When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

783 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can any one, and in particular the Unionists, tell me what is the legal definition, in years, of "a generation"?

Are we talking Galapagos turtles or fruit flies.

As a Unionist I know people would love it if I was raging or losing the head and admittedly I might be if I was in anyway worried we would lose the argument but right now I'm comfortable and enjoying this false dawn. 
Let's skip this foreplay segment and get straight into the gritty detail which the SNP so far don't seem to want to do. 
They're good at throwing red meat and endorsing loonies but when it comes to the forthcoming debate they've produced nothing of value. We are still in the same 2014 debate position. After a decade you might have expected slightly more...
^Heeds gone

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can any one, and in particular the Unionists, tell me what is the legal definition, in years, of "a generation"?

In recent times it’s 15 years.

4E8FE7D9-7AF9-47FB-B8A4-D631FA7915DA.png

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nationalism is a suppurating pustule on the face of Scotland.

Would pay decent money to hear George Galloway say this.

29 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

As a Unionist I know people would love it if I was raging or losing the head and admittedly I might be if I was in anyway worried we would lose the argument but right now I'm comfortable and enjoying this false dawn. 

Let's skip this foreplay segment and get straight into the gritty detail which the SNP so far don't seem to want to do. 

They're good at throwing red meat and endorsing loonies but when it comes to the forthcoming debate they've produced nothing of value. We are still in the same 2014 debate position. After a decade you might have expected slightly more...

It differs greatly Albus. In 2014 they were building Scotland’s future on oil revenues. Now, only 8 years down the line, they can’t even bring themselves to mention the”O” word.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

It varies quite a bit. Bruce Forsyth did it for 11 years, but Larry Grayson only 4.

Scraping in the gen X category.  Feels like so much occurred between 1965 and 1980 culturally.  Whereas all that happened between 1981 and 1995 was Decent movies, Grunge and patience trying to masturbate over 33k modem speeds.

Edited by Lofarl

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

In recent times it’s 15 years.

Nah.  When I did Old Testament history a generation was 25ish years.  These days?  More like 30+ years though I recognise that Dundee may be different.

46 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

My team: Rangers

Please remember that some of us can separate politics from what is, after all, only a game. 

The lickspittle, nauseating, forelock tugging, monarchy-idolising wankerocity that support the same football team as me don't speak for me any more than I'll speak for them. 

I quite liked the post from someone about singing "you're not British any more!"... Hell, I might even join in. 

They need to keep the far left so far from the mainstream campaign, people like Boyd, Shafi etc need to be told to bolt because they are harmful to the campaign. Also if we could not have the cringey glasgow school of art shite like that lassie who dressed up like lady gaga that’d be superb thanks. 

The twisting of "opinion" has started already of course. Some correspondent on the telly earlier mentioned that part of the decision would focus on the record of the SNP in Government. Fair enough as far as it went, but it seemed to ignore the herd of elephants in the room - the record and attitudes of the Westminster Government. 

If I had one wish, it would be repeated contributions to the "debate" by utter balloons like Patel, Rees-Mogg, Lord Foulkes of Cumnock and in the final days, a visit by Boris, the "Minister for the Union".  Trouble is, the No campaign knows that these spokespeople for the Union would be utter liabilities for their cause, blissfully ignoring the very fact that we are stuck with them and their ilk whether we like it or not and that the system that allows them any role in the government of Scotland is the very thing the SNP and Greens want to ditch. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

Who gives a f**k what a generation is, it isn't in any Indy ref 1 legislation saying Scotland would have to wait a generation if the first one was unsuccessful.  It was a stupid soundbite trying to highlight the importance of getting people out voting in the first one that britnats, politicians and the compliant media hold on to like some comfort blanket with a wee let's deny democracy label on it. 

It's happening so stop the knicker wetting and put the positive case for the Union.

Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips