Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

580 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before the campaign's even started, yes.  We started with 29 last time.
I'm not expecting a massive swing either way for the time being. If anything the Brexit shambles will mean people will want answers this time on currency, pensions, oil, trade,etc. I was somewhat ignorant last time around basing my yes vote on the fact if we win we will manage just fine and everything will be alright. The whole hard border scenario is something I never thought about.

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
42 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I'm not expecting a massive swing either way for the time being. If anything the Brexit shambles will mean people will want answers this time on currency, pensions, oil, trade,etc. I was somewhat ignorant last time around basing my yes vote on the fact if we win we will manage just fine and everything will be alright. The whole hard border scenario is something I never thought about.

What hard border scenario?

14 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
53 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Tibbermoresaint has already asked and I'm also curious: what hard border scenario?

Tibbermoresaint has already asked and I'm also curious: what hard border scenario?
What hard border scenario?
We vote to leave, we are not a member of the EU or UK. What happens with goods crossing the border with England. This may or may not happen but it is a possibility.

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

We vote to leave, we are not a member of the EU or UK. What happens with goods crossing the border with England. This may or may not happen but it is a possibility.

We'll be a member of the EU on independence day.

A vanishingly small one. The EU wants us and rUK will still want to trade with the EU. No matter what the ERG say.

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
10 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
We'll be a member of the EU on independence day.

Maybe

Undoubtedly. It's in the interests of no-one that we aren't in the EU.

Undoubtedly. It's in the interests of no-one that we aren't in the EU.

Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut. Still, membership of the EU in the aftermath of an independence vote is not automatic.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut.

The benefits to the Single Market are quite clear. The EU27 will want to export to us.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut. Still, membership of the EU in the aftermath of an independence vote is not automatic.

I hadn't realised that there wouldn't be a positive from EU membership or that the very high likelihood of membership, perhaps 99% likely, is not automatic.

That's me done with indyref2, this level of crippling doubt has totally scunnered me. 

Shouldn't the post-Yes vote currency not actually be a referendum in it's own right?  Instead of going forward with an SNP policy, put it to the people and let them decide the way forward.  Even using a PR system of options like keeping the pound in a currency union, pound with no union, go to the Euro, immediate new currency etc.  Then you'd even get a list of the preferences going forward that could be used as back-ups should the first not go to plan. 

Converted a few to yes last time. Why?

Fair enough then. I was asking because you were calling folk still thinking about voting no idiots earlier and having chapped doors myself I haven't found that approach wins many people over.

Fair enough then. I was asking because you were calling folk still thinking about voting no idiots earlier and having chapped doors myself I haven't found that approach wins many people over.
No I wasn't. Please read the posts again.