Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

580 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You're right it wasn't idiots it was shitebags.
Your response was based on my abject simpleton comment which had nothing exclusively to do with no voters. But you know that....

Your response was based on my abject simpleton comment which had nothing exclusively to do with no voters. But you know that....

Right sound. So you're on the doorstep and someone says they're undecided and believe the UK is a family of nations. At what point in the ensuing discussion do you break out the abject simpleton chat?

Right sound. So you're on the doorstep and someone says they're undecided and believe the UK is a family of nations. At what point in the ensuing discussion do you break out the abject simpleton chat?
*equal*

Conference voted to replace the pound with an independent currency, as soon as reasonably practicable.

That gets that one out the way

Shouldn't the post-Yes vote currency not actually be a referendum in it's own right?  Instead of going forward with an SNP policy, put it to the people and let them decide the way forward.  Even using a PR system of options like keeping the pound in a currency union, pound with no union, go to the Euro, immediate new currency etc.  Then you'd even get a list of the preferences going forward that could be used as back-ups should the first not go to plan. 
Definitely not. This is one for the 'experts' to decide.

I'd be reluctant to agree to anything apart from a Scottish Currency tied to nothing so it can be used effectively and without restrictions.

16 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Definitely not. This is one for the 'experts' to decide.

I'd be reluctant to agree to anything apart from a Scottish Currency tied to nothing so it can be used effectively and without restrictions.

Absolutely on the first part, and absolutely not on the second. 

Slovakia had an incredibly smooth split from Czechoslovakia and created their own currency in months, while sticking to the shared currency in the meantime. That's the sensible route.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Slovakia had an incredibly smooth split from Czechoslovakia and created their own currency in months, while sticking to the shared currency in the meantime. That's the sensible route.

An interesting interpretation of events. But it's about as realistic as your view of the Spanish elections.

6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

An interesting interpretation of events. But it's about as realistic as your view of the Spanish elections.

You give socratic questions and occasional monosyllabic answers, but never explain your views. What do you think about the Scottish currency question for instance? Or the Spanish elections come to that, but it's the wrong thread.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You give socratic questions and occasional monosyllabic answers, but never explain your views. What do you think about the Scottish currency question for instance? Or the Spanish elections come to that, but it's the wrong thread.

I can't get excited about the currency question. It's only a means of exchange after all. But I'd prefer one that's compatible with our EU membership so either our own or the Euro will be fine.

I don't have a view on the Spanish elections. I'm not a Spaniard.

6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

I can't get excited about the currency question. It's only a means of exchange after all. But I'd prefer one that's compatible with our EU membership so either our own or the Euro will be fine.

I don't have a view on the Spanish elections. I'm not a Spaniard.

Well said on both. My only difference is that aligning with the pound for a short time might make the transition simpler.

Ok fine, *equal*. When do you call them a simpleton to win them in over?
I didn't, I explained the situation re representation in WM. Anyone who subsequently voted in 2014 for the sole reason they thought we were equal are abject simpletons

8 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Growing support for independence puts UK on edge

The future of the Union is in the balance, with 49 per cent of Scots intending to vote for independence, the first research undertaken since Nicola Sturgeon announced her plans for a second referendum has found.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/growing-support-for-independence-puts-uk-on-edge-tdl9m2hmh

I think we might just do it this time.

There's no doubt whatsoever in my mind if we hold in a referendum in the next year or eighteen months we'll definitely vote for independence.  Last time I, like all yes voters, knew it would be no.  This time it will definitely be yes.  But there's also no doubt the UK govt also know that, and definitely will not grant a section 30 order.  What happens after that is anyone's guess.  We would effectively be being held in the UK against our will at that point and our democracy being subverted by WM.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

There's no doubt whatsoever in my mind if we hold in a referendum in the next year or eighteen months we'll definitely vote for independence.  Last time I, like all yes voters, knew it would be no.  This time it will definitely be yes.  But there's also no doubt the UK govt also know that, and definitely will not grant a section 30 order.  What happens after that is anyone's guess.  We would effectively be being held in the UK against our will at that point and our democracy being subverted by WM.

I voted yes and thought it would be yes tbh.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I voted yes and thought it would be yes tbh.

I didn't.  I think if there was a currency union we'd have voted yes, and it was clearly a lie that they would refuse one.  They would have literally begged us for one within hours of a yes vote.  

12 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

So not all then.

I suppose not.  

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

You're right it wasn't idiots it was shitebags.

Will that attitude comfort you when another resounding No vote is registered because people like you have learned nothing from 2014?

Like it or not, Yes has haemorrhaged some voters who would now plump for No. Even without this loss you still need to findna way of convincing a significant 6 figure number to swap from No to Yes. There has been absolutely no significant or sustained shift in the polls to think any differently.

If you truly believe that maintaining this attitude of yours is the way to go then perhaps you should reconsider who the abject simpleton's really are.

Edited by oaksoft

Will that attitude comfort you when another resounding No vote is registered because people like you have learned nothing from 2014?
Like it or not, Yes has haemorrhaged some voters who would now plump for No. Even without this loss you still need to findna way of convincing a significant 6 figure number to swap from No to Yes. There has been absolutely no significant or sustained shift in the polls to think any differently.
If you truly believe that maintaining this attitude of yours is the way to go then perhaps you should reconsider who the abject simpleton's really are.
^ Tedious bore who never voted yes in 2014. To think I used to stick up for you... Sigh