When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, tirso said:
3 hours ago, Malky3 said:
https://fraserofallander.org/scottish-economy/gers/gers-day-2-after-the-hullaballoo/
Please have a read. It's not pro unionist, it's simple facts. Scotland spends £13Bn more than it earns currently. Its not an issue of bad governance or of a poorly performing economy. It's simply how finances work in the Union. We get a generous settlement from the Barnett Formula, and the Scottish Government spends it as indeed it should. 
The problem is if you break from the Union you lose the wealth of London, The South East and of the East of England, and you have to stand on your own two feet. Which means you have to look at what of the items you pay for currently that costs you £13Bn more than you earn is going to be cut. 

I don't think you understand my post. 13bn cuts are not required even if GERS is gospel.

Ok so how would you propose to cover the deficit? Tax increases? 

26 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Theres hs2 over the over that was over the original overbudget by a few more billion.The halfwit can now add it to the spending cuts or something like that

Its great news for Scotland as the Barnett Formula will mean the Scottish Government has even more money to spend on the good people of Scotland whilst we are in the Union. 

Dear All,

Please ignore these 2 c***s - you know who I'm talking about.

If the mods can't take any action here,  we should just give this thread a rest for a couple of days. The chances are that Malky3 will get pissed off talking to himself.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Dear All,

Please ignore these 2 c***s - you know who I'm talking about.

If the mods can't take any action here,  we should just give this thread a rest for a couple of days. The chances are that Malky3 will get pissed off talking to himself.

Asking for a couple of posters to get banned. As bad as a grass. 

From a guy that likes Scotland so much he lives in England. 

Overspend, and it's debatable whether this figure is justified, is slightly ...nah massively different from the Scottish Govt. spending £13bn. more than it earns.
I'll await you pointing out in that report,where, as your sidekick stated,and you seem to be agreeing with,states that Scotland spends £13bn. more that it earns.

What is the overspend ?

1 hour ago, tirso said:
2 hours ago, Malky3 said:
Ok so how would you propose to cover the deficit? Tax increases? 

So are you going to stop suggesting 13bn needs cut. It doesn't.

Ok it doesn't need to be cut. So how do you propose to raise the £2396.31 for every man, woman and child living in Scotland that would be needed to cover the fiscal black hole? What percentage tax rate are you proposing we all pay, if you aren't wanting to cut services? 

Ok it doesn't need to be cut. So how do you propose to raise the £2396.31 for every man, woman and child living in Scotland that would be needed to cover the fiscal black hole? What percentage tax rate are you proposing we all pay, if you aren't wanting to cut services? 
I wouldn't need to raise all of that figure for the country to be sustainable. Only a proportion. You're taking the whole figure again. But cheers for stopping with the 13bn error. As I say , minor to you but billions out.

There will be a GE before the end of the year.  I reckon pro-Independence parties will make clear that they see this as a proxy vote on Independence and I think they have a decent chance of getting over 50% of the vote.

In those circumstances what happens if the UK Parliament doesn’t agree to another Independence Referendum?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There will be a GE before the end of the year.  I reckon pro-Independence parties will make clear that they see this as a proxy vote on Independence and I think they have a decent chance of getting over 50% of the vote.

In those circumstances what happens if the UK Parliament doesn’t agree to another Independence Referendum?

The SNP should campaign specifically on the issue of a Section 30 and Independence and hint at UDI if it's not granted.

If they're rejected, having won a landslide (current forecasts suggest 50+ seats), then Sturgeon should resign as FM, trigger a Scottish parliament election and declare it a defacto referendum on independence.

Because, quite frankly, I don't know what else we can do.

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The SNP should campaign specifically on the issue of a Section 30 and Independence and hint at UDI if it's not granted.

If they're rejected, having won a landslide (current forecasts suggest 50+ seats), then Sturgeon should resign as FM, trigger a Scottish parliament election and declare it a defacto referendum on independence.

Because, quite frankly, I don't know what else we can do.

It all comes down to how far the people of Scotland will go if their will is denied?

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It all comes down to how far the people of Scotland will go if their will is denied?

There's the civil disobedience route. Just act like we're an independent nation and still part of the EU. Get Rosyth ready to accept the food and medicine people will need as the crisis hits Dover, f**k the reserved powers, keep the country open for business and open to EU nationals.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

There's the civil disobedience route. Just act like we're an independent nation and still part of the EU. Get Rosyth ready to accept the food and medicine people will need as the crisis hits Dover, f**k the reserved powers, keep the country open for business and open to EU nationals.

I’d like to believe that would happen, sadly I’m very doubtful.