When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Big Rider said:

Eh? I typed Fact in block capitals with an exclamation mark. What more do you need, except my solemn promise that I've seen them with my own eyes?

Sorry. Just can’t resist shoe-horning that word into a sentence at the drop of a hat. I’ll take your word that Arlene’s footwear measure’s up on the staunch scale.

25 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/20680520.scurrilous-claim-snp-supporters-anti-english-must-challenged/

'THE recent minor protest by various groups at the Conservative and Unionist Party husting in Perth was exploited by some in the media to endorse scurrilous claims that supporters of the SNP, or more broadly independence, are “anti-English”. I am not a member of the SNP, but of course we could all reference minor protests to apparently give some credence, no matter how threadbare, to our arguments. I would not insult the majority of respectful supporters of “the Union” by claiming the BNP, or the trolls of Scotland in Union, represent them or their convictions.'

Are SNP supporters anti English as the Unionists media claim or are is this just an opportunity to bash all Scottish Independence supporters and lump them all into one basket just because of a few idiots?

Maybe its a bit like the claim that all Unionists are bigots, lumping them all in together as all the same?

There is a broad spectrum within opinions on Scottish Independence, but that tiny minority on both sides with polarised views and actions tend to be more active in expressing them to the world than regular folk, feeding the medias obsession in creating even more divide and mistrust.

Do Unionists really think SNP supporters are anti English?

Most reasonable Unionists wouldn't think so. It's only attention-seeking morons like Kincy, DAF, Glen Minter, Spongeheid etc that seem to genuinely believe this stuff. 

52 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/20680520.scurrilous-claim-snp-supporters-anti-english-must-challenged/

'THE recent minor protest by various groups at the Conservative and Unionist Party husting in Perth was exploited by some in the media to endorse scurrilous claims that supporters of the SNP, or more broadly independence, are “anti-English”. I am not a member of the SNP, but of course we could all reference minor protests to apparently give some credence, no matter how threadbare, to our arguments. I would not insult the majority of respectful supporters of “the Union” by claiming the BNP, or the trolls of Scotland in Union, represent them or their convictions.'

Are SNP supporters anti English as the Unionists media claim or are is this just an opportunity to bash all Scottish Independence supporters and lump them all into one basket just because of a few idiots?

Maybe its a bit like the claim that all Unionists are bigots, lumping them all in together as all the same?

There is a broad spectrum within opinions on Scottish Independence, but that tiny minority on both sides with polarised views and actions tend to be more active in expressing them to the world than regular folk, feeding the medias obsession in creating even more divide and mistrust.

Yes, in my personal experience.

'No, were anti-Tory'.  Usually shuts them up.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Some eejit will be along soon to claim that the protestors at the Manchester hustings were Scottish Nationalists as well. 

'Sturgeon paid for the minibuses to take then down!!!!!111!'

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Most of them? No, but they'd really, really like it to be true.

No doubt anti-Englishness is a thing that exists, but the nearest I've come to experiencing it was from a work colleague from Kent who was determined that Scots are terrible xenophobes towards English people. Her evidence was a single occasion where she'd been an outrageous c**t to some of her neighbours, and the word 'English' was included in the list of more legitimate insults thrown her way. Unacceptable, but not quite the massive pwn she seemed to think it was.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

All dot-warring aside, and I can see you’re still doing it 🙄, I don’t think supporting independence makes one anti-English, nor do I consider most Nats to be anti-English.

It’s always better to have reasonable discussion than to label people as anti-whatever, or accuse them of having the latest phobia or ‘ism’.

Quite amusing that a National sub-ed has Ruth and Arlene coming up to Scotland "to drum up support" for the Union. Not sure Arlene's presence at an OO march and an unelected Ruth, £300 a day sign in fee, during the huge increase in energy bills will have quite the effect they think. Mind you, if we could harness all the hot air they'll spout...

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

She probably had bias opinions on the subject before the interaction, she just needed confirmation to justify them.

If your opinion of a group of people is predicated entirely on an interaction with one of them, aye, probably fair to say there's something else behind it.

Like David Icke disliking the lizard people because Ted Heath threatened him. Give them a chance FFS.

On 20/08/2022 at 16:57, Duries Air Freshener said:

To be fair, I have a lot of respect for Kenneth as he stands up for what he believes in.

Much like close friends (and I’m not joking) of mine who take part in Republican ‘marches’ and genuinely attend the AUOB stuff, he actually believes in something.

He’s not yer average SNP nugget who has been attracted to the party because it’s pure ‘Scoatish’.  Anyway, enough about Kenneth 😃

I genuinely think he would win the mid wrestling contest.

Unless Trish Stratus was involved, in which case I’d bribe Vince.

@Fletcher23@Snafu thoughts?

Britain is a country in my eyes that I absolutely love.  I am proud to be British.