When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

This lying yoon is meant to be an expert in the oil sector.

2014 - Sir Ian said: "The loss of significant offshore oil and gas tax revenues as the North Sea runs down will have a big impact on our economy, jobs and balance of payments, with significant increases in household energy bills - and a very adverse impact on the legacy for future generations in an independent Scotland."

He explained: "It means our young voters must be fully aware that by the time they are middle aged, Scotland will have little offshore oil and gas production and this will seriously hit our economy, jobs and public services.

"What's more, the rundown impact will begin to be felt by 2030, which is only 15 years from now."

2017 - Sir Ian said, whether there are 10 or 20 billion barrels of oil left, there is still a future in the North Sea.

He added: “This industry is nowhere near the end of its life. That’s really important.

Your "lying Yoon" was funding the SNP's political campaigns up till mid 2014 when Alex Salmond started to talk bullshit about oil reserves and oil revenues. Even then it was the SNP who rejected his money after he went public with his views - rather than him withdrawing funding. It would be a strange way for a "Yoon" to behave don't you think? 

Still who to trust. A man who grew the Wood Group hugely through his knowledge and experience of the Scottish Oil Industry, or an anonymous Falkirk supporting cleaner at one of the "supermajors". It's a tough choice but I think I'll plump for the man both the Scottish and UK Government turned to for expert advice. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why dont you f**k off to the Peter Wood forum then?

Here we go again........

• If you can't answer the questions just shout "f**k off" at the man winning the debate. 🙄

8 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

That's because he is winning the debate.

Do you agree with this masterpiece?

On 09/08/2019 at 16:51, Malky3 said:

I had hoped that in the modern Scotland we were making some progress towards eradicating sectarianism when in 2012 we saw the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act passed into law unopposed but by 2018 the SNP had repealed the Act, and on these pages we can see why. It's sad really but it seems the Nationalist Cult needs to sow division on any grounds whatsoever to gain traction for their cause. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Your "lying Yoon" was funding the SNP's political campaigns up till mid 2014 when Alex Salmond started to talk bullshit about oil reserves and oil revenues. Even then it was the SNP who rejected his money after he went public with his views - rather than him withdrawing funding. It would be a strange way for a "Yoon" to behave don't you think? 

Still who to trust. A man who grew the Wood Group hugely through his knowledge and experience of the Scottish Oil Industry, or an anonymous Falkirk supporting cleaner at one of the "supermajors". It's a tough choice but I think I'll plump for the man both the Scottish and UK Government turned to for expert advice. 

Proof of this Malky.

If it walks like a yoon talks like a yoon and boot licks like a yoon...it's a yoon

Wood 2014 -  “Against these measures, it’s very hard not to conclude the case is heavily weighted towards Scotland remaining in the UK and getting the best of both worlds – I want the best for future generations of Scots.”

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Answered that many times. Nationalists on this site called it "I'm alright Jack" and that really does sum it up. I'm happy and comfortable with how things have been and how things are within the UK. To get me to change my vote on Scottish Independence the Nationalists would have to prove my family and I would be better off financially in an Independent Scotland. 

I've asked repeatedly what public services the Nationalists would have cut to fund the £29.9Bn fiscal black hole that would have happened had we followed the SNP White Paper in 2014. I've asked how building a hard border between Scotland and England would benefit an Independent Scotland, when an already Independent Ireland is saying it will be catastrophic - and will create a National Emergency - for them. 

To answer your second question - I don't like the attempt to suspend parliament, but I also don't like the idea of a laughably titled "Government of National Unity" that sees Scottish and Irish Separatists, prop up a Marxist Brexiteer PM with the lowest approval ratings of any Labour Party leader in history. And for me the most heinous and blatant attempt at political self harm during the whole Brexit issue was when Ken Clarke's proposal in the indicative votes tried to force the UK Government into a permanent Customs Union with the EU. It lost by 2 votes - all SNP MP's abstained! 

So the nationalists have to prove to you that you will not be any worse in an independent Scotland yet you are prepared to be tied to England while it crashes out of the EU on the promises of you will be alright from a serial liar like Boris.

56 minutes ago, Jute said:

So the nationalists have to prove to you that you will not be any worse in an independent Scotland yet you are prepared to be tied to England while it crashes out of the EU on the promises of you will be alright from a serial liar like Boris.

Yes they do.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Proof of this Malky.

If it walks like a yoon talks like a yoon and boot licks like a yoon...it's a yoon

Wood 2014 -  “Against these measures, it’s very hard not to conclude the case is heavily weighted towards Scotland remaining in the UK and getting the best of both worlds – I want the best for future generations of Scots.”

The link on the SNP site no longer works but their facebook page is pretty clear 

https://www.facebook.com/theSNP/posts/snp-comment-on-rejection-of-sir-ian-wood-money-httpwwwsnporgmedia-centrenews2013/10152129066234078/

Wood himself says he's no interest in taking sides, he just wanted to speak out against the lies being told to the Scottish people. 

Thoroughout the indistry, it is pretty widely known that Ian Woods comments are highly politicised and are not a true reflection of something that in any case, can vary widely anyway, as potential reserves is nothing more than an educated guess. Indeed, even when geoscientists identify possible hydrocarbon bearing structures using seismic data, its still effectively an educated guess to commit to drilling there. 

This is why so many dusters are drilled even in this day and age. So you see, to take the word of a highly politicised old man as gospel is the preserve of an idiot.... And here we are. 

4 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

The link on the SNP site no longer works but their facebook page is pretty clear 

https://www.facebook.com/theSNP/posts/snp-comment-on-rejection-of-sir-ian-wood-money-httpwwwsnporgmedia-centrenews2013/10152129066234078/

Wood himself says he's no interest in taking sides, he just wanted to speak out against the lies being told to the Scottish people. 

What has this shite about the union terrace garden project in Aberdeen got to do with your  funding the SNP's political campaigns up till mid 2014?

55 minutes ago, Jute said:

Yep. 

It's really simple. If nationalists want me to change my vote they'll need to show me, in some credible detail, how they will balance the economy to make Scotland work. They'll need to show me how they will trade with our biggest export market in England when the EU will ban us from trading with them in the event of a hard Brexit. They'll need to show how Scotland can have a more diverse economy than one that relies absolutely on a polluting hydrocarbon industry. And they'll need to show how their absolute reliance on North Sea Oil tallies with their bollocks about wanting to clean up the environment. 

I've stated my opinion on Brexit too many times. I voted to remain. The case to leave wasn't successfully made IMO. However the country voted and as a democrat I respect the result of the referendum. I really wish our politicians would too. If we "crash out" of Europe without a deal it will be because our MP's failed to agree with the negotiated withdrawal agreement. It was presented to parliament three times and three times MP's voted against it. As I've said the SNP even had the audacity to abstain in a vote that proposed the UK be kept in a Customs Union! But I'll tell you what - I've got far more faith in Boris Johnstons ability to get a trade deal done quickly with the US than I have in Nicola Sturgeons ability to do a deal with Westminster to keep Scotland's imports and exports flowing through it's normal ports and airports. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thoroughout the indistry, it is pretty widely known that Ian Woods comments are highly politicised and are not a true reflection of something that in any case, can vary widely anyway, as potential reserves is nothing more than an educated guess. Indeed, even when geoscientists identify possible hydrocarbon bearing structures using seismic data, its still effectively an educated guess to commit to drilling there. 

This is why so many dusters are drilled even in this day and age. So you see, to take the word of a highly politicised old man as gospel is the preserve of an idiot.... And here we are. 

Do you know, you have just described Alex Salmond perfectly. 

Edited by Malky3