When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

We weren't lied to about the EU. 

If we had voted for independence we would have been out of the EU. 

Scotland would quite obviously have joined the EU had it gained independence in 2014.  Scottish voters and the governing party are pro-EU.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Scotland would quite obviously have joined the EU had it gained independence in 2014.  Scottish voters and the governing party are pro-EU.

Just now, welshbairn said:

We would have been back in by 2018 at the latest.

That is speculation. No one actually knows that.

Scotland has a deficit of 23.8%, 36.3 billion pounds. 

16 hours ago, BFTD said:

Did you even read my post?

Yes I did read your post where you mention that the 65+ community would cheer Truss if she disbanded Holyrood and you continued with, 'We're still waiting for them to continue dying off, I'm afraid'

I take that post as being dismissive of the 65+ community who you seem to think are anti SNP. That's what it read as.

My reply, as an activist with family heavily involved in the Independence movement and the political side, was to highlight the fact that you are way off the mark as it may come as a surprise to you that there is in our country a large section of the 65+ community who actively and financially support the SNP.

The SNP have been around in it's present form since 1934 and the party have over 125,000 subscribing financially members from all sections of the Scottish populace.

9 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

That doesn’t detract from what the white paper said though?

The white paper said nothing about a No vote settling the issue for another generation, anyway it was a policy proposal, not a treaty.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think that’s up for debate.

Let’s face it, in 2014 both sides exaggerated their EU-related arguments for their own ends.

My opinion is that Scotland would have got in eventually, but it would have been a long drawn, complicated affair, and that huge austerity would have had to be inflicted on Scots to allow us to meet the criteria.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The white paper said nothing about a No vote settling the issue for another generation, anyway it was a policy proposal, not a treaty.

Do you think the time is right for another referendum with all that is happening just now?

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Yes I did read your post where you mention that the 65+ community would cheer Truss if she disbanded Holyrood and you continued with, 'We're still waiting for them to continue dying off, I'm afraid'

I take that post as being dismissive of the 65+ community who you seem to think are anti SNP. That's what it read as.

My reply, as an activist with family heavily involved in the Independence movement and the political side, was to highlight the fact that you are way off the mark as it may come as a surprise to you that there is in our country a large section of the 65+ community who actively and financially support the SNP.

The SNP have been around in it's present form since 1934 and the party have over 125,000 subscribing financially members from all sections of the Scottish populace.

I'm sorry, but you've massively misread me. Here's what I actually said:

19 hours ago, BFTD said:

There are a large number of people in the 65+ bracket who won't change their minds, even if the new Prime Minister dissolves Holyrood and moves to make Scotland a part of England. Some would cheer her on.

We're still waiting for them to continue dying off, I'm afraid.

...and I followed it up with:

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

I know; I'm just going by the demographic polling. You're heavily in the minority.

2 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

Do you think the time is right for another referendum with all that is happening just now?

More than ever, Westminster is leading us to economic disaster and international pariah status, time to bail out and find our own path. We were told just to wait till Covid was over as a crisis, there will always be another excuse to stall.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Good point about it not being a treaty, but it was still essentially what we were all voting on, so it still matters and can be casted up IMO.

We obviously both read the text differently, and I can’t see either of persuading the other 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

More than ever, Westminster is leading us to economic disaster and international pariah status, time to bail out and find our own path. We were told just to wait till Covid was over as a crisis, there will always be another excuse to stall.

Fair enough Welshbairn. I obvioulsy disagree with some of my reasons I put in another post.

I also think it would cause years of even worse austerity than we are in now. If brexit is bad splitting up the Union will be a lot harder and expensive imo. It is definitely not the time to put Scotland's people through all that. 

Rather than putting the Scottish people through the trauma of deciding things for ourselves, let's allow people we haven't voted for for 70 years impose economic sanctions, ignore, erode or circumvent the very limited decisions we are allowed to make while literally covering us all in shite. 

200 (4).gif

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Rather than putting the Scottish people through the trauma of deciding things for ourselves, let's allow people we haven't voted for for 70 years impose economic sanctions, ignore, erode or circumvent the very limited decisions we are allowed to make while literally covering us all in shite. 

200 (4).gif

Or put us through another divisive referendum when the country is recovering from covid, there is the fuel and energy costs, a war in the Ukraine, the nhs and education are not doing very well. 

And independence would mean years of worse austerity than we have now. 

No thank you. 

And we as a country do very well financially being part of the Union. 

5 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

Or put us through another divisive referendum when the country is recovering from covid, there is the fuel and energy costs, a war in the Ukraine, the nhs and education are not doing very well. 

And independence would mean years of worse austerity than we have now. 

No thank you. 

And we as a country do very well financially being part of the Union. 

You've just said "Scotland has a deficit of 23.8%, 36.3 billion pounds". 🤣