Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

570 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should the UK leave the EU it will do so with a trade deal, this means we can have frictionless trade, the EU will be the bigger partner in this trade deal so the terms would be favourable to Scotland.

That's the best one so far imo.

No but will be on less favourable terms for the UK than right now.  We have a choice of being in the club with the great deal or in the club with the shit deal.

Aye I think this is the line they should take.

12 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

What is your single sentence counter to "Scotland trades more with rUK than the EU?"

The UK doesn’t and won’t only ever trade with countries it owns.

A Brexit potentially 3x as impactful as 2008 is not my idea of Ireland doing fine.
Mixu, you're a good poster and better than that. You need to understand Ireland's economy in 2008, It was sewn up in property. Ireland will be perfectly fine charting its own route.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

A Brexit potentially 3x as impactful as 2008 is not my idea of Ireland doing fine.

Mixu, you're a good poster and better than that. You need to understand Ireland's economy in 2008, It was sewn up in property. Ireland will be perfectly fine charting its own route.

Ireland is booming right now with businesses relocating from London to Dublin because of brexit.

I'm just stress testing your points as they'll be the kinds of things undecideds will worry about. You're trying to convince the more risk averse part of the population more than ever this time.

Brexit damaging your economy doesn’t strike me as a good reason to remain in union with the people that caused it. We have to stay with them or they’ll punish us is no state of affairs to be in by choice.

8 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

What would you have Ireland do?

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

What is your single sentence counter to "Scotland trades more with rUK than the EU?"

Scotland is the rUK's second-largest export market. It is in the interests of neither party for there to be obstacles to this trade.

That's the best one so far imo.

Within the EU we will have an equal voice on matters and be viewed as equal partners by Spain, France and Germany, whereas we are derided and taken advantage of by the UK imo. It seems like a no brainer, go where you are wanted rather than go where you are abused.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Brexit damaging your economy doesn’t strike me as a good reason to remain in union with the people that caused it. We have to stay with them or they’ll punish us is no state of affairs to be in by choice.

Amazingly, the UK nats’ best (only?) argument now seems to be, “you’d better live with the shit-stained mess we’ve created because governing yourselves would be even smellier”. How the mighty have fallen.

Totally agree. The challenge is using snappy messages to get that kind of thinking into the heads of folk who are more scared of the unknown than circling the drain attached to the UK.

Amazingly, the UK nats’ best (only?) argument now seems to be, “you’d better live with the shit-stained mess we’ve created because governing yourselves would be even smellier”. How the mighty have fallen.

The awful thing is that remains a powerful message to the people we need to change their vote.

Scotland is the rUK's second-largest export market. It is in the interests of neither party for there to be obstacles to this trade.

I like this one too but prefer the "be in the bigger club" one as it steals the "seat at the top table" line from BT. I'm all for parking tanks on their lawn this time, we were farrrr too reactive last time.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The awful thing is that remains a powerful message to the people we need to change their vote.

It would help if pro-independence politicians publicly called out UK politicians for admitting that the UK is failing as a state whenever they even tacitly acknowledge that Brexit is a disaster (even if they only do it to disparage Scotland’s future viability). Similarly, those who still claim Brexit is a great opportunity need to be called out for denying Scotland the opportunities of freedom from political union.

Basically, the UK nats are currently leaving themselves wide open and independence supporters need to take advantage of their hypocrisy and double-think. 

Edited by Antlion

I'm just stress testing your points as they'll be the kinds of things undecideds will worry about. You're trying to convince the more risk averse part of the population more than ever this time.
You mean the shitebags that will lap up everything the state owned media throw at them?

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Within the EU we will have an equal voice on matters and be viewed as equal partners by Spain, France and Germany, whereas we are derided and taken advantage of by the UK imo. It seems like a no brainer, go where you are wanted rather than go where you are abused.

Article 16 of the Treaty of the European Union quite clearly lays out the basis for voting that means we would not be an equal to any of the countries that you have listed.

Article 16 of the Treaty of the European Union quite clearly lays out the basis for voting that means we would not be an equal to any of the countries that you have listed.

Oh dear, we may not have same numbers of MEPs but we would have a veto on anything that doesn't suit. Currently we are at the mercy of England.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

Dribble.

Congratulations on googling things, but thats a swing and a miss.