When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

The highlighted part in particular is rubbish. Scotland raised £13Bn less in revenue than our Scottish Government spends. By it's very definition money isn't being pumped out of our economy, it's being pumped in. Without it the SNP couldn't give the middle classes and the rich free prescriptions and free university education. 

No......Our (along with rUK regional) money is used to inflate the economy of London and the SE.

Once again.......the supposed deficit apportioned to Scotland DOES NOT EXIST. It is an accounting trick.

I thought I had explained this process sufficiently to you at a kinder Yoon level. Obviously not. 

34 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

You see right now we waste a huge amount of the energy that is generated. Think about it, when it's extremely windy during the night and we're all sleeping, who is using all that energy that is being generated? Conversely what happens when we get to a night where the World Cup Final or the Strictly Final is on the telly, and the wind isn't blowing? Do we all go outside and shake some paper in the direction of a wind turbine hoping to create enough of a draught to bring the telly back to life? Remember too we can't turn the power up and down by the minute at any of our nuclear power plants, or at any of our gas or oil fired power stations. 

:lol:

NO STRICTLY FINAL IN AN INDEPENDENT SCOTLAND!!!!!!

(UNLESS IT'S WINDY)

(WHICH IS VERY LIKELY AT THAT TIME OF YEAR)

361343.jpg?b64lines=IE9oLCB3b24ndCBzb21lYm9keSBwbGVhc2UKIHRoaW5rIG9mIHRoZSBCQUtFIE9GRiBGSU5BTD8g

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

No......Our (along with rUK regional) money is used to inflate the economy of London and the SE.

Once again.......the supposed deficit apportioned to Scotland DOES NOT EXIST. It is an accounting trick.

I thought I had explained this process sufficiently to you at a kinder Yoon level. Obviously not. 

Dear oh dear! 

The only accounting "trick" being applied here is the one where you claim "Scotlands" money is being spent in England, when quite obviously it's the other way round. It's an impressive piece of double counting by you. 

I'll try to make it simple. Today I picked my Grandson up at his house and we travelled to the football together. At his house - lets call that Scotland - his Dad had given him £5 to spend at the game saying it was pocket money that he had earned. He gave it to me and I put it in my wallet for safe keeping. At the game he asked for his money and he spent it before kick off - programme, sweets, and a drink IIRC. At half time he said he was thirsty so I - lets call me the rest of the UK - gave him £2.50. 

He spent all of the revenue he had earned, and was now spending some of my revenue which I was in a good financial position to give him. He doesn't have a deficit because it won't ever have to be paid back to me. 

Now had he gone to the match on his own he would have had his money to spend only and he would have had to go thirsty at half time. 

That's exactly Scotlands fiscal position currently as confirmed by the Scottish Finance Minister Derek MacKay. The Scottish Government spends more than it earns - £13Bn more than it earns but it's not a deficit cause the UK works like a good family where Barnett Formula ensures when areas of England are prosperous their good fortune is shared. 

I'm not surprised you won't accept the Finance Ministers word on it. He's never given off the air of being remotely competent in his job but surely he's better placed than you, especially when you can't grasp that when Scotland spends more than it raises, it doesn't have money to give to England to spend on it's capital projects. 

Dear oh dear! 
The only accounting "trick" being applied here is the one where you claim "Scotlands" money is being spent in England, when quite obviously it's the other way round. It's an impressive piece of double counting by you. 
I'll try to make it simple. Today I picked my Grandson up at his house and we travelled to the football together. At his house - lets call that Scotland - his Dad had given him £5 to spend at the game saying it was pocket money that he had earned. He gave it to me and I put it in my wallet for safe keeping. At the game he asked for his money and he spent it before kick off - programme, sweets, and a drink IIRC. At half time he said he was thirsty so I - lets call me the rest of the UK - gave him £2.50. 
He spent all of the revenue he had earned, and was now spending some of my revenue which I was in a good financial position to give him. He doesn't have a deficit because it won't ever have to be paid back to me. 
Now had he gone to the match on his own he would have had his money to spend only and he would have had to go thirsty at half time. 
That's exactly Scotlands fiscal position currently as confirmed by the Scottish Finance Minister Derek MacKay. The Scottish Government spends more than it earns - £13Bn more than it earns but it's not a deficit cause the UK works like a good family where Barnett Formula ensures when areas of England are prosperous their good fortune is shared. 
I'm not surprised you won't accept the Finance Ministers word on it. He's never given off the air of being remotely competent in his job but surely he's better placed than you, especially when you can't grasp that when Scotland spends more than it raises, it doesn't have money to give to England to spend on it's capital projects. 
f**k off

15 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Dear oh dear! 

😂FFS...

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

You see right now we waste a huge amount of the energy that is generated. Think about it, when it's extremely windy during the night and we're all sleeping, who is using all that energy that is being generated? Conversely what happens when we get to a night where the World Cup Final or the Strictly Final is on the telly, and the wind isn't blowing? Do we all go outside and shake some paper in the direction of a wind turbine hoping to create enough of a draught to bring the telly back to life? Remember too we can't turn the power up and down by the minute at any of our nuclear power plants, or at any of our gas or oil fired power stations. 

What a fucking dummy. Why would we want to do that and incur all of the various inefficiencies at each stage of the generation process when we could just have backup shakey paper turbines in each of our homes. 

SHAKE FOR SCOTLAND BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!

Lets shake our way to a fairer society* 

*Credit to Walter Mitty and his shitposting on P&B

40 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Screen_Shot_2017-05-02_at_2_43.53_PM.png.302da299e1bea9723e3fd0da22d4a291.png

4 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm glad we've had what a deficit entails explained to us by that searingly good analogy. 

It's generally considered that comparing a nations budget/finances to a household's is not a particularly useful comparison to make.

That shit was on a whole other level.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's generally considered that comparing a nations budget/finances to a household's is not a particularly useful comparison to make.

That shit was on a whole other level.

England: Subsidising Scotland's Bovril since 1707. 

5 hours ago, Malky3 said:

That's exactly Scotlands fiscal position currently as confirmed by the Scottish Finance Minister Derek MacKay. 

priceless 😂

7 hours ago, Snobot said:

I’m confused. So Malky is Britannia, his Grandson is Nicola Sturgeon and Nicola’s dad is Mark Carnie  or something.  

No surprise there. Nationalists seem to be extremely confused most of the time, especially those that think you can spend more than you earn and still be subsidising England. 

Comparing national economic management with household accounting is as simplistic as it is erroneous.

For the hard of thinking, Yanis Varoufakis schooling a blowhard gammon with an economics lesson on Question Time is a good place to understand why.

I have no doubt at all that any yet to be defined modest deficit will be easily and competently  managed over a period of time.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

This article is utter nonsense, easily shredded. But just to pick up on one of the lowest hanging pieces of fruit on there - if Scotland is so advanced in wind technology why are over 95% of the wind turbines dotted across Scotland manufactured overseas? Why, if we're so successful did Gaia Wind go burst last year? Indeed why Faraday Grid go bust? Or BiFab? Why were all of their business models so dependent on government orders and funding? Where were the orders for our adanced technology ffrom the rest of the world? 

Scottish Business websirte is hardly a reliable non partizan source of news. I suggest you try more serious comics like The Beano or The Dandy.... 

28 minutes ago, sophia said:

Comparing national economic management with household accounting is as simplistic as it is erroneous.

For the hard of thinking, Yanis Varoufakis schooling a blowhard gammon with an economics lesson on Question Time is a good place to understand why.

I have no doubt at all that any yet to be defined modest deficit will be easily and competently  managed over a period of time.

Ofcourse it was simplistic. The audience on here thinks you can spend more than you earn and still be subsidising the people who are giving you money. I tried desperately to dumb it down so they could understand it. 

I've said before I've no doubt an independent Scotland could be viable with some hard spending choices being taken. I just want to know where Nationalists believe those austerity cuts should be made