When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

This suggestion by a Tory blogger to the current constitutional conundrums is actually quite interesting.

It would provide them with their nice tidy clean break Brexit and crucially allow Scotland as the UK successor state to retain its EU membership.

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/the-way-to-a-clean-brexit-independence-from-scotland/?fbclid=IwAR2g2JzU_pc9qanCTda8n_BT7KKOTHS6pO76msFnZ1hqh2aDleuDWEe-_Tk

Perfect........so not a hope in hell this will happen.

The thing is, it's not addressing that the constitutional problem is; i.e. Ireland.  If the Irish backstop were resolved by NI leaving or getting the DUP away from power (sea border), that gives an arrangement that is implementable without a 'soft Brexit'.

Scottish independence is still an inconvenient for Tories right now as it just creates the Irish situation all over again but even worse as there's no route to some odd odd proxy border type thing. Until that's resolved, we will be told to shut up or even agree to a referendum on terms of alignment to the UK in customs which would be a b*****d for both sides negating the potential economic benefit to iScotland and costing rUK money in implementing a solution which separates the markets.

The thing that gets me with Unionists, is they always like to throw around the SNP are Anti-English argument. When you try to ask them on evidence or a quote to back up what they are saying, they always fail at bringing anything to the table. If you were to show them these disturbing quotes from Boris Johnson, they would ignore it, or come up with the "Oh, that was a long time ago." argument. Just goes to show how they are so quick to ignore evidence when it doesn't suit their agenda.

1 hour ago, Sigma said:

The thing that gets me with Unionists, is they always like to throw around the SNP are Anti-English argument. When you try to ask them on evidence or a quote to back up what they are saying, they always fail at bringing anything to the table. If you were to show them these disturbing quotes from Boris Johnson, they would ignore it, or come up with the "Oh, that was a long time ago." argument. Just goes to show how they are so quick to ignore evidence when it doesn't suit their agenda.

They do have "evidence" though..... either they happen to be English, or their dear auld innocent victimized dad is.

On 20/06/2019 at 10:51, John Lambies Doos said:

I read the first 3 comments, so the 'Scottish Nazi Party' emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png mentioned 5 times.. laughed and gave up.

Ah yes Scotland, the land notorious for hating non-whites/immigrants/non-Christians.

see if it is a hard brexit does that mean there will be a hard border with the Rest of the UK post independence?  i,e Scotland in EU, England Out.  The EU would demand a hard border.

Hate to say it but I can't imagine a campaign that doesn't allow free access to jobs and industry in England as winning.

Morally it should be us going our own way, financially it could be ruinous. 

Whatever Ireland gets is what we would get.  

It was in our interests, an indy Scotland's, for Theresa May's deal to have been put through.

Edited by tirso

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Love comments like this from Scots.

Totally ignoring the fact that the 2 club domination of Scottish football is directly attributable to Scotland’s intolerance of immigration.....

^ ^ ^Brexiteer who hates non-whites type post.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Ah yes Scotland, the land notorious for hating non-whites/immigrants/non-Christians.

Just a shame that the country to the south of us actually DOES have a problem with all of these people, and we're fucking shackled to it.

5 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Do I have to provide links to prove an already debunked myth?  It is common knowledge that Scotland will be accepted back into the EU.

Then make it part of any possible future separation ballot.  Thus, "we want to divorce rUK and marry the EU and here is the timeline and the terms".

You won't because you can't.  That Scotland can rapidly join The EU with consummate ease is nothing but hogwash.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Then make it part of any possible future separation ballot.  Thus, "we want to divorce rUK and marry the EU and here is the timeline and the terms".

You won't because you can't.  That Scotland can rapidly join The EU with consummate ease is nothing but hogwash.

You've done this nonsense. On umpteen occasions. Give it a rest.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Idiotic post - again.

There is no evidence that Scotland will have an " extremely short process of joining the EU".

There's been all kinds of noises from the EU that Scotland would be more than welcome as member.

In fact Scotland would be more than welcome almost anywhere apart from "The Tory County of Buckinghamshire"

6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You've done this nonsense. On umpteen occasions. Give it a rest.

On balance I'd probably be more comfortable living in Scotland within the EU than in England outside of The EU so I don't really have much skin in this game.

BUT when I read things like, "Scotland will have an " extremely short process of joining the EU"" then you know posters are talking shit.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

On balance I'd probably be more comfortable living in Scotland within the EU than in England outside of The EU so I don't really have much skin in this game.

BUT when he read things like, "Scotland will have an " extremely short process of joining the EU"" then you know posters are talking shit.

Can you provide evidence that "posters are talking shit"?

(Hint: no)