Jump to content
Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

580 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Before the campaign's even started, yes.  We started with 29 last time.
I'm not expecting a massive swing either way for the time being. If anything the Brexit shambles will mean people will want answers this time on currency, pensions, oil, trade,etc. I was somewhat ignorant last time around basing my yes vote on the fact if we win we will manage just fine and everything will be alright. The whole hard border scenario is something I never thought about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
42 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
Before the campaign's even started, yes.  We started with 29 last time.

I'm not expecting a massive swing either way for the time being. If anything the Brexit shambles will mean people will want answers this time on currency, pensions, oil, trade,etc. I was somewhat ignorant last time around basing my yes vote on the fact if we win we will manage just fine and everything will be alright. The whole hard border scenario is something I never thought about.

What hard border scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
53 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
Before the campaign's even started, yes.  We started with 29 last time.

I'm not expecting a massive swing either way for the time being. If anything the Brexit shambles will mean people will want answers this time on currency, pensions, oil, trade,etc. I was somewhat ignorant last time around basing my yes vote on the fact if we win we will manage just fine and everything will be alright. The whole hard border scenario is something I never thought about.

Tibbermoresaint has already asked and I'm also curious: what hard border scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tibbermoresaint has already asked and I'm also curious: what hard border scenario?
What hard border scenario?
We vote to leave, we are not a member of the EU or UK. What happens with goods crossing the border with England. This may or may not happen but it is a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

We vote to leave, we are not a member of the EU or UK. What happens with goods crossing the border with England. This may or may not happen but it is a possibility.

We'll be a member of the EU on independence day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We vote to leave, we are not a member of the EU or UK. What happens with goods crossing the border with England. This may or may not happen but it is a possibility.
A vanishingly small one. The EU wants us and rUK will still want to trade with the EU. No matter what the ERG say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
10 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
We'll be a member of the EU on independence day.

Maybe

Undoubtedly. It's in the interests of no-one that we aren't in the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Undoubtedly. It's in the interests of no-one that we aren't in the EU.


Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut. Still, membership of the EU in the aftermath of an independence vote is not automatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

 


Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut.
 

 

The benefits to the Single Market are quite clear. The EU27 will want to export to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

 


Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut. Still, membership of the EU in the aftermath of an independence vote is not automatic.
 

 

I hadn't realised that there wouldn't be a positive from EU membership or that the very high likelihood of membership, perhaps 99% likely, is not automatic.

That's me done with indyref2, this level of crippling doubt has totally scunnered me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't the post-Yes vote currency not actually be a referendum in it's own right?  Instead of going forward with an SNP policy, put it to the people and let them decide the way forward.  Even using a PR system of options like keeping the pound in a currency union, pound with no union, go to the Euro, immediate new currency etc.  Then you'd even get a list of the preferences going forward that could be used as back-ups should the first not go to plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Converted a few to yes last time. Why?

Fair enough then. I was asking because you were calling folk still thinking about voting no idiots earlier and having chapped doors myself I haven't found that approach wins many people over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough then. I was asking because you were calling folk still thinking about voting no idiots earlier and having chapped doors myself I haven't found that approach wins many people over.
No I wasn't. Please read the posts again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...