When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Clearly.

Have to admit "shared heritage" gave me a chuckle though.

“My wife kicked me in the baws every day of our married life and together we robbed every house on the street. I hope my children and their children get to enjoy abusive marriages and grow up to be thieves, because shared heritage!”

“My wife kicked me in the baws every day of our married life and together we robbed every house on the street. I hope my children and their children get to enjoy abusive marriages and grow up to be thieves, because shared heritage!”

This content makes me cringe and smile in equal measure. Because it’s this kind of content from Nats that is keeping the union together.
More of it, please.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

This content makes me cringe and smile in equal measure.

As someone whose default position is cringing opposition to your nation achieving normal political autonomy (because muh union, muh fleg), you hardly need any help. 

On 09/09/2021 at 21:45, git-intae-thum said:

The only nation in the UK that has a positive balance of payments.....(and has since records began) yet we are miraculously saddled with this huge ficticious debt whilst saddled to the UK.

10 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

.maybe learn what balance of payments before telling other folk to get clued up on economics.

Have you taken issue with ScotGov yet?  They are reporting a negative BoP since 1998.

You're surely the bloke to challenge them.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Have you taken issue with ScotGov yet?  They are reporting a negative BoP since 1998.

You're surely the bloke to challenge them.

Yes......Scotland always runs a positive international balance of trade as opposed to rUK. The figures you quote include guestimates of trade with rUK. That figure is simply not quantifiable as no system exists to properly record it. The rUK figures are calculated using approximates of  survey returns from a small number of businesses. Therefore you could easily have the ludicrous situation where money spent in the supermarket or the purchase of a music download, if these companies are registered in rUK, could count as an import from rUK. Quite clearly in iScotland these type of transactions would not be "international" imports.

However, it is obviously very likely Scotland's biggest trade partner is.....and would continue to be rUK. Your closest neighbour being your biggest trade partner is clearly natural and normal, it's certainly no barrier to independence. Otherwise Ireland would not have diversified to be richer than the UK and likewise the Baltic States with Russia. From the same publication:

International exports and imports from Scotland have increased over the past 20 years. Including oil and gas, experimental statistics(19) show that Scotland has an international trade surplus, with exports consistently higher than imports. In 2016 this trade surplus was estimated to be around £2bn (1.2% of GDP). This compares with the UK which has shown a trade deficit in every year since 1998 and which currently sits at 1.3% of GDP. 

International Exports, Imports and Net Trade Chart

Source: Whole of Scotland Economic Accounts Project (Experimental Statistics – 2016 data is provisional)l and Quarterly National  Accounts Scotland 2017

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Conference of the Party of the DPRS  voting through a National Energy Company in the same week that it was dropped by the PorridgeBuro is typical Nat.

Nationalist dreams are being crushed through the combined weight of hubris and morbid vacuity.

The fact that you expend so much hatred for a place in which you don’t live and barely any for the hard-right, isolationist, nationalist state you do really ramps up your xenophobia.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nippy banging the Indy drum with a rolled-up conspiracy theory.  A shark-jumping moment if ever there was one:

she was banging on about how a Tory led Brexit has had a detrimental impact on Scotland's hospitality sector, on trade and exports, on University placements, and labour market. Absolute tin foil conspiracy theory nonsense.

To paraphrase a fellow British nationalist of yours, look at your window and you'll see nothing has changed.   

Edited by KingRocketman II
out for at

20 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

she was banging on about how a Tory led Brexit has had a detrimental impact on Scotland's hospitality sector, on trade and exports, on University placements, and labour market. Absolute tin foil conspiracy theory nonsense.

To paraphrase a fellow British nationalist of yours, look at your window and you'll see nothing has changed.   

Despising partitionists doesn't make me a British nationalist, of course.

Anyway, what a day for pointing and laughing at the idiotic Nats.  Here's more:

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Despising partitionists doesn't make me a British nationalist, of course.

Uh, yes it does. You literally don’t want Ireland to exist as an independent state, like a psychotic Victorian imperialist. 

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nippy banging the Indy drum with a rolled-up conspiracy theory.  A shark-jumping moment if ever there was one:

A better shark-jumping moment was that time you were caught sharing tweets from far-right extremists who were subsequently banned from Twitter.