When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wouldn't pay much attention to that poll, or any at the moment. 2 days before another poll had the Lib dems in the lead with an easy path to a remainy majority.

Not so sure about that. If you put the figures from that poll into Electoral Calculus, the three biggest parties at Westminster are still Labour, Libdems & Brexit. Two of these parties are still officially supporting leave (albeit one far more strongly than the other.)

I don't see where your remainy majority is coming from. 119 Libdems, 55 SNP, 4 Plaid & 1 Green only add up to 179. Where are the other 147 remain votes coming from?

Screenshot 2019-06-02 at 15.41.16.png

Edited by lichtgilphead

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

There was another poll that left Labour just short of a majority but enough if they went into coalition with the SNP and/ or the Lib Dems. Anyone making any concrete predictions at this juncture is at it. Even the pollsters haven't a fucking clue.

I'm not suggesting that the polls are correct. I'm only using them as examples as to why Oaksoft's view that there will be 5 strong parties is nonsense.

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Not so sure about that. If you put the figures from that poll into Electoral Calculus, the two biggest parties at Westminster are still Labour & Brexit. Both of these parties are still officially supporting leave (albeit one far more strongly than the other.)

I don't see where your remainy majority is coming from. 119 Libdems, 55 SNP, 4 Plaid & 1 Green only add up to 179. Where are the other 147 remain votes coming from?

Labour. They're hardly going to side with the Tories and Brexit Party.

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I'm not suggesting that the polls are correct. I'm only using them as examples as to why Oaksoft's view that there will be 5 strong parties is nonsense.

Your table above has 5 parties all with over 50 seats each, as he predicted. Even Oaksoft can't be wrong all the time.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Your table above has 5 parties all with over 50 seats each, as he predicted. Even Oaksoft can't be wrong all the time.

Yes, there are 5 parties with over 50 seats. I wouldn't say that they are all in a strong position though.

The SNP won't be part of any coalition government apart from in 1 extremely unlikely scenario (Labour 50 short of a minority & not enough LibDems to put them over 326)

Far more likely that we get another 5 years of right-wing government with a disastrous No-deal Brexit.

Whoop-de-f*cking-do.

If a party who proudly have no policies (that they're willing to publicly admit to) can get 22% of the vote share, democracy's about done here. Stick up a computer-generated cartoon character to insult everyone and be done with it.

I mind thinking that Black Mirror episode was insultingly dismissive of the populace too.

If a party who proudly have no policies (that they're willing to publicly admit to) can get 22% of the vote share, democracy's about done here. Stick up a computer-generated cartoon character to insult everyone and be done with it.
I mind thinking that Black Mirror episode was insultingly dismissive of the populace too.
It's a simple case of stubbornness, and surely easy to understand.

A lot of people (especially leave voters but a surprising number of remain voters too) believe that the referendum result should be carried out.

Even if it leads to economic damage, they want the government to follow through on the result - and no doubt the country would survive. These people also see the absolute clusterfuck that's been made of negotiations, and would rather we just left (ala farage & co) than anything else.

On 03/06/2019 at 20:33, Baxter Parp said:

"Fourth, nor can you run the tax system of the economy without control of its currency, its interest rates and its central bank."

Spot on! Presumably, he would rule out an independent Scotland using the Pound or joining the Eurozone. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Misinformation in all the media bar the National, presumably?

Criticise the National all you want, but you won't see that in any other paper, and several will repeat the same old lie about Spain in the event of indyref2.  We do not have a media in this country, when it comes to Scotland and independence we have pure propaganda pumped into our country from another country through every medium every day.