When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

As per usual you lot hunt in packs.

Its you claiming that he is lying not me. Up to you to prove it.

Milky said the OBAF act was passed unopposed. Every opposition MSP voted against it. He also said that the SNP repealed the act. The SNP MSPs were the only votes against repealing, all the votes for were from other parties. There is no maybe about this.

57 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

No wonder. He certainly puts a lot of effort into posting long winded drivel that's never going to change any sentient being's mind. Creating Glenanover to back him up though emoji23.png Fucking weirdo emoji23.png

The inability to argue in a manner that would change minds isn't just mine. The whole nationalist movement has a real problem because it has to convert voters like me from Never to Yes, and so far their attempts are risible. Seriously, on this thread so far the most credible nationalist posters have told me that they voted Yes through "blind faith" and through a "belief that Scottish politicians would do a better job". One of the more readable nationalists suggested, very sensibly, that an independent Scotland might cut taxes to attract more investment and more revenue but he was rounded upon by fellow nationalists who clearly don't like the idea of a low tax regime. Some nationalists argue that the GERs Report - produced by the Scottish Parliament's own economic experts - is a Westminster plot to undermine Scottish Independence, despite the Finance Minister saying it's a fair and honest reflection of the fiscal state of Scotland currently. Others show an inability to read expert opinion whether that be Sir Ian Wood, Fraser and Allander blogs, and blogs on Sterlingisation written by Scottish Independence Supporters, choosing instead to quote economic luminaries like Michael Stewart (Chris Sutton also had an opinion but Nationalists don't like him cause he's English). Other, more charming, nationalists told me to "f**k off out of my country" - thanks Sandy, have accused me of lying, have showed a weird obsession with my vasectomy, and have questioned why I would have access to my Grandchildren. 

Funnily enough though, there hasn't been one single credible argument that rationalises how an independent Scotland would cut it's spending to match the revenue it raises on an annual basis or any reasonable case as to why an Independent Scotland would make us all better off. 

Scottish Independence won't happen in my lifetime - or yours I suspect - because the Scottish Nationalist movement is about emotion rather than hard facts. And your face paints and flag waving counts for absolutely nothing if ultimately your desire does harm to the finances of every household in Scotland. 

10 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

The inability to argue in a manner that would change minds isn't just mine. The whole nationalist movement has a real problem because it has to convert voters like me from Never to Yes, and so far their attempts are risible. Seriously, on this thread so far the most credible nationalist posters have told me that they voted Yes through "blind faith" and through a "belief that Scottish politicians would do a better job". One of the more readable nationalists suggested, very sensibly, that an independent Scotland might cut taxes to attract more investment and more revenue but he was rounded upon by fellow nationalists who clearly don't like the idea of a low tax regime. Some nationalists argue that the GERs Report - produced by the Scottish Parliament's own economic experts - is a Westminster plot to undermine Scottish Independence, despite the Finance Minister saying it's a fair and honest reflection of the fiscal state of Scotland currently. Others show an inability to read expert opinion whether that be Sir Ian Wood, Fraser and Allander blogs, and blogs on Sterlingisation written by Scottish Independence Supporters, choosing instead to quote economic luminaries like Michael Stewart (Chris Sutton also had an opinion but Nationalists don't like him cause he's English). Other, more charming, nationalists told me to "f**k off out of my country" - thanks Sandy, have accused me of lying, have showed a weird obsession with my vasectomy, and have questioned why I would have access to my Grandchildren. 

Funnily enough though, there hasn't been one single credible argument that rationalises how an independent Scotland would cut it's spending to match the revenue it raises on an annual basis or any reasonable case as to why an Independent Scotland would make us all better off. 

Scottish Independence won't happen in my lifetime - or yours I suspect - because the Scottish Nationalist movement is about emotion rather than hard facts. And your face paints and flag waving counts for absolutely nothing if ultimately your desire does harm to the finances of every household in Scotland. 

Perhaps not, but hopefully soon after your demise.

15 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Brilliant post.

6 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

You are one horrible person.

And to think you love Scotland so much you live in England.

Ha! I never noticed that. 

He must cry himself to sleep every night knowing he won't get a vote. 

Easiest TL;DR ever [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Ha! I never noticed that. 

He must cry himself to sleep every night knowing he won't get a vote. 

Good that you've acknowledged there will be an Indyref2    :)

And don't worry, I will still get a vote along with my English partner.