obvious bias. BBC being a good example. The correct story will probably be there, once you have disregard the obvious slant

There seems to be some idea that unaccountable bloggers and Americans posting rants on youtube are bastions of truth and neutrality. As you say, if you look at enough sources from different perspectives you can narrow the facts down, especially if you can check the original source documents when available.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

There seems to be some idea that unaccountable bloggers and Americans posting rants on youtube are bastions of truth and neutrality. As you say, if you look at enough sources from different perspectives you can narrow the facts down, especially if you can check the original source documents when possible.

Its been one of Trumps real successes IMO, that he has got normal people calling every bit of media they disagree with liars, without ever offering the true alternative. Of course, a blatantly partisan media doesn't help in this regard. I personally wouldn't even hazard a guess at what the most impartial mainstream news source is. What I do know is that I like Channel 4 news. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its been one of Trumps real successes IMO, that he has got normal people calling every bit of media they disagree with liars, without ever offering the true alternative. Of course, a blatantly partisan media doesn't help in this regard. I personally wouldn't even hazard a guess at what the most impartial mainstream news source is. What I do know is that I like Channel 4 news. 

Pretty sure Johnson refuses to do interviews with Channel 4.  That says something.

People with names like “Daddy Stalin 69” “chairman lmao” on Twitter have the most cogent analysis of events.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Same. 

I tend to find that if I read propaganda shite like The National, Wings Over Scotland, the SNP website, RT, Der Sturmer and Pravda the truth lies somewhere in the middle which is roughly where the BBC and ITV news outlets sit. 

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

It seems to be the only station that attacks the tories.

Nobody is gonnae have an issue with that.

I’m not even sure it’s that.  When their interviewers ask a question and get no proper answer they push for one rather than just accepting it.  The way every journalist worth their salt should do.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Channel 4 is a biased as the rest, it's just skewed to your biases.

Possibly some of this. Il hold ky hands up I am sure I am as vulnerable to that as the next guy. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not even sure it’s that.  When their interviewers ask a question and get no proper answer they push for one rather than just accepting it.  The way every journalist worth their salt should do.

Definitely this though. All of the interviewers on Ch 4 are tough in their interviews. 

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Agreed.

They don't just accept a pishy answer

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The left wing thing is always the best option and left wing people are more intelligent than right wing people according to science so I'd like us to reframe this bias as 'pro-correct' please.

Those bloody lefty scientists. Bet none of them have read the good christian bible in their lives!

Edited by BawWatchin

https://www.progressscotland.org/research/public-support-for-yes-no-indyref-question

PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR YES/NO INDYREF QUESTION

As momentum grows for Indyref 2, a new poll has shown overwhelming public support for the same question to be used as 2014: ‘Should Scotland become an independent country?' The results are the first to be released from a new large-scale poll conducted by Survation for Progress Scotland.