When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually know one lassie who left the SNP to join the Communists because the commies are officially 'gender critical'. I would have thought motivation for joining the Communist Party would stem from actually believing in communism, rather than being consumed by petty culture wars shite, but there you go. 

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I actually know one lassie who left the SNP to join the Communists because the commies are officially 'gender critical'. I would have thought motivation for joining the Communist Party would stem from actually believing in communism, rather than being consumed by petty culture wars shite, but there you go. 

What about those who joined the tories to "get brexit done"? I'm sure not all of them were free market radicals with hedgefunds.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Wrong thread I guess, but I do find it interesting to see which parties/ends of the political spectrum feel the need to adopt a position on this, and which way they choose to jump. Did any of the Glorious Architects of the Worker's Revolution have a lot to say about genitals?

With relation to independence, it reminds me of Labour and the Lib Dems going full-bore on Unionism. Surely they'd have been better off adopting a "whatever the members/electorate seem to want" approach, considering being attached to England should hardly be central to their stated aims.

(I guess the Lib Dems know they're the temporary protest party of dissatisfied Conservative & Unionist Party voters, but Labour should have no excuse)

47 minutes ago, BFTD said:

With relation to independence, it reminds me of Labour and the Lib Dems going full-bore on Unionism. Surely they'd have been better off adopting a "whatever the members/electorate seem to want" approach, considering being attached to England should hardly be central to their stated aims.

(I guess the Lib Dems know they're the temporary protest party of dissatisfied Conservative & Unionist Party voters, but Labour should have no excuse)

Post-independence referendum there was probably quite a big gap in the market for a Devo-to-the-Max!!! party.  If the LibDems or especially Labour had gone for this (especially if it was involving a major rebrand) then they might've gotten a lot of traction.  Way too late now though.

Edited by Highland Capital

On 08/03/2023 at 21:30, Highland Capital said:

Was just talking to someone there about the last referendum and the question came up about any conservatives (both big and small c) who supported Yes.  I remember Peter de Vink the former councillor in Midlothian campaigned for independence and had the largest Yes sign in Scotland on his land or something.  He was expelled from the Tories and dropped as a candidate because of his stance despite fundraising for them since the 70s. 

Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh was another former Tory but she'd left the party years before by the time of the referendum.

Were there any others?

FFS ( and I’ll be corrrected on the detail no doubt) but Tasmina AS, after her long established legal firm went bust, has stood for (I think, in order) The Lib-dems, Labour, Con, SNP and Alba. A more shameless grifter you could not meet. 

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

FFS ( and I’ll be corrrected on the detail no doubt) but Tasmina AS, after her long established legal firm went bust, has stood for (I think, in order) The Lib-dems, Labour, Con, SNP and Alba. A more shameless grifter you could not meet. 

George Kerevan has been in 6 political parties.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

George Kerevan has been in 6 political parties.

Kerevan’s relevance to my post I don’t understand but a quick google says he was Labour/SNP/Alba.  Hardly a big ideological stretch post 2010.

What’s your point caller? 

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

She's had more colours than Mo Johnston.

She changes her colours that often that it's unsurprising they call her 'the chameleon'

Ex0gz5dWUAYWNGJ.jpg

Ah, the days when the Scottish Conservative & Unionist party bumph featured more policies than "No to Sturgeon" scribbled a dozen times in crayon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can we restart the poll.? Almost 70% where wrong. The Tories played their part admirably and fucked up the UK. Labour are just offering more of the same. The SNP have stepped in and made sure it's a once in a generation referendum.

On 11/03/2023 at 06:44, TapothehullDee said:

After 2030, if ever. And that's not after eight thirty at night. 

Which do you think will happen first, Scottish Independence or Dundee winning the Scottish Cup again?

43 minutes ago, thisal said:

Can we restart the poll.? Almost 70% where wrong. The Tories played their part admirably and fucked up the UK. Labour are just offering more of the same. The SNP have stepped in and made sure it's a once in a generation referendum.

No, I want those of us who predicted after 2030 to continue to gloat.