When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ofcourse it was simplistic. The audience on here thinks you can spend more than you earn and still be subsidising the people who are giving you money. I tried desperately to dumb it down so they could understand it. 
I've said before I've no doubt an independent Scotland could be viable with some hard spending choices being taken. I just want to know where Nationalists believe those austerity cuts should be made 
We'll answer that when you explain why Scotland has 50% of the UK deficit and when you add it to Wales and Northern Ireland's deficit, it adds up to more than 100% of the UK deficit, as described by your holy bible the Gers figures

11 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Ofcourse it was simplistic. The audience on here thinks you can spend more than you earn and still be subsidising the people who are giving you money. I tried desperately to dumb it down so they could understand it. 

I've said before I've no doubt an independent Scotland could be viable with some hard spending choices being taken. I just want to know where Nationalists believe those austerity cuts should be made 

No chance  you will get an answer off any of that lot Malky. They are definitely not the brightest.

31 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

They are definitely not the brightest.

Incredible stuff considering you admitted that your wife was thick enough to believe that the BBC are pro SNP, and that she was the 'smart' one in your relationship.

47 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Incredible stuff considering you admitted that your wife was thick enough to believe that the BBC are pro SNP, and that she was the 'smart' one in your relationship.

Looking back over this thread is enough for me to come to the conclusion that Scottish nationalists are definitely not very bright. They are pretty angry and abusive and on the whole not very nice people.

It'll be hard to follow the absolute gem of likening Scotland's fiscal position to a day oot at the fitba, but this is a nice wee graphic illustration: deficit.thumb.jpg.e3b7e8352724b5622027c4224eccbf3a.jpg

These sums of money aren’t that big in terms of the overall economy and if Scottish independence produces more or less economic growth then the cumulative effect will soon outstrip any direct saving/loss

If you think that the Scottish economy can thrive once freed from Westminster’s control then the extra growth resulting from the unleashed tartan tiger will make the supposed “Barnet subsidy” looks irrelevant

If on the other hand you genuinely believe that Scotland can thrive as part of Boris’ Brexit Bonanza then you should be able to insist that giving him all our mineral wealth is a cheap price to pay for all the good times ahead

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If you think that the Scottish economy can thrive once freed from Westminster’s control then the extra growth resulting from the unleashed tartan tiger will make the supposed “Barnet subsidy” looks irrelevant

Yes, what saddens me is there are those who for whatever reason think Scotland would be unable to have a thriving economy.

Random spam watch. Ignores countless answers and repeats.The record is broken, bin it.

On 01/08/2019 at 22:44, Malky3 said:

Had Scotland voted Yes theyd have had to find £13Bn per annum to in austerity cuts or they would have had to find a way to raise the total tax take elsewhere. 

On 06/08/2019 at 05:05, Malky3 said:

We know now that the difference between what Scotland spent and what it raised in tax revenue was around £13Bn - £14Bn every year since 2014.  

On 13/08/2019 at 08:28, Malky3 said:

I referenced the fact that Scotland currently spends around £13Bn per annum more than it generates in taxation.

On 29/08/2019 at 11:27, Malky3 said:

You can stop me going on about unanswered questions if you can tell me where the SNP would have made £29.9Bn of austerity cuts over the last two years to balance out the fiscal black hole from their White Paper. 

On 29/08/2019 at 13:41, Malky3 said:

I've been clear, I'm asking about £29.9Bn of cuts to what was promised in the White Paper 

On 29/08/2019 at 20:06, Malky3 said:

And if you are used to a lifestyle that sees you spend £13Bn per annum more than you earn, you are going to have to make some rather big decisions on either what you are going to do to earn an extra £13Bn per annum in tax revenue, or what areas of spending you are going to cut. 

On 30/08/2019 at 15:35, Malky3 said:

So let me ask again - what would you change in order to save £13Bn per annum, git-intae-thum?  

On 30/08/2019 at 21:31, Malky3 said:

and would leave us having to find £13Bn of real cuts every single year just to balance the books. 

On 31/08/2019 at 01:51, Malky3 said:

I'd ask you where you would like to see an Independent Scottish Government make £13Bn worth of cuts but I know it's pointless. 

On 30/08/2019 at 22:59, Malky3 said:

Perhaps you can help. What would you cut to save £13Bn per annum? 

Edited by welshbairn

Indeed, even if we don't want the bovril.
Of course, if we have to use Malky's grandson to explain the situation, the reality would be somewhat different.
Malky's grandson has a paper round, he earns £6 and gives it to Malky to look after. Malky gives him back £3 to spend at the match. The little lad is happy to walk to the match, but Malky insists they take the car. 
'I had to put petrol in the car son, it's only fair you pay your share, so I've used the rest of your paper round money. Your share actually came to £5, but don't worry about that'
'It's only a short distance, how did it cost me £5 ?'
'I had to fill the whole tank you see, so I worked out that your share was £5, look with your own eyes, the tank is full, it cost £50, I've decided your share is 10%'
'But that doesn't seem right, I won't be using the car the rest of the week'
'It's called 'pooling and sharing' son' 
After the match, Malky stops for chips on the way home.
'I don't like chips, they're not good for me'
'Be quiet son, chips are essential for my diet, so you'll have to have some too. By the way I borrowed £10 earlier, I'll pay back £8 and you can pay the rest'
Back in the car and the young lad plucks up the courage to ask a question...
'Maybe I could keep all my pocket money and make my own way to the match and back. We could still sit together though'
'Don't be so silly, how could you afford that ? You only get £6, yet you've spent over £10. Besides, I might not want to sit with you anymore if you did that'
The poor lad vomits up the chips he was forced to eat.
'See son, look how lucky you are, look how generous I am.'
IMG_20190901_120608.thumb.jpg.4f3b8cfd1fdb27f39ea88a02cd8f0251.jpg

Excellent post. Consider my hat doffed in your general direction.