When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Freedom of Information "requests" apply to Westminster. Withholding the information "in the national interest" also applies to Westminster.

You see... it's not in the interests of the whole of Britain for Westminster to show Scotland how it squanders Scotlands money on Scotlands behalf.

The same could be said for how the Scottish Government spends our money.  As the Auditor General has stated on numerous occasions, Scotland's Government has much that can be done in terms of budget and spending transparency.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

The same could be said for how the Scottish Government spends our money.  As the Auditor General has stated on numerous occasions, Scotland's Government has much that can be done in terms of budget and spending transparency.

What are you talking about? The Scottish Government outlays it's spending plans every year. The UK Government gives no breakdown on how it intends to spend the other half of Scotlands tax revenues, or the billions they borrow and claim to be Scotlands loan burden.

If someone could summarise the highlights of MalkSoft's WALLS OF TEXT, that would be just swell.

I like his comic stylings, but bitches got shit to be doing, you know what I mean?

5 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If someone could summarise the highlights of MalkSoft's WALLS OF TEXT, that would be just swell.

I like his comic stylings, but bitches got shit to be doing, you know what I mean?

Hasn't read the Daily Express (but writes like he has), richer than us, 12.6b. And repeat.

On 18/10/2019 at 04:43, Malky3 said:

Here you have a blank sheet of paper - a new country where you can build fresh, casting aside the things that you think Westminster does badly and showing how a new country could tackle the issues in a new, more efficient way if only we were free to make our own choices. Perhaps in doing so you could even show £12.6Bn worth of savings. So I ask, in an Independent Scotland which of our current public services would you cut to balance the books? 

Wouldn't even need the whole sheet. Just enough space to draw a wee flag of Norway, and sketching a few coins next to an oil barrel to illustrate its wealth.

Underneath I'd write in capitals, 'WHY NOT US?'

(And of course the answer is not because Scotland is any less capable than Norway. Our resources are no better, or worse. The answer is because the UK spaffed our money on privatisation, on wars, on nuclear deterrents and on tax cuts for the wealthy.)

Edited by Mr Heliums

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

What are you talking about? The Scottish Government outlays it's spending plans every year. The UK Government gives no breakdown on how it intends to spend the other half of Scotlands tax revenues, or the billions they borrow and claim to be Scotlands loan burden.

https://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/news/reporting-of-government-accounts-should-be-more-transparent

4 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Wouldn't even need the whole sheet. Just enough space to draw a wee flag of Norway, and sketching a few coins next to an oil barrel to illustrate its wealth.

Underneath I'd write in capitals, 'WHY NOT US?'

(And of course the answer is not because Scotland is any less capable than Norway. Our resources are no better, or worse. The answer is because the UK spaffed our money on privatisation, on wars, on nuclear deterrents and on tax cuts for the wealthy.)

Oh dear! 

Here's why. Currently, with all the oil revenue counted up and factored into the equation, SCOTLAND SPENDS £12.6Bn MORE THAN IT RAISES! 

9 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm not sure I ever got a reply when I asked him to explain his favourite Fraser Of Allander Blog post. If I did, it was possibly "mumble, mumble, don't ask me, I'm an engineer, 12.6 Billion."

He doesn't have one, he prefers the Fraser and Allander blog.

On 20/10/2019 at 02:42, Baxter Parp said:

"show that the overall budget was underspent by £339m"

How about that.

The overall budget was £12.6Bn more than Scotland raises in revenue. If it was underspent by £339m that still leaves a huge fiscal deficit if Scotland was to become independent and lose the funding from the Barnett Formula. 

Tell me though - how do you feel about news that the SNP are sitting on £339m of cash whilst there are homeless people in Scotland or whilst there are people going to foodbanks? How does that fit in with the fluffy unicorn money tree equality existence that others predict for an independent Scotland? And what about these big loans to business your article points too? Hows that sit when the NHS and Police Scotland are struggling to pay staff never mind providing a decent service?