When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I knew the doctor in the article would be unveiled as a troll/Tory sock puppet/telling lies etc. Therefore his contribution to the debate about the NHS in Scotland is irrelevant.

In fact credit to the Scot govt for doing a sterling job against all the odds in Scotland despite all the restrictions they work under in finance and legislation. They are streets ahead of NHS England and NHS Wales, and we can look forward to seeing our national health and care services flourishing under the current administration, at the same time shouting down, and beating away any flies in the ointment like Tory doctors coming on the media and suggesting that they could be doing better. 

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I knew the doctor in the article would be unveiled as a troll/Tory sock puppet/telling lies etc. Therefore his contribution to the debate about the NHS in Scotland is irrelevant.

In fact credit to the Scot govt for doing a sterling job against all the odds in Scotland despite all the restrictions they work under in finance and legislation. They are streets ahead of NHS England and NHS Wales, and we can look forward to seeing our national health and care services flourishing under the current administration, at the same time shouting down, and beating away any flies in the ointment like Tory doctors coming on the media and suggesting that they could be doing better. 

White noise so you don’t have to answer the questions?  In case you missed them:

1. When did the Scottish budget become £70bn, and

2. What £750million are you “deprioritising”?

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

I cannot be bothered looking up the equivalent figures for Wales, but I assume that all these proposals have been put into place by NHS Cymru?

If not, can Jedi please explain why not?

Does NHS Wales sit down with other European nations to learn from what they do better than the UK? I have not idea, maybe they do/maybe they don't

Does NHS Wales properly fund their GP surgeries and better administer their waiting times in that regard? No idea/ maybe they do/maybe they don't.

Does NHS Wales properly pay their nurses? At the moment, it seems, no.

Does NHS Wales have a proper public information campaign around making better health choices? No idea/maybe they do/maybe they don't.

Ultimately, I don't know what the health service in Estonia, Italy, Montenegro, Serbia, Luxembourg, France or Norway do in comparison to Scotland either. Always pointing to 'other' countries not doing as well as the astonishing good health service we enjoy in Scotland, and indeed are privileged to live with,  will never move the debate on in Scotland.

To simply answer the question of how do we improve health care in Scotland, with 'Independence' though, and anyone who questions the sterling efforts of the current Scot govt in this area as being Tory mouthpieces/trolls, won't move things on either.

4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

White noise so you don’t have to answer the questions?  In case you missed them:

1. When did the Scottish budget become £70bn, and

2. What £750million are you “deprioritising”?

£56.5 billion this year (according the Scottish government's own figures...(I accept that they may well be doctored or lying though). https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-budget-2022-to-2023-your-scotland-your-finances-guide/

That of course is without the recent increase in Barnett consequential though which adds it up closer to 70 billion

Where do find the small proportion of 750 million from that? Taking a very small share of both Justice and Veterans, and Rural Affairs and Islands would find 750 million (imo). I know that in Yousaf's words there is zip nada nothing, not a penny more available though. 

Can you now answer how the Welsh Labour administration could and should be managing their NHS much better than they are?

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

£56.5 billion this year (according the Scottish government's own figures...(I accept that they may well be doctored or lying though). https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-budget-2022-to-2023-your-scotland-your-finances-guide/

That of course is without the recent increase in Barnett consequential though which adds it up closer to 70 billion

Where do find the small proportion of 750 million from that? Taking a very small share of both Justice and Veterans, and Rural Affairs and Islands would find 750 million (imo). I know that in Yousaf's words there is zip nada nothing, not a penny more available though. 

Can you now answer how the Welsh Labour administration could and should be managing their NHS much better than they are?

£13.5 billion of Barnett Consequentials?  Really?

Taking a “very small share” seems to be about 20% of the combined Justice & Veterans and Rural Affairs and Islands budgets.  What within those headings are you suggesting cutting / deprioritising.

As for Wales, surely they should cut in similar areas to those you are suggesting?

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You knew someone’s public political affiliations would be revealed on a politics forum? Genius. Good job you also know how to pretend he’s been called a “troll/sock puppet/liar” making “irrelevant” contributions, when no one has said any of this. Still, why let reality get in the way of a hyperbolic rant.

17 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Does NHS Wales sit down with other European nations to learn from what they do better than the UK? I have not idea, maybe they do/maybe they don't

Why would it, when it is neither funded nor run like those nations. Why you persist in trying to compare parts of the UK to independent nation states is beyond me.

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Ultimately, I don't know what the health service in Estonia, Italy, Montenegro, Serbia, Luxembourg, France or Norway do in comparison to Scotland either.

I didn't ask about Estonia, Italy, Montenegro, Serbia, Luxembourg, France or Norway. These are all independent countries with the ability to make their own choices regarding how to fund their own state healthcare systems. Scotland and Wales are both currently part of the UK and have to fund their own health services out of their devolved budgets.

Accordingly, it is relevant to ask you why Wales (under Labour) appear to be doing a worse job than Scotland (under the Snp). 

I am not suggesting that the Scottish Health Service is perfect, just pointing out that it appears to be more efficiently run than the equivalent services in England, Wales & NI. Until you accept this fact, and accept that Labour are failing Wales, I see no point in continuing this discussion.

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Why would it, when it is neither funded nor run like those nations. Why you persist in trying to compare parts of the UK to independent nation states is beyond me.

It's a tactic that is wearing a bit thin now. 

Maybe time for a new thread, especially for folk to express their disgust at a country that isn't independent not being able to act as if it was independent.

Maybe in the same thread they could list 1) the countries that have left direct British rule and are desperate to return (shouldn't be too hard - there's dozens of them to choose from - there MUST be at least one?) and 2) the countries that are presently under the yoke of EU tyranny and want to escape into the calm of British economic, political and social tranquility. 

38 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Does NHS Wales properly fund their GP surgeries and better administer their waiting times in that regard? No idea/ maybe they do/maybe they don't.

Does NHS Wales properly pay their nurses? At the moment, it seems, no.

Does NHS Wales have a proper public information campaign around making better health choices? No idea/maybe they do/maybe they don't.

Ultimately, I don't know what the health service in Estonia, Italy, Montenegro, Serbia, Luxembourg, France or Norway do in comparison to Scotland either. Always pointing to 'other' countries not doing as well as the astonishing good health service we enjoy in Scotland, and indeed are privileged to live with,  will never move the debate on in Scotland.

To simply answer the question of how do we improve health care in Scotland, with 'Independence' though, and anyone who questions the sterling efforts of the current Scot govt in this area as being Tory mouthpieces/trolls, won't move things on either.

You're the guy who regularly regurgitates Labour policy ideas, presumably in an attempt to draw attention to them and hope some folk might want to consider voting for them. It's therefore perfectly legitimate to ask you how you think an actual LABOUR administration in another devolved nation within the same union is doing compared to Scotland, and what you think it could be doing better. 

The fact that you are completely unable to do so, or can't be bothered because you know the answer probably isn't going to look too good means that we can helpfully file your nonsense in the same bin as your low-budget party political broadcasts. 

Would have thought that health care and how it is run/can be run in future is somewhat relevant to Independece..anyway..

I am proud to live in a country (Scotland) which is sector leading in health, education, the environment, social care, transport, and it's economic management.

Not so proud of the burning hatred towards anyone living in Scotland who doesnt wish to worship at the court of the Sturg..and I do mean worship.  

56 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Where does it state that Dr Kennedy is a Tory?

11 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I just noticed that the thread is called “When will indyref2 take place” and yet it’s been derailed into “SNP-run NHS bad” with a side helping of “stop talking about independence”. I wonder who was responsible for that…

Posts We Once Knew:

• "There will never be another referendum on independence"
  • "There is no support for independence in Scotland"
  • "Scotland will never vote for independence"
  • "I do not find Scottish Nationalists sexually attractive - here are some pictorial examples that I've saved"

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I am proud to live in a country (Scotland) which is sector leading in health, education, the environment, social care, transport, and it's economic management.

Thanks for the clarification - you might want to tell your dear leaders that Scotland is a country, as they seem to have trouble recognising anything other than the UK as one. They certainly don’t like treating it as one.

Have said it before and will say it again, when it comes to Independece the SNP ain't daft.

Maintain the fact through media channels that there is nothing they can do in govt in Scotland to effect any change/improvements without the full-levers, so that they can't be questioned on their record in govt. Meantime, point out how much worse Labour are in Wales and the Tories in England (where funnily enough in Wales the Assembly (not govt) does have responsibility for all mistakes 

Next up, maintain that standard of living post-Independence, what happens regarding education, health, benefits, the environment, social services etc is largely irrelevant...all that matters is they have full freedom to continue in govt and call all the shots. They don't have to answer any real questions on what an Independent country might look like, as becoming independent is the be all and end all in itself.They still can't be questioned on their record in a post-Independent country as it takes 'years' for that to settle down, get going...what is most important is waving our own fleg over our public buildings.

It's a strategy for Independence which will keep 40-45% onboard whatever the circumstances.So cudos to them for that.

Edited by Jedi

34 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Have said it before and will say it again, when it comes to Independece the SNP ain't daft.

Maintain the fact through media channels that there is nothing they can do in govt in Scotland to effect any change/improvements without the full-levers, so that they can't be questioned on their record in govt. Meantime, point out how much worse Labour are in Wales and the Tories in England (where funnily enough in Wales the Assembly (not govt) does have responsibility for all mistakes 

Next up, maintain that standard of living post-Independence, what happens regarding education, health, benefits, the environment, social services etc is largely irrelevant...all that matters is they have full freedom to continue in govt and call all the shots. They don't have to answer any real questions on what an Independent country might look like, as becoming independent is the be all and end all in itself.They still can't be questioned on their record in a post-Independent country as it takes 'years' for that to settle down, get going...what is most important is waving our own fleg over our public buildings.

It's a strategy for Independence which will keep 40-45% onboard whatever the circumstances.So cudos to them for that.

I suppose it beats Labour and the Tories’ plans for keeping a dependent Scotland in Brexit Britain, which thus far amount to denying democracy, screaming “SNP BAD” through every available media outlet, and making things worse for everyone under the guise of MaKiNg BrExIt WoRk.