When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

An absolute belter this one, even by your standards.

Where is it supposed to be wrong or inaccurate? More fiscal uncertainty is the absolute last thing Scotland will need.

7 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Where is it supposed to be wrong or inaccurate? More fiscal uncertainty is the absolute last thing Scotland will need.

Tell me why you lied about the OBFA, and I'll give you all the answers about Scottish independence you need.

Just now, Glenanover said:

You can't answer it can you ? 

Of course I can, but I've asked Malky over 10 times to explain why he lied about the OBFA. I'll answer any and all questions you may have on independence if he answers mine. Can't say fairer than that.

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Of course I can, but I've asked Malky over 10 times to explain why he lied about the OBFA. I'll answer any and all questions you may have on independence if he answers mine. Can't say fairer than that.

I'm asking you though. Please answer me, cheers.

27 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

There's no evidence of that. What we do know is that a new Independence Government would have to bridge a £13Bn per annum fiscal gap. That might take the form of increased taxation which would be catastrophic for Scotland, or it might take the form of cuts to public services. Either choice would affect the financial comfort of a number of Scots. I'd love to see Nationalists being honest about what services they'd cut. They are highly critical of everything Westminster does so that shouldn't be hard, but to date no-one on here has stepped up to do so. 

We've also seen the impact of one bitter divorce on the stability of our parliament and on our economy. Doing further damage to Scotland by going through a second expensive and damaging divorce which might include putting a hard border between us and England, and a hard border between Scottish exporters and the ports they export from, would have to be proven to be worth it. 

What we do know absolutely is that if the SNP had won Scottish Independence in 2014 and followed their White Paper to the letter the Scottish economy would have a deficit of £42Bn by now and climbing and being tied to sterling would have damaged the countries ability to finance that deficit. 

possibly a minor point in your eyes but you keep repeating it.  The amount needed to have a 3% deficit, according to GERS, is significantly less than 13bn.  You're taking the whole figure.

3 hours ago, Malky3 said:

We all know what we've got right now. Most Scots lead a very comfortable life with this country as part of the UK and that in part is down to the fact that we are currently tied to the wealth of London, the South East and the East of England. 

What we have right will will certainly change because of Brexit. How much it will change is unknown but many of the leave voters I read seem to at least acknowledge there will be a period of pain and uncertainty when we leave. 

This means that no, we do not know what we have right now and that the lifestyles that we all have at present will likely become worse for us.

I do not believe that you don't realise that what we have will change completely with Brexit anyway. Independence isn't adding more uncertainty, because the level of uncertainty we face is unidentified, it only creates a different kind. 

This is why arguments from 2014 don't apply anymore, even the question of currency (which may be unanswered until any IndyRef2 campaign actually starts and official papers published) is turned on its head if Sterling is failing against currencies such as the Euro.  What was obvious and desirable then is no longer automatically so now. 

Edited by Jambomo

1 minute ago, tirso said:

possibly a minor point in your eyes but you keep repeating it.  The amount needed to have a 3% deficit, according to GERS, is significantly less than 13bn.  You're taking the whole figure.

Of course it is. This is the modus operandi, lies and half truths.

14 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

But if I tell you, then Malky won't answer my question for the 15th time.

Why don't you ask Malky for me ?

Because it is irrelevant to me. I don't care what Malky's answer will be so I am not asking him. 

I am very interested to read your answer though.

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

Because it is irrelevant to me. I don't care what Malky's answer will be so I am not asking him. 

I am very interested to read your answer though.

If Malky, at the 15th attempt, manages to answer my question, then I will answer any or all of his and your questions on Independence.

It's an amazing deal tbf. Deals like this don't come around too often. 

9 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

What we have right will will certainly change because of Brexit. How much it will change is unknown but many of the leave voters I read seem to at least acknowledge there will be a period of pain and uncertainty when we leave. 

This means that no, we do not know what we have right now and that the lifestyles that we all have at present will likely become worse for us.

I do not believe that you don't realise that what we have will change completely with Brexit anyway. Independence isn't adding more uncertainty, because the level of uncertainty we face is unidentified, it only creates a different kind. 

This is why arguments from 2014 don't apply anymore, even the question of currency (which may be unanswered until any IndyRef2 campaign actually starts and official papers published) is turned on its head if Sterling is failing against currencies such as the Euro.  What was obvious and desirable then is no longer automatically so now. 

How the hell can you argue that we don't know what we have now? What we have now is a statement of fact. My job, my income, that of my kids, my debts, my bills, their bills are all a statement of fact as of today/ So that's just nonsense for a start. 

Tell me though, in your opinion what is now desirable for Scotland as a currency option? The Euro? Sterlingisation? A new currency and printing our own money? How would you resolve it? Every option has a massive downside. 

8 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

If Malky, at the 15th attempt, manages to answer my question, then I will answer any or all of his and your questions on Independence.

It's an amazing deal tbf. Deals like this don't come around too often. 

You obviously cannot answer the question. 

Trying to make a deal. 🙈