When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

And given the auto-signature on his posts, could you also add pretentious, self-conceited, and vainglorious?

That's some vocabulary you've got going on there, Mr Soapington.

When I first signed up, many thought I was the reincarnation of various ex-posters, so got very angry and abusive.  The only way to achieve any sort of normality was to shove a bunch of them on ignore.  I'm hoping a lot of them will have changed their tune after the amnesty, as it's now widely recognised that I'm not actually 'Stormzy'.

Since I don't converse with the EEIL-dwellers, then the best way for me to get the message out as to their status is simply updating my signature.

Antlion and WhiteRoseKillie were by far the most abusive, so they'll probably remain on even after the amnesty.  I've still to make up my mind for certain on that pair.

Seriously, if people act reasonably to me then I do the same back, no matter their view.  It's not difficult.

Edited by Scott Steiner

7 minutes ago, Scott Steiner said:

That's some vocabulary you've got going on there, Mr Soapington.

When I first signed up, many thought I was the reincarnation of various ex-posters, so got very angry and abusive.  The only way to achieve any sort of normality was to shove a bunch of them on ignore.  I'm hoping a lot of them will have changed their tune after the amnesty, as it's now widely recognised that I'm not actually 'Stormzy'.

Since I don't converse with the EEIL-dwellers, then the best way for me to get the message out as to their status is simply updating my signature.

Antlion and WhiteRoseKillie were by far the most abusive, so they'll probably remain on even after the amnesty.  I've still to make up my mind for certain on that pair.

Seriously, if people act reasonably to me then I do the same back, no matter their view.  It's not difficult.

48E62D11-362F-4954-AF8C-52921C917BAF.gif

10 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Absolutely.  Us Yoons realise that the devolved assembly does not have the power to decide referendums, so will indeed boycott to delegitimise any such charade.  Another referendum on something so major so soon would be ridiculous.

The only way a referendum on partition can take place is if parliament allows it.  This should not happen in the forseeable future.

The sense of entitlement from many Nats is through the roof.  You shouldn't just get to keep trying until you get the answer you want.

So the current britnat position appears to be that there is no.... and there should not be..... any democratic way for the people of Scotland to take back their independence without the consent of another nations parliament.

Outstanding!

Such political philosophy was very popular in the 19th and first half of the 20th centuries I understand.

Didn't turn out too well in fairness.

6 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

So the current britnat position appears to be that there is no.... and there should not be..... any democratic way for the people of Scotland to take back their independence without the consent of another nations parliament.

Outstanding!

Such political philosophy was very popular in the 19th and first half of the 20th centuries I understand.

Didn't turn out too well in fairness.

That's certainly not my position, and I doubt it's the britnat position either.

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

It clearly is.

There is a very real fear of democracy amongst the britnat element.

Not healthy tbh.

Honestly, the claims you make are not my position.

I doubt they are those of britnats either.

Where did you get them from?

14 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

Absolutely.  Us Yoons realise that the devolved assembly does not have the power to decide referendums, so will indeed boycott to delegitimise any such charade.  Another referendum on something so major so soon would be ridiculous.

The only way a referendum on partition can take place is if parliament allows it.  This should not happen in the forseeable future.

The sense of entitlement from many Nats is through the roof.  You shouldn't just get to keep trying until you get the answer you want.

You posted this earlier.

It sums up the britnat position.

Preventing democracy instead of arguing for the union ain't gonnae end well.

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

You posted this earlier.

It sums up the britnat position.

Preventing democracy instead of arguing for the union ain't gonnae end well.

That is indeed my position, but I'm afraid it does include anything about another country's parliament.  Nor did I say anything about preventing democracy.

It seems you're making things up.

Given the settled status of the GFA in UK law it might be of note that had the Scottish government held a referendum within 7 years it may have been judged illegal by a court. Setting for 2023 renders that moot.

It may well strengthen the case for holding such a border poll in Scotland with the UK government unable to get a judgement of illegality from the court. After all which laws is it transgressing?

Here was me thinking I was reading the 423rd cycle of stormzy bombarding the politics forum with obvious trolling then going down the ‘why can’t you just be nice to me’ path when he’s told to f**k off. 

Thankfully though, he’s confirmed he’s not actually stormzy. 

On 29/12/2021 at 23:55, Zern said:

Given the settled status of the GFA in UK law it might be of note that had the Scottish government held a referendum within 7 years it may have been judged illegal by a court. Setting for 2023 renders that moot.

It may well strengthen the case for holding such a border poll in Scotland with the UK government unable to get a judgement of illegality from the court. After all which laws is it transgressing?

I don't see what the GFA has to do with Scotland though?  It was an NI only agreement.

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Here was me thinking I was reading the 423rd cycle of stormzy bombarding the politics forum with obvious trolling then going down the ‘why can’t you just be nice to me’ path when he’s told to f**k off. 

Thankfully though, he’s confirmed he’s not actually stormzy. 

I'm afraid there's nothing troll-like in disagreeing with people.

Continue to be nasty if you want.  I can't tell you how to live your life.

The Stormzy thing really doesn't bother me.

2 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

I don't see what the GFA has to do with Scotland though?  It was an NI only agreement.

One wonders why law that applies to a border poll in one part of the UK cannot be applied to the issue of a border poll in another part of the uk.

One nation, one people...

16 minutes ago, Zern said:

One wonders why law that applies to a border poll in one part of the UK cannot be applied to the issue of a border poll in another part of the uk.

One nation, one people...

It was a deal worked out Northern Ireland, so there'd be no logical or lawful reason for it to apply to our situation too.

They can only have a border poll over there if there's evidence of public support for a United Ireland, over a sustainable period.  We don't have that over there, and we don't have public support for Scottish Separation either.