When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm enjoying this "New Scotland" stuff, although the various existing New Scotlands might sue, which would be humiliating. Still beats being "The Scotland", though.

Would we still be the same Scotland after independence, or a continuation of the original Scotland (1707), like Accrington Stanley?

If we don't get an acceptable deal with rUK, does that mean that we need to have a further referendum?  It appears that all the discussions around rUK and the EU is predicated on deals being made.

Given Nicola's wish to be treated as an equal nation, what happens if rUK say " You want to be treated equally then take your 1/4 share of the current UK debt".  Totally unacceptable but does it invalidate the referendum result  on the basis that nobody currently voting for independence on the expectation of this outcome.  

Or does this stuff only matter when you lose a referendum?

Just now, strichener said:

If we don't get an acceptable deal with rUK, does that mean that we need to have a further referendum?  It appears that all the discussions around rUK and the EU is predicated on deals being made.

Given Nicola's wish to be treated as an equal nation, what happens if rUK say " You want to be treated equally then take your 1/4 share of the current UK debt".  Totally unacceptable but does it invalidate the referendum result  on the basis that nobody currently voting for independence on the expectation of this outcome.  

Are you drunk?

13 minutes ago, strichener said:

If we don't get an acceptable deal (which is completely implausible but I'll humour you) then we leave the UK without a deal.

And no debt.

14 minutes ago, strichener said:

Entirely sensible post and these points are the ones I'll make if I move to Glasgow before any poll.

The whole Brexit debacle shows the importance of knowing the likely shape of a deal before having a vote and, in the case of Continuity Scotland ( @BigFatTabbyDave), going to the electorate with heads of agreement with rUK and the EU will be the difference between No and Yes.

51 minutes ago, strichener said:

We either leave the UK with a deal that's good for Scotland, or we leave with no deal and no debt. Scotland holds no legal liability over any share of the UK National debt. Taking on a share of the debt would be by agreement, not legal enforcement. So not really in the anglos best interests to try and screw us over in negotiations.

But you already knew that. You just don't like it.

44 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

we leave the UK without a deal.

And no debt.

4 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

we leave with no deal and no debt.

Funny how these Yessers are morphing in to JRM.  Birds of a feather, eh?

We either leave the UK with a deal that's good for Scotland, or we leave with no deal and no debt. Scotland holds no legal liability over any share of the UK National debt. Taking on a share of the debt would be by agreement, not legal enforcement. So not really in the anglos best interests to try and screw us over in negotiations.
But you already knew that. You just don't like it.

Or the Scottish people demand we stay part of Britain yet again, even though you just don’t like that.

Whit a load of slavering pish is coming out of the mooth of our resident submissionists this evening.

As a supporter of independence there is nothing I would like better than to have a fully negotiated deal worked out and ready to put to the electorate pre referendum.

One wee obstacle though.

The UK government.

😂

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Whit a load of slavering pish is coming out of the mooth of our resident submissionists this evening.

As a supporter of independence there is nothing I would like better than to have a fully negotiated deal worked out and ready to put to the electorate pre referendum.

One wee obstacle though.

The UK government.

😂

Then it's simple.  Go to a Brexit-fatigued electorate with no divorce agreement with  rUK and no pre-nup with The EU and see what the outcome is.  Geo Sq will, again, be awash with Union Flags.

I'm actually trying to help you here.

5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Half of me thinks we should be brutally honest about how long it might take and half of me wants us to sink lower than better together and just lie lie lie to victory.

I think we should do whatever it takes. I don't care what form that takes.

I will try and answer your question to the best of my knowledge.
When Scotland becomes Independent, we will have negotiated a deal with the ruk.  I guess that part of that deal will involve free trade, the same as we already have with the ruk.  So there will be no hard border at this point. 
During the extremely short process of joining the EU, which as an Independent nation we can decide whether or not to, we would probably have some sort of border.   
When we are Independent, I would like to rejoin the EU and have no borders with Europe.  If we have to have a hard border with the ruk, then I will not worry too much because we have a whole continent called Europe to trade with.  I understand that we do most of our trade with ruk (depending on how accurate some information is) and this would continue.  The ruk would still trade with us because we have so much to give them, the same stuff they already take for granted.  
I think that once the assets and liabilities of the uk are sorted out, then Scotland will be in profit from day one. 

This answer is the first time I've ever questioned my support for our independence.

Deluded if you think this is a win

I accept that entirely.  BUT you secessionists have got to stop saying that you'll just fall easily in to the EU.  The choice is simple:  Commit to a timetable or stop trying to fool people.
Edit:  The driver for this second referendum centres around accession to The EU.  I sympathise with this.  BUT the electorate need more than just, "It will be easy" and only a fool would disagree.
If you don't think Scotland can be part of eu within a reasonable period then were as well becoming part of Wales. An irrelevant piece of shite.