When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, AndyM said:

Did you ever actually see his comedy?  Even when he was in the last chance saloon on Mrs Merton (the first time he'd been on tv for years) he couldn't resist reverting to  type and raving ignorantly on about "Pakis and Queers".

My late old fella who was an unreconstructed man's man, an ex Royal Marine Sgt, though you'd probably call him a snivelling snowflake for saying that he thought Manning was a bigoted disgrace and Davidson was a Tory arse licker who pretends to care about the Troops but is basically doing it for cash and recognition.

Your late father is entitled to his opinion, but I'm also entitled to mine.

I've seen plenty clips of Manning, and the language he used doesn't bother me.  Are we seriously supposed to believe that people crumble into a depressed state because they hear an offensive word?

39 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Your late father is entitled to his opinion, but I'm also entitled to mine.

I've seen plenty clips of Manning, and the language he used doesn't bother me.  Are we seriously supposed to believe that people crumble into a depressed state because they hear an offensive word?

Open goal, folks. Fill yer boots... 😁

Nae offence intended here BJK, but by interacting with this fool, you are getting exactly what you bargain for.
Of course you're absolutely right but that's no excuse for giving this desperate little shit the time of day. Desist. 
Is he still at it? [emoji23] Put the utter fucking loser on ignore.

[mention=29985]Billy Jean King[/mention]has really unfortunate initials, and makes me think that we've got another Rangers roaster alias when someone mentions them by acronym.
It took someone pointing that out before for me to realise that. You can be rest assured I am not an arse cheek, roaster or otherwise.

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

That boy and the Scotty Fibdems are just rank.

The essence of Carmichael in three easy steps :

1. At the time of the leak, Mr Carmichael denied any knowledge, claiming in a TV interview the first he had heard of it was when he received a phone call from a reporter. 

2. Paul Flynn MP claimed—"from a usually reliable source"—that an inquiry established to investigate a leaked memo about Nicola Sturgeon cost the taxpayer £1.4 million.*

3. Orkney and Shetland MP Alistair Carmichael has admitted that he tried to mislead a Cabinet Office investigation into a leaked memo. The MP said he "enormously" regretted his involvement in the leaking of the memo. Evidence for a second day at a special election court, the Lib Dem MP was told that his response to the investigation was "calculated and intended to mislead". He replied: "Yes, truthfully I would have to say that."

*The true cost of the inquiry was said to be much lower than that. 

Carmichael trailblazing and showing the current crop how it's done without fear of any reprisal or embarrassment. Deny, await an inquiry that will undoubtedly confirm your guilt (undertaken at huge public cost), and then just ride it out. 

On 21/06/2022 at 08:25, Dons_1988 said:

Sure, those disparities exist and it’s not a great look. One might argue 15 years isn’t enough to radically change the underlying causes of that but specific to an indy debate, the argument needs to be less about government performance and more constitutional.

The partitionists are selling 'jam tomorrow' but their record - which I mentioned - doesn't back that up.  They are selling 'Denmark' but their record says 'Primark'.  So I can see why you'd want to avoid performance being examined.

So what is the constitutional case if we assume that iScot would be neutral in terms of performance?  IE make a constitutional case for partition with no mention of (theoretical) economic gain.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The partitionists are selling 'jam tomorrow' but their record - which I mentioned - doesn't back that up.  They are selling 'Denmark' but their record says 'Primark'.  So I can see why you'd want to avoid performance being examined.

So what is the constitutional case if we assume that iScot would be neutral in terms of performance?  IE make a constitutional case for partition with no mention of (theoretical) economic gain.

All once again a very good display of your opinion......but what do you make of the leader of the Scots Tories spelling out recently all the things the UK will lose when Scotland becomes independent. The inverse being everything iScotland will gain.

His logic would suggest iScotland will do a bit better than "neutral in terms of performance"

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

All once again a very good display of your opinion......but what do you make of the leader of the Scots Tories spelling out recently all the things the UK will lose when Scotland becomes independent. The inverse being everything iScotland will gain.

His logic would suggest iScotland will do a bit better than "neutral in terms of performance"

Thanks, bud.  I know that you're a fan.

I pay little attention to wee Douglas so it would be wrong of me to comment.  Plus, I am interested in @Dons_1988's case for constitutional independence irrespective of economic gains or losses.  

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Thanks, bud.  I know that you're a fan.

I pay little attention to wee Douglas so it would be wrong of me to comment.  Plus, I am interested in @Dons_1988's case for constitutional independence irrespective of economic gains or losses.  

Lol....I look forward to your interesting take on things.

Fan is a bit much tbh😀.

Btw it was big team Murdo who let the cat out the bag......again.

7 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

The essence of Carmichael in three easy steps :

1. At the time of the leak, Mr Carmichael denied any knowledge, claiming in a TV interview the first he had heard of it was when he received a phone call from a reporter. 

2. Paul Flynn MP claimed—"from a usually reliable source"—that an inquiry established to investigate a leaked memo about Nicola Sturgeon cost the taxpayer £1.4 million.*

3. Orkney and Shetland MP Alistair Carmichael has admitted that he tried to mislead a Cabinet Office investigation into a leaked memo. The MP said he "enormously" regretted his involvement in the leaking of the memo. Evidence for a second day at a special election court, the Lib Dem MP was told that his response to the investigation was "calculated and intended to mislead". He replied: "Yes, truthfully I would have to say that."

*The true cost of the inquiry was said to be much lower than that. 

Carmichael trailblazing and showing the current crop how it's done without fear of any reprisal or embarrassment. Deny, await an inquiry that will undoubtedly confirm your guilt (undertaken at huge public cost), and then just ride it out. 

I remember that. We had a thread at the time where a popular P&Ber with political aspirations argued that there was nothing wrong with MPs lying - the only thing Carmichael did wrong was to get caught.

Shouldn't be surprised, but I take it that's the prevailing view among politicians.