When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll never get folk who think wearing tacky clothes covered in a flag demonstrates their patriotism.

This kind of shit. If your flag smells like crotch sweat and farts by the end of the day, I'm thinking you've not treated it very respectfully.

guns-and-bikinis-america.gif

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Only here to see the flegs 😀

Good to see you back on deflection, and not answering the questions.

You want to cut 20% from the police and fire budgets.  How are you doing that, and what do you think the impact would be?

51 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

You want to cut 20% from the police and fire budgets.  How are you doing that, and what do you think the impact would be?

Think you will find that the Justice portfolio is somewhat broader than fire and police. Notice that you omitted the Rural and Islands budget though.

I know that it's only me who has to 'provide' answers, but can you provide your clearly owned spreadsheet of the entire budget commitments and from there I will choose 750 million.

At the same time was Humza Yousaf telling the truth when he said there was, and I quote, 'zip, nada, nothing' left, and then 3 days later 'found' £550 million from.the budget to offer health care workers?

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Health and social care £18 billion
Social justice, housing and local government £16.8 billion
Finance and economy £18.2 billion
Net Zero, energy and transport £14.4 billion
Education and skills £4.1 billion
Justice and veterans £3.1 billion
Rural affairs and islands £1 billion
Constitution, external affairs and culture £400 million
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service £200 million
Deputy First Minister and COVID recovery £40 million

Table 1 - Figures are rounded*

** The Scottish Budget also includes funding for the Scottish Parliament and for Audit Scotland, which total around £100 million.

Contact

Email: ScottishBudget@gov.scot

Was this helpful?
Yes
No
Yes, but

From the Scot govts own site...
So from that I would trim 

£50 million from Rural Affairs/Islands (5%)

£50 million from Finance and Economy (1%)

£200 million from Justice and Veterans (7%)

£200 million from Net Zero, Energy and Transport (1%)

£250 million from Health and Social Care would go to the Nurses fund. (1%)

From that nurses would receive a 10% pay increase across the board, with most budget areas keeping between 95-100% of their spend, and Justice and Veterans would get an uplift next year.
Edited by Jedi

And in order to settle the teachers pay dispute, (£300 million in total), you could take 0.8% from the Social Justice and Local Government and a futher 1% from Net Zero.

Again, budgets elsewhere would still be receiving just under 100% of already allocated funding commitments.

The question is: are our nurses, health care workers and teachers worth a 1% reduction from one or two other budgets or not? 

The government's position  is that they aren't 

Edited by Jedi

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Would have thought that health care and how it is run/can be run in future is somewhat relevant to Independece..anyway..

I am proud to live in a country (Scotland) which is sector leading in health, education, the environment, social care, transport, and it's economic management.

Not so proud of the burning hatred towards anyone living in Scotland who doesnt wish to worship at the court of the Sturg..and I do mean worship.  

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

An Independent Scotland Under the SNP would be a sinister place for the half of the country not worshipping the Sturg.

The govt would become like a state religion, with 'undesireables' any opposing or criticising govt policy hounded...its all about division and a xenophobia towards dissenters...whether that dissent is over the NHS, Education, public services, the GRA, doesn't matter..its about shutting dissent and 'other' voices down...and in an Independent SNP country it would only get worse 

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

'Democracy in an Independent Scotland' 😁

The Sturg will maintain an iron grip of control in an Independent Scotland 'ushered in' by the SNP...wouldn't be surprised to see busts on street corners and large banners with the 'dear leader' on them in fact.

The idea of 'opposition' in an SNP ushered Independence is a complete fantasy and a tool used to try and persuade waverers that they would have 'choice' post-Indy 

As said..it would be a climate whereby public criticism of the govt would be difficult..don't imagine any protest marches being passed etc

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

Hmm.. still not quite a state religion which the SNP now are/aspire to entrench though. What is repugnant is demonising half of your own population (Scotland) and taking a hard line against dissent from that 50% or so...stirring up an intense hatred of those who are 'outside' the faithful, and ensuring that in a post-Independent country that those who dissent will most certainly not be 'welcome'

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

Not quite..(I did laugh at that 😀), but when you have opposition who will be shouted down as quizlings/enemies of the state, just there to hold back the new dawn etc, don't think you will see anyone else in government for some time to come.

And we can have Humza getting folk to inform on their families and neighbours while pursuing 'thought crimes' to his hearts content.

I mean by this point you've clearly totally lost the head, which I find extremely funny.

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

And in order to settle the teachers pay dispute, (£300 million in total), you could take 0.8% from the Social Justice and Local Government and a futher 1% from Net Zero.

Again, budgets elsewhere would still be receiving just under 100% of already allocated funding commitments.

The question is: are our nurses, health care workers and teachers worth a 1% reduction from one or two other budgets or not? 

The government's position  is that they aren't 

However this pish is utterly fantastic. 

Teachers are employed by Local Government Authorities, so it should be interesting to see how binning hundreds of millions from their budgets would, uh, help them pay their employees a 10% rise. Also, most Councils are already monumentally skint so taking hundreds of millions off them will see quite a few in special measures and unable to perform core functions like, erm education and social care. 

I don't think anyone was taking you seriously anyway, but carry on giving us a wee laugh. 

40 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I mean by this point you've clearly totally lost the head, which I find extremely funny.

However this pish is utterly fantastic. 

Teachers are employed by Local Government Authorities, so it should be interesting to see how binning hundreds of millions from their budgets would, uh, help them pay their employees a 10% rise. Also, most Councils are already monumentally skint so taking hundreds of millions off them will see quite a few in special measures and unable to perform core functions like, erm education and social care. 

I don't think anyone was taking you seriously anyway, but carry on giving us a wee laugh. 

Hundreds of millions ( in this case 300 million) meaning perhaps a 0.8% reduction in spending elsewhere...'pish' though.

With Council Tax now finally able to increase dependening on Local govt decisions, are they still monumentally skint if they do so?

I appreciate that a 0.8% reduction elsewhere is not only 'pish' but also too much of a cut from any budget to reprioritise elsewhere.

And of course you are right...you should only take 'seriously' whatever the National and various forms of Nat Social media tell you to think, as they are 100% reliable.When you have a political 'party' which wants to be a state religion that will happen 

Edited by Jedi

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Hundreds of millions ( in this case 300 million) meaning perhaps a 0.8% reduction in spending elsewhere...'pish' though.

With Council Tax now finally able to increase dependening on Local govt decisions, are they still monumentally skint if they do so?

I appreciate that a 0.8% reduction elsewhere is not only 'pish' but also too much of a cut from any budget to reprioritise elsewhere.

And of course you are right...you should only take 'seriously' whatever the National and various forms of Nat Social media tell you to think, as they are 100% reliable.When you have a political 'party' which wants to be a state religion that will happen 

Jesus, this is H_B levels of paranoid drivel 😂

To put your pish in context though, my rural local authority have to cut £71million in three years to avoid probable special measures, or perhaps even insolvency. Putting up Council Tax will barely make a dent in that. You would know this if you weren't too busy howling at the moon and making a complete arse of yourself. 

See, it's all well and good mocking us for our religious beliefs, but non-believers will never understand the fundamental schism between Seventh Day MacEwanists and adherents to the Gospel of the Divine Salmond.

Personally, when I'm kneeling before my hand-carved stone clootie dumpling of an evening, it's the heretic Humza my prayers are addressed to. I've always been something of a radical.

14 hours ago, Jedi said:

Hmm.. still not quite a state religion which the SNP now are/aspire to entrench though. What is repugnant is demonising half of your own population (Scotland) and taking a hard line against dissent from that 50% or so...stirring up an intense hatred of those who are 'outside' the faithful, and ensuring that in a post-Independent country that those who dissent will most certainly not be 'welcome'

any pretence of reasoned debate:

garfield-waving.gif

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

From that nurses would receive a 10% pay increase across the board, with most budget areas keeping between 95-100% of their spend, and Justice and Veterans would get an uplift next year.

Still no actual detail on what you would cut.  7% from Justice and Veterans, but what does that mean?

Also, where is next years uplift for J&V coming from?  You know we have to keep paying the nurses at the higher rate?

22 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

any pretence of reasoned debate:

garfield-waving.gif

Yeah I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest he was maybe a bit pished, but I think the mask has fallen off completely. Little point in engaging with the daft wee troll any further. 

Have seen this type of thing before.

If a poster disagrees with the prevailing narrative on here, he is then rounded on by lots of people.

Answer each point individually?  Then you're accused of spamming.

Ignore some of the points for the reason above?  Expect to be accused of acting in bad faith with the likes of Welshbairn or BFTD speculating what other posters you may be.

Disagree often, because you actually think people are wrong?  You must be trolling!  #Contrarian

Admit to being wrong on a point?  Don't expect respect in return, but more abuse.

Respond to abuse?  Your abuse will be clamped down on, but not that of the mob, who are free to completely ignore the sticky, or in Day Of The Lord's case.. just told to change their username (Benjamin Nevis).

Good luck, Jedi.  You're doing well so far.

Edited by King Ian

12 minutes ago, King Ian said:

If a poster disagrees with the prevailing narrative on here, he is then rounded on by lots of people.

Ignore some of the points for the reason above?  Expect to be accused of acting in bad faith with the likes of Welshbairn or BFTD speculating what other posters you may be.

Disagree often, because you actually think people are wrong?  You must be trolling!  #Contrarian

Admit to being wrong on a point?  Don't expect respect in return, but more abuse.

Respond to abuse?  Your abuse will be clamped down on, but not that of the mob, who are free to completely ignore the sticky, or in Day Of The Lord's case.. just told to change their username (Benjamin Nevis).

How do you know about Day of the Lords?  You only joined on 15 December?

19 minutes ago, King Ian said:

😂

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

How do you know about Day of the Lords?  You only joined on 15 December?

Probably the 27th alias of some loser I've repeatedly rinsed on here. I do like the total baws about changing my username though. I got banned for a week in August as a direct result of "ignoring" the sticky (I was actually pished and didn't even notice it tbf) then got bored of my username so changed it about 2 months later thanks to the magnificence of platinum membership. 

Still, it's nice to know I have free rental accommodation in the heads of a couple of these trolling melts 😂