When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Didn’t they just give Scotland a referendum couple years ago? Tories are c***s obviously, but hardly totalitarian

If by a couple of years ago, you mean over 8 years ago. Then yes, they "gave" us a referendum, on their terms. Good to know we can have one when another country is feeling generous, not when our own country votes for a mandate that is committed to one.

11 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Didn’t they just give Scotland a referendum couple years ago? Tories are c***s obviously, but hardly totalitarian

It was 9 years ago, before the Unionist-caused Brexit and subsequent cost of living crisis.

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

If by a couple of years ago, you mean over 8 years ago. Then yes, they "gave" us a referendum, on their terms. Good to know we can have one when another country is feeling generous, not when our own country votes for a mandate that is committed to one.

8 years isn’t really that long time though. Having a referendum and then if the result don’t go their way demanding there be another one seems hardly democratic unless there is a reason to believe it was rigged. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It was 9 years ago, before the Unionist-caused Brexit and subsequent cost of living crisis.

Cost of living crisis is everywhere. I see no reason why independent Scotland would have been exempt from it.

And voters should have been aware Brexit was a possibility and not believe David Cameron.  

I am not against Scottish independence or anything like that. Quite the opposite. I can’t stand tories and if you guys can get another referendum god bless you. I just can’t see how it’s justifiable. 

Edited by thekorean

14 minutes ago, thekorean said:

8 years isn’t really that long time though. Having a referendum and then if the result don’t go their way demanding there be another one seems hardly democratic unless there is a reason to believe it was rigged. 

Well in a way, it was. Because had the rules of our referendum followed the same rules as the referendum that proceeded it in 2016, Scotland would have became an independent country. The different rules in both referendums ultimately influenced the different outcomes of both referendums.

1 hour ago, thekorean said:

I don’t recall there being a referendum on whether to be part of an anti-EU rogue state eight years ago (or ever). I remember voting to be part of an EU member state, but that’s it.

Edited by Antlion

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Having voted SNP on every ballot possible in my life, I now find myself looking elsewhere.

My main goal has always been independence, who can I vote for now to get that?

As depressing as it is, we have no option but to stay the course. Any other vote in the constituency could allow the Unionist parties in. Use your list vote how you please though - SNP, Greens or Alba Das. 

It's fucking depressing. 

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

I don’t recall there being a referendum on whether to be part of an anti-EU rogue state eight years ago (or ever). I remember voting to be part of an EU member state, but that’s it.

But Britain voted to leave. That’s democracy for you. In hind sight Scotland should have waited to see how it would play out before having a referendum.

5 minutes ago, thekorean said:

But Britain voted to leave. That’s democracy for you. In hind sight Scotland should have waited to see how it would play out before having a referendum.

But Brexit wasn't really being discussed. Certainly not at a very loud level.

1 hour ago, thekorean said:

Exactly - England and Wales produced an anti-EU state which we’ve never had a vote on membership of, and we are being forced to wait and see how Brexit Britain plays out before having a referendum. We don’t have a choice.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

But Brexit wasn't really being discussed. Certainly not at a very loud level.

Brexit wasn’t even a word. In 2014 we voted on membership of an EU member state. Any questions about whether that state would continue were dismissed - by the state itself - as scaremongering.

It’s 2023 and we’ve never had a vote on membership of the virulently anti-EU rogue state that the UK now is. And, curiously, the UK doesn’t seem keen on letting us vote on the wonderful independent state it’s created. It’s almost like it doesn’t trust us to endorse the newborn Brexit Britain. 

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

As depressing as it is, we have no option but to stay the course. Any other vote in the constituency could allow the Unionist parties in. Use your list vote how you please though - SNP, Greens or Alba Das. 

It's fucking depressing. 

Not half as depressing as - after all the lies, cheating, cover-ups, half-truths, deception, incompetence, troughing, sleaze and mendacity - you recommending people to vote SNP.

Aside from all their shenanigans, they've put Indy on life support yet you still encourage others to vote for them.