When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cos your Malky and Malky doesnt get a vote m9. HTH.

And get this replied to just like you are compelled to reply to EVRYTHING else

I am not Malky. I couldn't tell you if he gets a vote but I most certainly do.

And I will reply to your post as you are saying things that are not true.

The whole Scotland the brave thing. People dressed up as extras from Braveheart. Disrupting people trying to go about their normal business. The Palestinian flags, Catalonian flags, Saltires defaced with "yes" (it's not your flag).etc......

So, you’re embarrassed by the use of symbols of Scottish identity?

I’ll ignore the Braveheart thing as I’m yet to identify any marchers (from the pictures on here) who have brought along spears and/or shields and covered themselves in blue war paint, so I can only assume you’ve made that up.

Disrupting people going about their normal business applies to any march/protest of any sort. Weird thing to be embarrassed about, and implies that wee Ethel going down the shops is more important than people exercising their democratic right.

The Palestine/Catalonia thing is obviously a show of solidarity for other groups trying to achieve statehood.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by the “it’s not your flag” comment.

Yeah. The one in Inverness conveniently ran past all the best pubs.

I’m assuming “struggle” is coda for “discussing vague plans for the future over a £5 pint”.

I saw someone online criticising the marches along the lines of “we love to wave flags up here but don’t expect any sort of capitalist critique from a marcher” and tickled myself imagining a Maoist denunciation process led by Tommy Sheridan.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

So, you’re embarrassed by the use of symbols of Scottish identity?

I’ll ignore the Braveheart thing as I’m yet to identify any marchers (from the pictures on here) who have brought along spears and/or shields and covered themselves in blue war paint, so I can only assume you’ve made that up.

Disrupting people going about their normal business applies to any march/protest of any sort. Weird thing to be embarrassed about, and implies that wee Ethel going down the shops is more important than people exercising their democratic right.

The Palestine/Catalonia thing is obviously a show of solidarity for other groups trying to achieve statehood.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by the “it’s not your flag” comment.

Yes, as I would be by English marchers dressed up as StGeorge for example.

Not making it up. Look at pictures of different marches. Plenty of people with blue war paint (as you put it) and carrying shields etc. It is 2019 for goodness sake.

We have nothing to do with Palestine or Catalonia. Waving their flags is really cringy and embarrassing imo.

And the Saltire does not belong to the "yes movement" and should not be defaced by writing yes on it.

Marches aren't my thing. I have my doubts that any of AUOB marches will affect anything other than a few pictures in newspapers and media.  I marched against the Iraq war when I was younger. It didn't make any difference. You're better off with violent direct action if you want to get anywhere tbh.

But, if people want to dress up and have a day out with their family on a peaceful march for self determination, then go for it.

Quite the Scottish cringe showing through here.

Yes, as I would be by English marchers dressed up as StGeorge for example.
Not making it up. Look at pictures of different marches. Plenty of people with blue war paint (as you put it) and carrying shields etc. It is 2019 for goodness sake.
We have nothing to do with Palestine or Catalonia. Waving their flags is really cringy and embarrassing imo.
And the Saltire does not belong to the "yes movement" and should not be defaced by writing yes on it.

So is it national identity as a concept, regardless of nation, that you’re embarrassed by?

I’m not looking that up. You made the claim, you can back it up if you want. Or don’t, I’m not fussed either way.

I’ve explained the Catalonia/Palestine thing. It’s showing solidarity with other high profile campaigns for statehood.

I didn’t realise that writing on something claimed ownership. I’ll need to let the “Larkhall Tartan army” know to stop.

59 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So is it national identity as a concept, regardless of nation, that you’re embarrassed by?

I’m not looking that up. You made the claim, you can back it up if you want. Or don’t, I’m not fussed either way.

I’ve explained the Catalonia/Palestine thing. It’s showing solidarity with other high profile campaigns for statehood.

I didn’t realise that writing on something claimed ownership. I’ll need to let the “Larkhall Tartan army” know to stop.

No, but marching dressed up like someone from a battle a few hundred years ago I am.

I could back it up no problem. All you have to do is google Scottish independence marches and look at the images. There is lots of pictures of people with their faces painted.

Its bad enough marching waving Saltires but waving flags of Palestine and Catalonia is even more embarrassing imo. We dont live there and have nothing to do with them.

And it is totally different having  your football team or suppoters club written  on the Saltire than defacing the flag with "yes" which is poltical. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Marches aren't my thing. I have my doubts that any of AUOB marches will affect anything other than a few pictures in newspapers and media.  I marched against the Iraq war when I was younger. It didn't make any difference. You're better off with violent direct action if you want to get anywhere tbh.

But, if people want to dress up and have a day out with their family on a peaceful march for self determination, then go for it.

Quite the Scottish cringe showing through here.

Marches of any kind are counter productive. We've known that for years. 

Ultimately it's a public demonstration of your causes most rampant weirdos, whether you are talking about Orange Walks, Republic Marches, Pride Marches, or these stupid Scottish Nationalist marches. 

6 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

No, but marching dressed up like someone from a battle a few hundred years ago I am.

I could back it up no problem. All you have to do is google Scottish independence marches and look at the images. There is lots of pictures of people with their faces painted.

Its bad enough marching waving Saltires but waving flags of Palestine and Catalonia is even more embarrassing imo. We dont live there and have nothing to do with them.

And it is totally different having  your football team or suppoters club written  on the Saltire than defacing the flag with "yes" which is poltical. 

What looks more embarrassing? 

156717796.jpg.gallery.jpg.gallery.jpg

Orange-Order-parade-Glasgow.jpg

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I hope you have a go at these guys next time you're at Lords or Edgbaston

Image result for england cricket fan crusader

Cannot dress up at Lords. It's not allowed.

And it is a bit different dressing up for fun at the cricket than on those on an independence march. People dress up as all sorts from them above to monks, nuns, commentators, American footballers etc.. It has been a tradition for years. 

I don't by the way.