When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have the feeling that Catalan independence has lost a bit of support in the youth. I am sceptical that this tick tick demographics thats said about Scottish independence is certain. Things change, new generations look at the ones before them and quite often find those topics outdated/boring irrelevant to them.

Also if theres no progress in independence then they may think why should they invest their time in it. 

Interesting analysis from pro union thinktank

https://www.ukonward.com/reports/state-of-the-union/

Their "state of the union' report bills itself as:

"the most comprehensive survey of attitudes towards the Union since 2014"

Surely the key finding is:

Yes retains a 30+ point lead among 18-45 year-olds.

If that is in any way accurate then it's already all over for the union.

8 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Interesting analysis from pro union thinktank

https://www.ukonward.com/reports/state-of-the-union/

Their "state of the union' report bills itself as:

"the most comprehensive survey of attitudes towards the Union since 2014"

Surely the key finding is:

Yes retains a 30+ point lead among 18-45 year-olds.

If that is in any way accurate then it's already all over for the union.

thats why nows the time for indyref imo, in 10 years or 20 years it may not

10 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I have the feeling that Catalan independence has lost a bit of support in the youth. I am sceptical that this tick tick demographics thats said about Scottish independence is certain. Things change, new generations look at the ones before them and quite often find those topics outdated/boring irrelevant to them.

Also if theres no progress in independence then they may think why should they invest their time in it. 

Yeah, I think you’re starting to see that here now too.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very surprised that none of the separists are on drooling over NS’s statement today, whatever it was about?

I get the impression that ,like most people, they are much more interested in the events at Westminster.

Really? I'm surprised that you are very surprised. 

I'm pretty familiar with the democratic arguments. I suspect that the document isn't particularly aimed at me.  I'd be more interested in the opposite argument, as the unionists appear to have abandoned the 'too wee, too daft and too poor' rubbish and now seem reliant on the 'not now', seemingly aware that their democratic reluctance looks absurd. 

But you carry on.  I'm sure someone will be impressed. 

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Very surprised that none of the separists are on drooling over NS’s statement today, whatever it was about?

I get the impression that ,like most people, they are much more interested in the events at Westminster.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/renewing-democracy-through-independence/pages/

It's here if your interested, but arguments around the relative merits of having our own democracy as opposed to a 9% share in someone else's has been well trodden in these parts over the years.

Feel free to point out which bits you'd like to discuss.

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Watching a circus is always a good way of taking your mind off the more important things.