When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, lets play this one out.
Fast forward to summer 2019.
Scotland votes No again, to leaving the UK.
The possibility of a United Ireland remains distant because of a nervous reluctance from the Irish government to even consider the question.

How will you fill your days then Bob? Think I'll probably have sacked P&B before then, the level of wailing, tears and snotters on here is going to be f*ckin unbearable!

[emoji23]

Mate.

There'll always be an Indy Ref 3 to look forward to.

You really just don't get this do you????

It's inevitable.

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

It was Sturgeon herself who said she'd ask the UK government for permission. Think you're getting a tad wound up on wording, here...

There is a difference between legal authority and moral authority, which I think is what GD was alluding to.

Whether May was the 'moral' authority or not is a subjective question. There's little doubt that denying a 2nd ref would be a bit of a boon for independence in the medium to long term.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji23.png

Mate.

There'll always be an Indy Ref 3 to look forward to.

You really just don't get this do you????

It's inevitable.

Was having a similar conversation with a Rangers supporting yoon a while ago, told him "We only have to win once, you have to win every time". It took his head about 1.4 seconds to leave Earth's atmosphere.

There is a difference between legal authority and moral authority, which I think is what GD was alluding to.
Whether May was the 'moral' authority or not is a subjective question. There's little doubt that denying a 2nd ref would be a bit of a boon for independence in the medium to long term.

I totally agree. I don't agree with the referendum and will likely vote No (or whatever the hell the wording will be) but I don't deny the SNP have a right to call one. The situation has indeed changed dramatically since 2014.

Was having a similar conversation with a Rangers supporting yoon a while ago, told him "We only have to win once, you have to win every time". It took his head about 1.4 seconds to leave Earth's atmosphere.

As the world war older types die out Scots will slowly start to see how much the Union does not make sense.

The only people left arguing the case will be the offspring of people like Rob who've been brought up surrounded by all the shite he revels in.

Modern day dinosaurs.

16 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Me too.

I currently reside in a brexit stronghold. It's unpleasant.

I have been unable to get ANYONE here to give me a reasoned argument as to why leaving the EU would be a good thing, just the usual shite about control, straight bananas and foreigners taking all the jobs.

Strangely enough, they also don't understand why Scotland should want to leave the UK. You would have thought they could see the parallel.

eta any references to parallel bananas will be studiously ignored

Edited by cyderspaceman

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Ok, lets play this one out.
Fast forward to summer 2019.
Scotland votes No again, to leaving the UK.
The possibility of a United Ireland remains distant because of a nervous reluctance from the Irish government to even consider the question.

How will you fill your days then Bob? Think I'll probably have sacked P&B before then, the level of wailing, tears and snotters on here is going to be f*ckin unbearable!

Just remove the uncertainty and sack it now. Nobody will miss your thick, bigoted posts anyway.

The fact that Alex Salmond is no longer leading the charge and is therefore in a position to troll the ever loving f**k out of the unionists is filling me with unimaginable glee. I expect utter #SCENES from the big man. Glorious.

7 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

At least bugger all would have been the status quo, we got worse than bugger all..............

I think it's shit or bust time. If we lose we will be under the Westminster parliament's thumb. We've already had 300 years of that so fck it, bring it on.

(apologies for using political language)

Correct, you can't always choose your fights and not everything is a cynical triangulation. If she genuinely believes that Scotland will be by far worse off outside of the EU, then she has to call it.

Sturgeon won't get one at all.

I will vote yes, and I hope Holyrood grant her the right to it, but May will deny it, Cameron had a massive lead and almost fucked it up, May can't afford to risk what with it being a 50% split.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Sturgeon won't get one at all.

I will vote yes, and I hope Holyrood grant her the right to it, but May will deny it, Cameron had a massive lead and almost fucked it up, May can't afford to risk what with it being a 50% split.

That's a scorched earth policy though. It buys time and not much else. Swapping the chance of losing now for the certainty of losing later.

7 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I currently reside in a brexit stronghold. It's unpleasant.

I have been unable to get ANYONE here to give me a reasoned argument as to why leaving the EU would be a good thing, just the usual shite about control, straight bananas and foreigners taking all the jobs.

Strangely enough, they also don't understand why Scotland should want to leave the UK. You would have thought they could see the parallel.

I live in a Remain island in a sea of Leave in England at the moment. I was down here for IR1, no way I'm missing IR2.

43 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It's all very well saying "here we go", "bring it on" etc but the ground work for all us Yes voters starts now. It's all very well debating on social media about which ones better - Scotland or Westminster - but if we just do that we'll end up with the same result. As Yes voters we are always going to be up against it. The majority of politicians are against us and most of the media are against us. We have to actively go out and change peoples opinions because they're only getting their news from these biased media outlets.

If we really want this we have to actually get out there and change people's minds.

This is about the only sensible post on the last 4 pages (it'll probably be 5 by the time I get this posted).

If I were still living in Scotland, and if I were a "No" voter I'd need better arguments than "shitebag", "Quisling", "craven",  "cap doffer" etc, which seems to be the mo of most of the posters on here. And not forgetting "seething", that'll really convince the waverers/fence sitters/don't knows and soft nos.