Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

591 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like the Photoshop effort, those defence spend numbers look completely wrong. A quick calc on the numbers in the table (5.27% and $3.3bn) gives a GDP for Scotland of $62.6billion which isn't close to being correct.

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Like the Photoshop effort, those defence spend numbers look completely wrong. A quick calc on the numbers in the table (5.27% and $3.3bn) gives a GDP for Scotland of $62.6billion which isn't close to being correct.

I think that's kinda the point being made. 

3 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Did you read the Fraser And Allander blog on the GERs Report that I linked to last night? It deals with this very succinctly. 

The reason oil revenues have been much lower in Scotland than in Norway is because of the tax deductible investment that these companies have put in to the oil fields since 2011. It's not a GERs Report / Westminster stitch up. It's factual - at least according to them. 

So who's making the money out of Scotlands oil and who's letting them do it?

Why is oil the other side of an imaginary line in the same sea generating so much money for Norway?

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I think that's kinda the point being made. 

The numbers are being misrepresented though. Quick check (correct me if I'm wrong, please): Per GERS defence spend is £3.3billion, GDP is £180billion, so % of GDP is 1.8%. Whoever has done the calc hasn't used the correct figures for that table. 

Did you read the Fraser And Allander blog on the GERs Report that I linked to last night? It deals with this very succinctly. 
The reason oil revenues have been much lower in Scotland than in Norway is because of the tax deductible investment that these companies have put in to the oil fields since 2011. It's not a GERs Report / Westminster stitch up. It's factual - at least according to them. 
Good old Fraser And Allander, the Hogmanay Show has never been the same without them.

This is what happens when people run complex software on inadequate hardware.

31 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The numbers are being misrepresented though. Quick check (correct me if I'm wrong, please): Per GERS defence spend is £3.3billion, GDP is £180billion, so % of GDP is 1.8%. Whoever has done the calc hasn't used the correct figures for that table. 

They are not correct. Apparently the original was lifted from Wikipedia. However the entry was changed very recently (🤔) to add the dodgy stats. Whoever originally done the sums and put the stats out on social media didn't fact check.🤣

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Why is oil the other side of an imaginary line in the same sea generating so much money for Norway?

Perhaps this has something to do with it.   

The numbers are the real time value.

Norwegian Oil Fund

Edited by beefybake

Malky is really needing to spend more time with his family, then again maybe that's why he's on here as often, they don't want him either.

You can immerse yourself in all the pedantry and critique you want, Malky boy.

If you honestly think that all is well with Westminster, I would have you down as delusional, and as for your "I'm alright Jack" attitude, makes you part of the problem.

Can I make it very clear, this is a statement. I really do not require a reply.

If you cant help yourself, which up until now, judging by this thread, you cant. Then don't expect an answer

59 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

You're right - it is 5.27% of revenue, not GDP. The table is wrong. Your calculation is correct. 

On 22/08/2019 at 20:46, Malky3 said:

Are you sure you are even Scottish? 

Apologies for quoting him, but this sounds like the sort of question that some Brexit voters might ask of a third generation immigrant with a non-white skin colouring.

Nasty racist little Brexiteers.

Edited by lichtgilphead

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Oh dear. Forget Standard Grade, this is Primary School economics. Is your real name Derek MacKay by any chance? 

If you sell £30Bn worth of oil, but then have to invest £29Bn in new technology, infrastructure, equipment, research and development etc then your annual profit is £1Bn, which is what you will pay corporation tax on. It's really quite simple. 

26 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Apologies for quoting him, but this sounds like the sort of question that some Brexit voters might ask of a third generation immigrant with a non-white skin colouring.

Nasty racist little Brexiteers.

What a load of out of context shite. It's a really desperate tactic from a raging xenophobe who is completely devoid of positive arguments as to why Scotland would be better going on its own. 

^^^I'm sure that Malky will provide some justification (preferably in the form of direct quotations) for accusing me of being a "raging xenophobe"

Any time now🍿🍿🍿

Oh dear. Forget Standard Grade, this is Primary School economics. Is your real name Derek MacKay by any chance?  If you sell £30Bn worth of oil, but then have to invest £29Bn in new technology, infrastructure, equipment, research and development etc then your annual profit is £1Bn, which is what you will pay corporation tax on. It's really quite simple. 

Oh dear, it’s really not that simple.

Oil production in Norway is dominated by Equinor. Without using your best friend Google, I’ll give you two guesses who the majority stakeholder in Equinor is therefore taking the majority of profit/dividend.

Oil production in the Norway is dominated by Equinor. Without using your best friend Google, I’ll give you two guesses who the majority stakeholder in Equinor is, therefore taking the majority of profit/dividend.

I did wonder when it would get round to him not knowing who owns Equinor...

I don't speak Norwegian but maybe Statoil was a more obvious name for a thicko to understand......

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Oil production in Norway is dominated by Equinor. Without using your best friend Google, I’ll give you two guesses who the majority stakeholder in Equinor is therefore taking the majority of profit/dividend.

Ah, so your plan for a new Scotland is to nationalise the OIl Industry - in the same way that the SNP have nationalised Prestwick Airport and are proposing to nationalise Fergusons Shipbuilding Yard and we are to believe that for the first time they will be able to turn a profit. How much will it cost the Scottish taxpayer to nationalise the oil fields? And what public services will be cut to facilitate this? 

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

I'm.....a "raging xenophobe"

Easy and just as in context as your attempts to smear me. 🙄

^^^ Hilarious, especially the hopeless attempt to portray yourself as the victim.

Personally, I particularly enjoyed your grammatical illiteracy. Perhaps you moght want to google "ellipsis" whilst you google "Statoil"

I just wonder how long the mods will put up with your pathetic trolling.

Tick tock.

Edited by lichtgilphead

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

^^^ Hilarious, especially the hopeless attempt to portray yourself as the victim.

I just wonder how long the mods will put up with your pathetic trolling.

Tick tock.

Another common trait of the Nationalist that really switches me off is this persistent and common desire to get anyone with an opposing opinion banned.  It's rather pathetic and it indicates a desire for a ridiculous level of censorship if Scotland was ever to become Independent. You'd be better off just staying silent. You damage your cause with every post. 

Edited by Malky3