When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The SNP should campaign specifically on the issue of a Section 30 and Independence and hint at UDI if it's not granted.

If they're rejected, having won a landslide (current forecasts suggest 50+ seats), then Sturgeon should resign as FM, trigger a Scottish parliament election and declare it a defacto referendum on independence.

Because, quite frankly, I don't know what else we can do.

Would only take 28 days after she resigned for a Scottish emergency election to be called.

It's the route I have been saying for ages they should take.

2 hours ago, tirso said:
3 hours ago, Malky3 said:
Ok it doesn't need to be cut. So how do you propose to raise the £2396.31 for every man, woman and child living in Scotland that would be needed to cover the fiscal black hole? What percentage tax rate are you proposing we all pay, if you aren't wanting to cut services? 

I wouldn't need to raise all of that figure for the country to be sustainable. Only a proportion. You're taking the whole figure again. But cheers for stopping with the 13bn error. As I say , minor to you but billions out.

It's really not. As I've pointed out the actual figure is £12.6Bn. Hardly billions out! 

And when the immediate currency issue is to be solved by Sterlingisation then that handcuffs the Independent Scottish budget to having no deficit whatsoever as this blog shows quite clearly. 

I ask again, how would you bridge the fiscal gap between what Scotland currently spends thanks to the generous Barnett Formula and the fact that we can dine out on the success of London, East England and the South of England and what Scotland actually raises in revenue? 

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
I’m saying nothing until I’ve seen [mention=33102]philyerboots[/mention] latest update on matters.

We need more drugs on this thread.

Really? I think most of the Nationalists are way beyond being adequately stoned already thanks. 

You're still assuming the whole figure would need to be cut. Unbelievable.

It's really not. As I've pointed out the actual figure is £12.6Bn. Hardly billions out! 
And when the immediate currency issue is to be solved by Sterlingisation then that handcuffs the Independent Scottish budget to having no deficit whatsoever as this blog shows quite clearly. 
I ask again, how would you bridge the fiscal gap between what Scotland currently spends thanks to the generous Barnett Formula and the fact that we can dine out on the success of London, East England and the South of England and what Scotland actually raises in revenue? 

The SNP should campaign specifically on the issue of a Section 30 and Independence and hint at UDI if it's not granted.
If they're rejected, having won a landslide (current forecasts suggest 50+ seats), then Sturgeon should resign as FM, trigger a Scottish parliament election and declare it a defacto referendum on independence.
Because, quite frankly, I don't know what else we can do.
That's a fairly decent way to go about it.

10 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

There's the civil disobedience route. Just act like we're an independent nation and still part of the EU. Get Rosyth ready to accept the food and medicine people will need as the crisis hits Dover, f**k the reserved powers, keep the country open for business and open to EU nationals.

😂

32 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

That is not going to happen. Talk about over reacting.

Lol, you've spent the last two weeks over reacting whenever someone mentions that Scotland should be an independent country.

Pipe down you slavering thicko. 

1 hour ago, Glenanover said:

Pharmaceutical supply is transnational and highly regulated. We already have shortages. Only last month we had to revert to second line regional anaesthetic drugs, to conserve first line supplies for priority patients. Fortunately we have been able to source some alternatives for now: from Poland.

Many drugs can't be stockpiled. Many require special storage. There needs to be a documented supply chain with quality control at each link in the chain.

This isn't scaremongering, it's reality.

Edited by Cyclizine

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Pharmaceutical supply is transnational and highly regulated. We already have shortages. Only last month we had to revert to second line regional anaesthetic drugs, to conserve first line supplies for priority patients. Fortunately we have been able to source some alternatives for now: from Poland.

Many drugs can't be stockpiled. Many require special storage. There needs to be a documented supply chain with quality control at each link in the chain.

I know this is correct because my partner was prescribed a drug by our GP that he wasn't supposed to and the pharmacist told us he'd ordered the wrong one because of Brexit. Apparently there were three types he could have prescribed but the one he did prescribe was the "wrong one". 

The pharmacist said it was down to the stockpiling and trying to keep the products with a longer shelf life. 

1 hour ago, Glenanover said:

No. 

State of you.

Did I really see that? The man calling for Civil Disobedience from the minority Nationalist group in Scotland to try to force his will on his country, is accusing someone of "over reacting"?

5 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Aye, it's absolutely hilarious that we would have go to those lengths to ensure people got medicine.

4 hours ago, Glenanover said:

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I know this is correct because my partner was prescribed a drug by our GP that he wasn't supposed to and the pharmacist told us he'd ordered the wrong one because of Brexit. Apparently there were three types he could have prescribed but the one he did prescribe was the "wrong one". 

The pharmacist said it was down to the stockpiling and trying to keep the products with a longer shelf life. 

Malky's calling Glenanover a lying c**t. That's loyalty for you.