When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

He obviously won't get it and you have to wonder why he has thrown has hat into the ring.

Is it a wind up by him when nobody is really in the mood for jokes? Does he genuinely think he will be considered?  A PR stunt?  

He's taking some real flack on social media over this, so for whatever reason he's doing it I hope it's worth it for him. 

That seems a strange thing for Wishart to do. His blog of this reads like a CV but for a vacancy that doesn't exist. The blog sets out 10 points of things he sees as being necessary to reform HoC and make it fit for the 21st C.

I wonder if it is a wind up but meant to highlight how out of touch Westminster is and get discussion going? It will also keep his profile high if indeed a GE is approaching. 

Still, it seems a very odd thing to do.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

This is the strongest signal yet that a GE is coming, Pete's remembered his majority is 21 votes:

It was a wind up. He isn't putting forward any manifesto to become the next speaker. He just thinks the current one is an arsehole.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It was a wind up. He isn't putting forward any manifesto to become the next speaker. He just thinks the current one is an arsehole.

Sounds serious. Here's his manifesto. 

https://petewishart.wordpress.com/2019/05/01/the-speaker-of-the-house-of-commons/

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

What chance do you think he has? Do you honestly believe that he believes he has any chance of becoming the next speaker? It's a wind up.

You could be right, just noticed the banner on his twitter page. :lol:

image.thumb.png.a5c03fa68d74bd2fa8f6c824eea048e0.png

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You could be right, just noticed the banner on his twitter page. :lol:

image.thumb.png.a5c03fa68d74bd2fa8f6c824eea048e0.png

Pete isn't all bad. He has a reputation for being a bit of a wind up merchant. He'll use his failure to become the next speaker to highlight the monopoly/duopoly of British politics.

Scenes if he gets his keyboard out and starts banging out a bit of Runrig from the speakers chair to shut some Tory c**t up.

I like Pete, and if he didn't lose in 2017 with everything the Tories threw at that seat, he is quite simply is untouchable.

Murdo Fraser would be fucking raging if he was officially untouchable in his seat as Speaker. For this reason I fully want Mr Wishart to go for it

Wishart "Let's make this House fit for the 21st century as Scottish MPs prepare to leave for an independent Scotland."

Why don't we just let them get on with it themselves and you concentrate your energies in getting to f**k away from the place as soon as possible? 

Just now, Colkitto said:

Wishart "Let's make this House fit for the 21st century as Scottish MPs prepare to leave for an independent Scotland."

Why don't we just let them get on with it themselves and you concentrate your energies in getting to f**k away from the place as soon as possible? 

You don't get it. He has no interest in improving the House of Commons. He's just trying to make it look like he does, knowing full well that nothing he tries will work. It gives him some more anti-westminster headlines to stick in the paper. It's all about building continued support for independence.

33 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

You don't get it. He has no interest in improving the House of Commons. He's just trying to make it look like he does, knowing full well that nothing he tries will work. It gives him some more anti-westminster headlines to stick in the paper. It's all about building continued support for independence.

I don't seem to be the only one who doesn't get it. I'll give him the benefit for now and see how it plays out...…..

19 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I don't seem to be the only one who doesn't get it. I'll give him the benefit for now and see how it plays out...…..

It can only play out one way. He fails to become speaker by quite some margin then uses it as a grievance against the UK political system. That's all this is.

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

It can only play out one way. He fails to become speaker by quite some margin then uses it as a grievance against the UK political system. That's all this is.

Have to be honest he didn't come across well in the news interviews just there. Still seems like a massive blunder to me. And I actually hope I'm wrong about it

41 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

The Gnats love the Westminster gravy train........hypocrites emoji636.png

You think that the English Parliament is a gravy train? It must take some amount of cognitive dissonance to believe that and still desperately want to be governed by it. 

10 minutes ago, philyerboots said:

58461131_1226846387491883_309312472232230912_n.jpg

Joke construction is pretty poor here, Phil. You see, in order for this to work our sympathies have to lie with our Unionist protagonist, ostensibly filling his bowl, we're supposed to nod along with his sarcastic wit as he demonstrates how untrustworthy our Government is by measuring the time it'd take him to trust it in a task that cannot be finished.  Problem is, Phil, that it's manifestly not a bowl. It's a sieve, Phil, and instead we're invited to laugh at someone who on a regular basis, scolds his lap with hot soup because he's too thick to realise it's a sieve and not a bowl. If you'd just written 'Fill this sieve up' then it'd have worked a bit better.

That and the almost criminal capitalisation of every word.

You, a unionist: This bowl can never fill!
Me: a hairy chested, dazzlingly handsome nationalist: Give me an hour or two while I make ice cubes.
Fair enough. Id have filled it with frozen peas immediately then punched Phil in the neck.

To each their own.