When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

This image always comes in handy whenever this subject arises.

Polls.jpg

The polling was way out.

The big difference being that the final result doesn't include undecideds. 

Hence why polling is often shown with those stripped out. 

If you look at the Yes share of the vote alone, it pretty much nailed it with three of the last 4 having Yes on 45%

On 22/08/2022 at 15:15, SandyCromarty said:

We never ever had the backing of the Union.

Not that long ago Genocide was carried out here in the Highlands in the name of the westminster government and king, houses were burned to the ground, men women and children were murdered and many starved as their crops were burned and livestock stolen of slaughtered.

It's only in recent times that the Highlands have recovered from scraping an existence.

Thats the 'fuckin backing of the union' the Highlanders endured.

The Union backs us superbly.

Something that happened over 170 years ago. 

And Scotland's past is certainly not squeeky clean. 

Edited by Fletcher23

19 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Partition! now there's one from the past, look what england created with the partition of Pakistan and India, thousands upon thousands murdered and still hostilities to this day.

The Scottish people have not elected a tory government in 70 years

When will you brainwashed fools wake up

You have seriously said us Unionists are brainwashed 🙈

15 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

An English territory?  Your words, not mine.  I certainly don't see Scotland as such.

I don't mind if you call me a Tory - I don't see it as an insult.  If you don't like their policies then that's your perogative.

'The embarrassment for Scots'?  You don't speak for Scots.

Correct Durie, the Scottish nationalists do not speak for Scots as the snp doesn't. 

12 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Why would I?  It doesn’t affect my point either way and was just part of the campaign, like everything else.

OK, so we have two competing theories

Dhurie says thar every single idividual pollster got every single idividual poll wrong in favour of Yes, and makes the statistically ignorant mistake of attempting to compare results with "don't knows" included with "don't knows" excluded (which immediately discredits his figures). He then goes on to say that the infamous Vow didn't affect the final result as it was "just part of the campaign", even though it could't have affected any of the polls (except maybe the last 2?) but was cited by 3.4% of people polled after the event as the reason why they voted no.

I suggest that the polls were correct (within the stated margins of error, of course) and that the lies on the front of the Daily Record had the effect of increasing the Yoon majority from 52:48 to 55:45

Occam's Razor, Dhurie?

9 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

OK, so we have two competing theories

Dhurie says thar every single idividual pollster got every single idividual poll wrong in favour of Yes, and makes the statistically ignorant mistake of attempting to compare results with "don't knows" included with "don't knows" excluded (which immediately discredits his figures). He then goes on to say that the infamous Vow didn't affect the final result as it was "just part of the campaign", even though it could't have affected any of the polls (except maybe the last 2?) but was cited by 3.4% of people polled after the event as the reason why they voted no.

I suggest that the polls were correct (within the stated margins of error, of course) and that the lies on the front of the Daily Record had the effect of increasing the Yoon majority from 52:48 to 55:45

Occam's Razor, Dhurie?

Good evening buddy, lovely to see you in such fine fettle as always.

The polls were generous to Yes pre-18/09/14, as the image shows.  This is still the case when you strip out the undecideds.

This could have happened for a number of reasons, but it still happened, evidently.

It also means that unless the polling companies have changed their methodology, then it’s likely still the case, in my humble opinion.

I didn’t say The Vow affected the campaign or not.  Personally, I don’t think it did, but even if it did then so what?  The Vow was kept.  No doubt this’ll be another thing you’ll dispute.

It’s my firm opinion that the bloody awful Better Together campaign actually helped Yes in the long run, so I could just as well point to that.

At the end of the day, we voted and Britain won by 10.6% (we can round that up to 11%).  Those polls showed much smaller gaps, even when you take the undecideds out.

29 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Dhurie claims to be a Rangers supporter, but he missed 20 minutes of the PSV game to type that nonsense above 😄

The funniest line was "The vow was kept", IMO. He never fails to amuse.

Missed 20?  Incorrect.

I've never claimed to be a huge fan, but Rangers are my team.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

9 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Missed the first 20?  Incorrect.

I've never claimed to be a huge fan, but Rangers are my team.

Any other Rangers fans trolling on the politics forum instead of concentrating on their team? 

No? None?

Of course, they did let their club die, didn't they.

8 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Any other Rangers fans trolling on the politics forum instead of concentrating on their team? 

No? None?

Of course, they did let their club die, didn't they.

Rangers remaining the same club annoys a lot of people, which is a real shame.

I'm not trolling.  We just have different political opinions.  It happens.

If you wish to discuss the polling further, then give me a shout.  I won't be drawn into a slagging match though.

19 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

If you wish to discuss the polling further, then give me a shout.  I won't be drawn into a slagging match though.

Your posting ridiculous opinions & using statistics in meaningless ways doesn't really constitute a discussion. I've already demonstrated that your evidence doesn't stack up, so unless you plan on posting facts instead of opinion, I think we're done.

On 23/08/2022 at 14:43, SandyCromarty said:

Partition! now there's one from the past, look what england created with the partition of Pakistan and India, thousands upon thousands murdered and still hostilities to this day.

The Scottish people have not elected a tory government in 70 years

When will you brainwashed fools wake up

Now who is playing fast and loose with historical facts.  It wasn't England that partitioned India, that is just being silly.

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Your posting ridiculous opinions & using statistics in meaningless ways doesn't really constitute a discussion. I've already demonstrated that your evidence doesn't stack up, so unless you plan on posting facts instead of opinion, I think we're done.

If you don’t want to address my salient points, then I’m happy enough to be ‘done’.