Jump to content

When will indyref2 happen?


Colkitto

Indyref2  

788 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

At the vanguard of No this time seems to be "once in a generation", usually followed by some riff on 'I might be a few years older since the last one but..."

Just show where in any binding legal document on independence "once in a generation" is used (it isn't). If not, it was just political rhetoric used in a campaign, like that bus slogan and 'levelling up'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's used because the die hard yoons are scared as f**k that they'd lose this time round. Any excuse, any means. BBC already with scare tactics today with an article about the Clyde being shut down if we go indy ffs. Same old shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

At the vanguard of No this time seems to be "once in a generation", usually followed by some riff on 'I might be a few years older since the last one but..."

Just show where in any binding legal document on independence "once in a generation" is used (it isn't). If not, it was just political rhetoric used in a campaign, like that bus slogan and 'levelling up'.

Aye I remember back in 2009 Wendy Alexander giving it “bring it on” about holding an independence referendum 

Im pretty sure they thought it would be a cakewalk, with the question settled permanently with service returning to normal (Labour being top dogs in Scotland) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's a nothing burger

 

 

 

So Labour is in favour of banning second jobs for MPs too I’m assuming?  Haven’t seen that greatly publicised.

They could also talk to Labour controlled Sheffield Council regarding transparency and FOI requests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Aye I remember back in 2009 Wendy Alexander giving it “bring it on” about holding an independence referendum 

Im pretty sure they thought it would be a cakewalk, with the question settled permanently with service returning to normal (Labour being top dogs in Scotland) 

Ahh, the final wee push that shoved SLab over the precipice and into the full-on wilderness of the banter years. Placed under house-arrest within hours, kicked to the kerb for have the temerity to open her mouth without running it past Gordon in Downing Street, and replaced with the first in a never-ending revolving door of inept, nondescript leaders with nothing about them whatsoever.

We should really be grateful to her for all the laughs Gray, Lamont, Murphy, Dugdale, Leonard & Co have provided since. I had actually completely forgotten about Iain Gray and Richard Leonard, which really just sums the last 10+ years of Slab up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

 

We should really be grateful to her for all the laughs Gray, Lamont, Murphy, Dugdale, Leonard & Co have provided since. I had actually completely forgotten about Iain Gray and Richard Leonard, which really just sums the last 10+ years of Slab up.

D3697C24-2A46-43D5-B999-B4FFAA8D02EA.gif.ddb1a415d44d001eb5dd315df74994d5.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

 

We should really be grateful to her for all the laughs Gray, Lamont, Murphy, Dugdale, Leonard & Co have provided since. I had actually completely forgotten about Iain Gray and Richard Leonard, which really just sums the last 10+ years of Slab up.

Been a while since I saw these - thanks for the reminder.

2BE4C844-BAEE-4949-8258-19BA75837595.jpeg

BBF5B535-62BE-4325-A28D-E8B4B0D2F790.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Murphy was peak banter for me. The ginger-crate hustings, and being humiliated in front of Eddie Izzard by a guy on a bicycle with a megaphone, so much so that he ran off to the press to blubber and lie about 'hordes' of aggressive 'nationalists', despite 15 or so of the approx 20 people present being Slab staff and activists. 

His successors were bland and forgettable by comparison, but evidently that's of no benefit to Slab and only deprives Scots of a much needed source of mirth.

Bring back Jim Murphy! :angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Murphy was peak banter for me. The ginger-crate hustings, and being humiliated in front of Eddie Izzard by a guy on a bicycle with a megaphone, so much so that he ran off to the press to blubber and lie about 'hordes' of aggressive 'nationalists', despite 15 or so of the approx 20 people present being Slab staff and activists. 

His successors were bland and forgettable by comparison, but evidently that's of no benefit to Slab and only deprives Scots of a much needed source of mirth.

Bring back Jim Murphy! :angry:

I remember him not only for the shite he talked but for the creepy, faux-soft-voice he adopted when talking it. Christ, I can hear it now - it was like he was doing his best impression of Lorraine Kelly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Murphy was peak banter for me. The ginger-crate hustings, and being humiliated in front of Eddie Izzard by a guy on a bicycle with a megaphone, so much so that he ran off to the press to blubber and lie about 'hordes' of aggressive 'nationalists', despite 15 or so of the approx 20 people present being Slab staff and activists. 

His successors were bland and forgettable by comparison, but evidently that's of no benefit to Slab and only deprives Scots of a much needed source of mirth.

Bring back Jim Murphy! :angry:

jimmurphy2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

jimmurphy2.jpg

It's starting to come back to me. Was the boy on the bike no some complete loon who called himself 'Empire Biscuits' or something?

That's certainly a bigger crowd than Murphy was used to. I remember Reporting Scotland following him on the 'juice crate' campaign. There was a film of him stood on it gibbering shite through a megaphone, the camera panned around to reveal that he was proselytising to an audience of absolutely nobody whatsoever. Halcyon days.

Edited by Boo Khaki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...