When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

You mean never on a Sunday?

Not even Christmas Day is sacrosanct. Nothing like a good 3am meltdown about ghastly poor people on Jesus' birthday. It's what He would have wanted.

2 hours ago, BILmac1967 said:

I'm back to entertain you.

Here's my biggest problem, ultimately. When you look at BoJo and his supposedly educated chums trying to negotiate Brexit, and these Ox/Cam - Eton educated betters don't have the skills to stand up to Europe, then what hope do we have? The Scottish parly is like a chimps tea party, like 9-year-olds telling us what they think of the world,  complete amateur stuff.

When Scotland goes to negotiate our position in the EU, I just see us getting a stupendously bad deal, then being held over a barrel like Greece was when they fell behind with their bills

I don't hate the Indy crowd, it's just that I think we've been manoeuvered into this position. When we're given the chance to vote and given two choices, we really don't have the people to negotiate, so whether it's Brexit or indy, I think we've been manipulated by the fact that we joined the EU without a vote in the first place.

When people are posting that because Brexit is delayed and that an indy result would also be endlessly delayed, Idoubt it, I think we'd be welcomed to the EU with open arms, because if we don't have the people to negotiate, that suits the EU perfectly. 

The way I see modern democracy,they give us two crap choices, then tell us it's what we wanted 'cos we voted for it.

I'll bite...

Why are you so down on your own country? why can't a scottish MSP/MP negitiate a good deal with the EU? They EU isn't perfect, everyone will agree with that but they are not some big bully that insits you kiss their ring piece to become a member. They are making nosies that we would be welcomed, i see no reason why that wouldn't be true, we can bring a lot of good to the EU. Nice shortcut to ROI for one.

A chimps tea party? seriously? I'll be honest i have a lot of negatives about the scottish parliment and the way it is set up. whoever is in power has an easy way out, "it's not us its westminster" I am sure it is true, they can only work within the powers they have.

Even with that I would much rather have an SNP goverment here than be complely governed by the Tories and Labour because they really couldn't give a stuff about what happens up here.

3 hours ago, BILmac1967 said:

I'm back to entertain you.

Here's my biggest problem, ultimately. When you look at BoJo and his supposedly educated chums trying to negotiate Brexit, and these Ox/Cam - Eton educated betters don't have the skills to stand up to Europe, then what hope do we have? The Scottish parly is like a chimps tea party, like 9-year-olds telling us what they think of the world,  complete amateur stuff.

When Scotland goes to negotiate our position in the EU, I just see us getting a stupendously bad deal, then being held over a barrel like Greece was when they fell behind with their bills

I don't hate the Indy crowd, it's just that I think we've been manoeuvered into this position. When we're given the chance to vote and given two choices, we really don't have the people to negotiate, so whether it's Brexit or indy, I think we've been manipulated by the fact that we joined the EU without a vote in the first place.

When people are posting that because Brexit is delayed and that an indy result would also be endlessly delayed, Idoubt it, I think we'd be welcomed to the EU with open arms, because if we don't have the people to negotiate, that suits the EU perfectly. 

The way I see modern democracy,they give us two crap choices, then tell us it's what we wanted 'cos we voted for it.

.....And u risen form the dead.

46 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I'll bite...

Why are you so down on your own country? why can't a scottish MSP/MP negitiate a good deal with the EU? They EU isn't perfect, everyone will agree with that but they are not some big bully that insits you kiss their ring piece to become a member. They are making nosies that we would be welcomed, i see no reason why that wouldn't be true, we can bring a lot of good to the EU. Nice shortcut to ROI for one.

A chimps tea party? seriously? I'll be honest i have a lot of negatives about the scottish parliment and the way it is set up. whoever is in power has an easy way out, "it's not us its westminster" I am sure it is true, they can only work within the powers they have.

Even with that I would much rather have an SNP goverment here than be complely governed by the Tories and Labour because they really couldn't give a stuff about what happens up here.

You state "but they (the EU) are not some big bully", but that's what worries me. When Greece went bust, it was the German Bundesbank controlling their debt, not so much the EU, I remember the Greeks blaming Germany for their problems, (even though Greece always had massive pensions and benefits which had to be reined in  anyway, so their position was partly self-inflicted), now you have the yellow-vest protests in France because Macron tries to bring his benefits system into line with the EU, as Nigel Farage says, "all the EU have done is transplant the soviet union where Europe used to be".

Remember when the EU was first set up, we spent about a decade and several billion quid to lawyers to write all the EU legislation in black and white, they claimed that all we had to do to leave was go to WTO rules for a few years, and it will all be ironed out in time. Now come the event, the remainers predict disaster. as for shortage of medicines, we were told there was legislation to deal with such an emergency, after all we spent a decade or so writing it. 

When you say "they are not some big bully" Ifear that's exactly what they are.

We would be welcomed because the EU are basically skint, remember how they were clamouring for Turkey to join, right up to the point where Greece went bust?

Scotland's exact relationship with the EU will be determined by the people of Scotland after independence.
The point is.........it will be the people of Scotland deciding.
Will it?

It will be decided by the EU. Scotland will have to do what they are told to do or there wont be a Scotland in the EU.

Oooft! Sore one for the newest incarnation, trying to say Scotland couldn’t negotiate a good deal with Europe, when (although there is no guarantee it would be the SNP in power) Nicola Sturgeon has demonstrated to be the most accomplished politician in the UK for the past 4-5 years.
She's not even the most accomplished politician in the SNP in the past 4-5 years.

17 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Oooft! Sore one for the newest incarnation, trying to say Scotland couldn’t negotiate a good deal with Europe, when (although there is no guarantee it would be the SNP in power) Nicola Sturgeon has demonstrated to be the most accomplished politician in the UK for the past 4-5 years.

Nicola Sturgeon makes good soundbites, Idon't see what she's had to negotiate, turns up at G-summits and says the right things about climate change. Honestly, her education is "college drop-out" correct me if i'm wrong. I can't think of an interviewer who's given her a hard time.

I thought you'd need mathematics and debating skills to negotiate our entry into the EU. I don't see that we have the people to do that because you don't just enter, it takes several years of negotiation.

27 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Remember when the EU was first set up, we spent about a decade and several billion quid to lawyers to write all the EU legislation in black and white, they claimed that all we had to do to leave was go to WTO rules for a few years, and it will all be ironed out in time.

No.

remember how they were clamouring for Turkey to join

No.

No.

18 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

No. That is pish.

Our relationship with the EU will be decided by the people of Scotland.

Yes, decided by the people of Scotland (presuming the SNP win indyref 2,) It's the negotiation to join that worries me, we'd strictly need a separate deal from the one the UK had because we'd strictly be a separate country with a whole different economy, my problem is that the difficulties of negotiation  would make us second class, I mean Greece is still skint and does anybody care?

Britnats talking down Scotland's prospects for decades. Still convinced its an argument winner. [emoji23]
Well behind the curve.
Why don't they face reality. Independence is going to happen. Get behind Scotland FFS.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hope the hangover isn’t too bad.