When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Edwina Curry on radio 4 earlier getting a full house on the too wee, too poor bingo card. Oil running out, chaos, EU don't want Scotland and then the prize pig - Northern Italy and Catalonia are the same as Scotland and the EU don't want this sortof thing happening within a country. 

Malky would be changing his underwear if he'd heard the crone. 

7 minutes ago, HTG said:

Edwina Curry on radio 4 earlier getting a full house on the too wee, too poor bingo card. Oil running out, chaos, EU don't want Scotland and then the prize pig - Northern Italy and Catalonia are the same as Scotland and the EU don't want this sortof thing happening within a country. 

Malky would be changing his underwear if he'd heard the crone. 

Remember we’re going to be FORCED to use the evil, filthy, foreign Euro and ruled by the dirty European Union but also barred from the European Union and not allowed to use any currency.

Curry should spend a little more time picking John Major’s pubes out from between her horrific teeth and a little less denigrating the jocks.

28 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Sure it does.

What? You mean all those Finns who want their parliament dissolved, their nation’s sovereignty abolished, and for Finland to become a region of United Scandinavia ruled from Oslo are not patriotic?!

Ah, that’s right. They don’t exist because the concept is fucking ludicrous and it’s impossible to be “patriotic” (for good or ill) and actively oppose your nation’s sovereignty and statehood.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Oh! I'm kind of sorry I missed this. 

Yep that was one of the reports I referenced earlier. You'll have noticed, no doubt, that London, Zurich, Frankfurt, Paris, Geneva, Luxemburg, and Monaco all appear higher up in the GFCI 25 listing, and that Dublin, Munich, and Amsterdam  can all be added to those 7 if using the GFCI 24 rating. All of which, ofcourse, confirms that Edinburgh is not the 4th largest Finance Centre in Europe and that only a complete zoomer referencing a Wikipedia post with a citation to an out of date dodgy Word Press blog would think otherwise. 

Fucking moron doesn't understand how using different criteria produces different rankings shock.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

It is MY country too Sandy. That's what people like you don't understand. Being a Unionist doesn't make you any less patriotic. I want what is best for Scotland and for our people. I just happen to think that Independence would be a rip roaring disaster - especially if it was inflicted on us by the SNP and by many of the Nationalists - like you - who want to make all opposition disappear. What a strangely fascist way to behave! 

I too am familiar with ship building industry. The reason for referencing BAe Systems is that it is on the Clyde and it is still very much in business - and it's not reliant on the Scottish Government. 

When has independence ever been a "rip roaring disaster" for any country under any government?

Or is Scotland just that unique unexplainable exception where it'll be doomed for failure should it ever take complete control over it's own decisions?

Were Scotland to become independent and make a rip roaring success of it, WHILE continuing to roundly reject the Tories as it has done for decades now, it would present a pretty tasty dilemma for English voters who continue to fall hook line and sinker for a party who's clue is in their fucking name.

11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

When has independence ever been a "rip roaring disaster" for any country under any government?

Or is Scotland just that unique unexplainable exception where it'll be doomed for failure should it ever take complete control over it's own decisions?

Why are you still trying to reason with it? He reminds me of Snafu on the currants thread before he fessed up. Nobody can be that stupid. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

It is MY country too Sandy. That's what people like you don't understand. Being a Unionist doesn't make you any less patriotic. I want what is best for Scotland and for our people. I just happen to think that Independence would be a rip roaring disaster - especially if it was inflicted on us by the SNP and by many of the Nationalists - like you - who want to make all opposition disappear. What a strangely fascist way to behave! 

I too am familiar with ship building industry. The reason for referencing BAe Systems is that it is on the Clyde and it is still very much in business - and it's not reliant on the Scottish Government. 

Do you think Boris Johnson and his extreme right of centre cabinet represents what is best for Scotland?

Here's a fun game - name a European country roughly comparable to Scotland (in terms of population, climate, resources, whatever), that is less "successful" than the United Kingdom at the moment.

One wee complication, facts must be used to back up any answers.

7 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I'll be interesting to see if Malky's banned before the 18/19 GERS figures to be released in a couple of weeks.  

He'll be back in some other form to tell us all about Scotlands big "deficit" and how we're at the mercy of hard working Mr South who graciously donates a proportion of his hard earnings to feed us lazy, jobless, junky jocks who don't know how good we've got it.

haiti

So far on this thread I have outlined the fact that life in Scotland is quite comfortable for most within the UK union and I asked for example and proof of what Independence would offer that was better

The most popular answer was an "I'm alright Jack" smear along with similar name calling variations often linking me to "yer pal Boris". One person said he would follow Irelands lead and cut Corporation Tax. He was promptly shouted down with allegations tbat this would be a race to the bottom. No other examples or proof of what Independence would bring the UK were offered. 

I referenced the fact that Scotland currently spends around £13Bn per annum more than it generates in taxation. Figures backed up by Scottish Government figures. The response is to rubbish the GERS figures saying that they are inaccurate and that we shouldn't worry about money despite the fact that in their 8 years in power, handling the books, the SNP have failed to come up with any verifiable methodology to oppose the GERS figures. Apparently in the land of unicorns we shouldn't look too closely incase we scare off the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. 

When I showed that the SNP policy of Sterlingisation means there would have to be no budget deficit and asked where the £13Bn in budget cuts would come from the only answers were general abuse. Apparently Edinburgh is the 4th largest Financial City in Europe according to a dodgy, now redundant WordPress Blog from 2010, and when I point out that Industry Standard measures used by experts globally ranked Edinburgh as 8th or 11th in Europe on March 20th 2019 depending on which table you want to base it on I am accused of talking Scotland down and assuming we're a shitehole. I'm asked why I didn't think Edinburgh could become the biggest financial centre in Europe and I reference a quote from the head of RBS who says they would be forced to relocate out of Scotland in the event of Independence because the Scottish economy would be too small to bail them out. The response is more smears. 

I quote an article where one of the biggest financial backer of the SNP and an economic advisor to Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon has accused the Scottish Government of incompitence, of abusing its power and of operating in "Standard Grade economics"  I'm told he's a "right wing tax exile". I'm then told to"leave the country" - the country of my birth, where I have worked and contributed all my life. When I point out its my country too that is met with ridicule and more abuse. 

Then Perthshirebell posts that he wonders if I'll be banned any time soon. A typical cry of Nationalists who aee losing the debate! 

If anyone wants any evidence as to why Scottish Independence will never happen they just need to ask themselves if they think they are doing enough to sell it to the sizable majority of us who are skeptical. Is the offer of deportation of all political opposition going to make those who voted no last time vote for a Totalitarian State next time round? 

I'm not sold.. Frankly I think Sandy and his mates would make great nominees for the "heads gone" thread. 

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

So far on this thread I have outlined the fact that life in Scotland is quite comfortable for most within the UK union and I asked for example and proof of what Independence would offer that was better

The most popular answer was an "I'm alright Jack" ............I'm still hurting.................the end.

TL:DR....fixed.

10 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I was listening to some Frank Zappa last night and thinking about some of the outbursts we've had on this thread lately. I was reminded of a good Zappa quote. "A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open". 

Its difficult to have an open mind to Independence when theres no one prepared to provide any tangible benefits.