When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Might vote yes now because I'm petty and they fucked up my name.

IMG_1489418397.925729.jpg

I'm sure the full power of the UK government won't be getting involved to back up the No side of course.

It's only been a few hours and I'm pretty bored of it all already :lol:

49 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

His point is valid - I stated I was a soft 'No' on here and was rather quickly called a shitebag (or something like that I can't be arsed going back to check)

It's certainly not an effective method of convincing people to vote your way.

Sure; there are undeniably fringe elements to the 'Yes' vote that will engage in this manner both on here and elsewhere online. That is not the same, however, as alleging that a majority of pro-independence voters on here behave as such; this was the primary contention that I was rebutting - because it is demonstrably ridiculous, hyperbolic and there is precisely no evidence for its confirmation. 

For what it is worth, whilst I am now committed to independence, I also started as a soft 'No' voter. So I am well placed to understand why that sort of language is not always constructive and should be, wherever possible, avoided and ignored. However, as somebody who has experience of supporting both sides of the debate both online and offline, there does appear to be a seemingly prevalent idea that such conduct is the sole reserve of 'Yes' supporters. In my experience, and this is admittedly purely anecdotal, I would suggest that the 'No' side is just as capable - if not more so - of behaving in a vitriolic and acrimonious manner both online and offline towards its opponents. 

Regardless of this, however, the best possible solution is for people to rise above and ignore it whenever and wherever possible. That is certainly preferable to the howling and faux outrage we became accustomed to in the last referendum. 

:lol: 

I guarantee this sort of crap will be spread and briefed to press for a while. The opposition are desperate to bring Salmond into everything to distract from Sturgeon being a very well liked figure across the board.

The fact is that the top of the party answer to Sturgeon and she's not going to be forced into doing things she doesn't want when she holds the sort of control that she has.

Not able to put up a link just now but the Daily Mail comments section is absolute heads gone material...somebody asking why Scotland would want to be like Sweden where WOMEN AREN'T EVEN SAFE AT SWIMMING BATHS FFS!!

Rool Britannia, wee Jimmy Crankie is a dictator etc etc

What frustrates me about the likes of Davidson, Dugdale and Rennie is that for all the push the idea of the SNP having one agenda which takes precedence over Scotland's well-being, they are exactly the same. Do none of them stop for even a minute and consider whether leaving the UK and remaining in the EU might not be better for Scotland overall? Don't they ask themselves why it might not be in Scotland's interests to have no say over absolutely anything? All politics is bollocks.

Big problems to address:

1. Currency

2. Referendum fatigue

3. Implacable No voting intentions of the demographic most likely to turn out- pensioners.

Crack even 2 out of those 3 and the vote can be different this time around. Hope there's goign to be hard, well reasoned info on currency. Someone wisely said that you don't win a referendum on dreams.

6 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Fook me this is even mare desperate than the last time,salmond pushed her into it...what a load of shite,desperate stuff from the british n.korean like state media!!

Oils at a 3 month low also,out of the europe and like greece so far