Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

570 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

A simple "no" would've sufficed. 

Great. Another one who can't have a decent conversation without pouting. :1eye

Good luck persuading hundreds of thousands to go from No to Yes with that attitude.

Edited by oaksoft

Yes. There is a split about what currency to use.
Sturgeon has made strong claims about how bad a new currency would be if we push it at the start.
Now she has to persuade the rest of Scotland that a new currency early on is a good thing.
That is just one example.
The Yes side are split on all sorts of things.
There is no way this will be easy. Especially so if the vote is tight.
Will members of thr SNP be campaigning against the govts wishes fir a second referendum??

This is f**k all like Brexit which is the comparison you made.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Will members of thr SNP be campaigning against the govts wishes fir a second referendum??

This is f**k all like Brexit which is the comparison you made.

That is your opinion.

It's not mine.

We move on.

BTW, it might help you to recognise that the SNP are not the Yes campaign.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Great. Another one who can't have a decent conversation without pouting. :1eye

Good luck persuading hundreds of thousands to go from No to Yes with that attitude.

Facts not suiting your agenda? Unlucky.

Based on the polls, I would agree but the numbers are not sufficient to swing the result and we all know how unreliable polls are. I said, prior to 2014, that whoever wins must hit 60% to stop future challenges. I still believe that.

Because the losers won't respect the result?

That is your opinion.
It's not mine.
We move on.
I am fully aware of that. But the Scottish Government will carry out the result of the referendum and are the ones asking for it. Making it highly unlikely they will be ripped apart by being filled with No advocates a la the current Tory predicament.

Gies a shout if you need it in crayon bro

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That is your opinion.

It's not mine.

We move on.

Outwith the Greens and the near nonentities in RISE, who is the Yes campaign other than the SNP? Hasn't the new Yes website been launched by the SNP?

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes. There is a split about what currency to use.

Sturgeon has made strong claims about how bad a new currency would be if we push it at the start.

Now she has to persuade the rest of Scotland that a new currency early on is a good thing.

That is just one example.

The Yes side are split on all sorts of things.

There is no way this will be easy. Especially so if the vote is tight.

I'd expect the SNP to coalesce to a strategy that will have the best chance of bringing them success, ie. independence. They're not a bag of angry ferrets like the Tory Party. 

Edited by welshbairn

Outwith the Greens and the near nonentities in RISE, who is the Yes campaign other than the SNP? Hasn't the new Yes website been launched by the SNP?

Very much doubt the SNP are going to let coffee morning level campaigners near Yes Scotland this time.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

Because the losers won't respect the result?

I don't see much evidence of Yessers respecting the last result and that is how the majority of Scots will see it IMO.

You can argue Brexit changed things but that's a fig leaf. Even without Brexit, Sturgeon wants to press ahead.

If the result had been 60% for No, that would have killed this entire thing for decades.

Now we are looking like doing the whole thing again after just 5 years.

You can bet that if Yes wins with 55%, No will not leave it at that.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Who was the Yes campaign for 2014 then because I remember tons of people trying to persuade No voters that a vote for independence was NOT a vote for the SNP? Was that a lie?

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Very much doubt the SNP are going to let coffee morning level campaigners near Yes Scotland this time.

That would be disastrous for them if they did that.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I'd expect the SNP to coalesce to a strategy that will have the best chance of bringing them success, ie. independence. They're not a bag of angry ferrets like the Tory Party. 

I would agree with the ferrets bit, but again, if a vote for independence is perceived as a vote for the SNP then the game is over before it starts.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You can bet that if Yes wins with 55%, No will not leave it at that.

And if such a great day did dawn, what do you think No might be able to do about it - apart from move south of the border?

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't see much evidence of Yessers respecting the last result 

Really? I'd say the last result has been entirely respected. 

1 hour ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Facts not suiting your agenda? Unlucky.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Gies a shout if you need it in crayon bro

I have no problem discussing stuff guys but I'm a bit too old for all this teenage pish.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And if such a great day did dawn, what do you think No might be able to do about it - apart from move south of the border?

This is the reality of the matter. The moment the Yes vote is confirmed No are entirely and permanently defeated. The more sensible of them know this.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Switch their votes to the biggest Unionist parties - Tories or Labour, outvote a future minority SNP/Green government in Holyrood and force a re-run of the referendum. Remember that not all SNP voters want independence.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

Switch their votes to the biggest Unionist parties - Tories or Labour, outvote the SNP in Holyrood and force a re-run of the referendum. Remember that not all SNP voters want independence.

:lol:

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Switch their votes to the biggest Unionist parties - Tories or Labour, outvote the SNP in Holyrood and force a re-run of the referendum. Remember that not all SNP voters want independence.

:lol: :lol: