When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, ford prefect said:
4 hours ago, Malky3 said:
Ofcourse it was simplistic. The audience on here thinks you can spend more than you earn and still be subsidising the people who are giving you money. I tried desperately to dumb it down so they could understand it. 
I've said before I've no doubt an independent Scotland could be viable with some hard spending choices being taken. I just want to know where Nationalists believe those austerity cuts should be made 

We'll answer that when you explain why Scotland has 50% of the UK deficit and when you add it to Wales and Northern Ireland's deficit, it adds up to more than 100% of the UK deficit, as described by your holy bible the Gers figures

Been answered already. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Indeed, even if we don't want the bovril.

Of course, if we have to use Malky's grandson to explain the situation, the reality would be somewhat different.

Malky's grandson has a paper round, he earns £6 and gives it to Malky to look after. Malky gives him back £3 to spend at the match. The little lad is happy to walk to the match, but Malky insists they take the car. 

'I had to put petrol in the car son, it's only fair you pay your share, so I've used the rest of your paper round money. Your share actually came to £5, but don't worry about that'

'It's only a short distance, how did it cost me £5 ?'

'I had to fill the whole tank you see, so I worked out that your share was £5, look with your own eyes, the tank is full, it cost £50, I've decided your share is 10%'

'But that doesn't seem right, I won't be using the car the rest of the week'

'It's called 'pooling and sharing' son' 

After the match, Malky stops for chips on the way home.

'I don't like chips, they're not good for me'

'Be quiet son, chips are essential for my diet, so you'll have to have some too. By the way I borrowed £10 earlier, I'll pay back £8 and you can pay the rest'

Back in the car and the young lad plucks up the courage to ask a question...

'Maybe I could keep all my pocket money and make my own way to the match and back. We could still sit together though'

'Don't be so silly, how could you afford that ? You only get £6, yet you've spent over £10. Besides, I might not want to sit with you anymore if you did that'

The poor lad vomits up the chips he was forced to eat.

'See son, look how lucky you are, look how generous I am.'

IMG_20190901_120608.thumb.jpg.4f3b8cfd1fdb27f39ea88a02cd8f0251.jpg

I got as far as the point where my Grandson became my son and I realised it was a Hibs fan posting. 

17 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Sorry I missed this in all the nonsense last night but I had to pick up on this. 

Energy storage is where the technology really needs to improve otherwise the figures quoted like the one you give will always be insignificant and unless we decide to take on Duracell as the worlds leading battery brand there isn't a hope of selling our renewable energy to anyone but ourselves. 

You see right now we waste a huge amount of the energy that is generated. Think about it, when it's extremely windy during the night and we're all sleeping, who is using all that energy that is being generated? Conversely what happens when we get to a night where the World Cup Final or the Strictly Final is on the telly, and the wind isn't blowing? Do we all go outside and shake some paper in the direction of a wind turbine hoping to create enough of a draught to bring the telly back to life? Remember too we can't turn the power up and down by the minute at any of our nuclear power plants, or at any of our gas or oil fired power stations. 

Another problem with your idea of selling clean energy to others is that electricity does not travel well. Where would you sell it to? The North of England where they have nuclear power plants generating more than they can use? It's hardly likely. And as I've said unless you are manufacturing AAA and AA batteries your aren't going to be exporting energy around the world. 

Is it beyond our wit to sell it to someone else who doesn't have as much wind/ resources as us? Like we sell the oil to those without it? Technology is moves rapidly but is a challenge for everyone. Not everyone though has the raw materials that we possess.

21 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Is it beyond our wit to sell it to someone else who doesn't have as much wind/ resources as us? Like we sell the oil to those without it? Technology is moves rapidly but is a challenge for everyone. Not everyone though has the raw materials that we possess.

Who are you going to sell it too? We can't even store it for our own use never mind sell it to someone else. 

23 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

The problem of storing power from intermittent sources ?
Why did no one think to phone Duracell ?
emoji23.png

God you are slow. I already used a very similar line yesterday. 

Oh wait. I've dealt with you before. You weren't very good at reading. Apologies, carry on......

12 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

God you are slow. I already used a very similar line yesterday. 

Oh wait. I've dealt with you before. You weren't very good at reading. Apologies, carry on......

You don't give up easily, Malky, do you?

Do you think if you persevere with this you might end up converting someone?

35 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You don't give up easily, Malky, do you?

Do you think if you persevere with this you might end up converting someone?

Why would I give up? I've still not had an answer. What services would Nationalists like to see cut in a new Independent Scotland to balance the books? Where would £13Bn of savings come from? And how will putting a hard border between Scotland and England help in achieving fiscal stability? 

Why would I give up? I've still not had an answer. What services would Nationalists like to see cut in a new Independent Scotland to balance the books? Where would £13Bn of savings come from? And how will putting a hard border between Scotland and England help in achieving fiscal stability? 
Why does Scotland have to run with zero deficit? Is this standard practice globally?

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

As I have said Malky you will not get an answer from any of that lot. They don't have one. Don't worry though independence will mean we will all be much better off. Scotland would be the worlds first eutopia. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Gove saying the government might ignore legislation passed by Parliament.  Certainly should become a blueprint for Indyref2.

What? Along with ignoring the results of referenda, shouting down and abusing the 55% heroes who saved Scotland last time round and appointing wife beaters, food bank embezzlers, dodgy lawyers and sexual predators into government? 

6 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

What? Along with ignoring the results of referenda, shouting down and abusing the 55% heroes who saved Scotland last time round and appointing wife beaters, food bank embezzlers, dodgy lawyers and sexual predators into government? 

Surely you are not talking about the wonderful snp ? 

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

As I have said Malky you will not get an answer from any of that lot. They don't have one. Don't worry though independence will mean we will all be much better off. Scotland would be the worlds first eutopia. 

Yep, all we've got to do is show the same blind faith that they hold. If only we'd believe in unicorns, fairies, rainbows made of Smarties, and William Wallaces ghost. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Why does Scotland have to run with zero deficit? Is this standard practice globally?

What lap are we on now? 6, 7 or 8? Surely they'll be ringing the bell soon. 

We've done this. But let me try something different. Is spending more than you earn a good thing in your mind?