Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

727 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

In the UK, the sterling zone, the wealth of London and the South East subsidises the regions of England and the nations and this can be adjusted as circumstances change. Such a mechanism within the eurozone doesn’t exist.

Indeed.  A country with its own currency and central bank is much more agile and robust.  This is unarguable.

I also take the Natter love-in with the EU with a huge pinch of salt.  As i said the other day, in the 1975 referendum they were running about the place telling everyone of the evils of the EEC and how Scotland's best interests were served by being outside of the UK and outside of the Common Market.

This party is the apotheosis of the old, "We have principles and if you don't like them we have others" gag.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

This party is the apotheosis of the old, "We have principles and if you don't like them we have others" gag.

Nope - that’s still you: the old racist bigot who claims he just hates those gosh-darn Brexiters, but ... uh ... will vote for them and support them because rule Britannia, by jingo. Your principles, in so far as they exist, appear to be whatever will earn you the approval of people who think you’re an unsavoury gimp (and by this I mean your adoptive countrymen, not everyone on this forum). 

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Nope - that’s still you: the old racist bigot who claims he just hates those gosh-darn Brexiters, but ... uh ... will vote for them and support them because rule Britannia, by jingo. Your principles, in so far as they exist, appear to be whatever will earn you the approval of people who think you’re an unsavoury gimp (and by this I mean your adoptive countrymen, not everyone on this forum). 

You okay? 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Aye he should have wore less of a revealing dress. 

Took me a moment of frozen consternation to work out where that had gone wrong there but I don't mean he's brought abuse on himself I mean he's gone into his own wee internet bubble and is losing his mind. Things that should not make someone furious are making him furious. He needs to log off.

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Wild that this c**t is still posting after his disgraceful "gender bending" comment the other day.

Oh, that's mild. He came out with some proper homophobic stuff that seemed to pass under the radar during Supras/Pep/Fuzzy/Carrnoustie/whatever's wee meltdown over "sucking cock".

Anyway, I wish the EU would hurry up and fall apart, considering I've been hearing it's about to happen since before it even existed under that name. Haven't heard much lately about the Euro dropping through the floor and being abandoned, but it'll only a matter of time before that returns. Probably right before it overtakes the pound in value.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  A country with its own currency and central bank is much more agile and robust.  This is unarguable.

I also take the Natter love-in with the EU with a huge pinch of salt.  As i said the other day, in the 1975 referendum they were running about the place telling everyone of the evils of the EEC and how Scotland's best interests were served by being outside of the UK and outside of the Common Market.

Most of us weren't born in 1975 pal. Nobody cares what political parties full of people who are mostly dead now were saying about the EEC 46 years ago.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's interesting taking a party policy from nearly 50 years ago. By that metric the Conservatives of 1975 would be seen today as on a par with Labour while Labour would be practically communists.

You can actually read the October 1974 Conservative Party manifesto online. Worth a shufty if you're a geek. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Oh, that's mild. He came out with some proper homophobic stuff that seemed to pass under the radar during Supras/Pep/Fuzzy/Carrnoustie/whatever's wee meltdown over "sucking cock".

Anyway, I wish the EU would hurry up and fall apart, considering I've been hearing it's about to happen since before it even existed under that name. Haven't heard much lately about the Euro dropping through the floor and being abandoned, but it'll only a matter of time before that returns. Probably right before it overtakes the pound in value.

Pep isn't Supras. I get where that impulse comes from but they're not the same person. Diff energies.

15 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Couldn't agree with you more, I have read, over the last days, with amusement the arguments against Scotland creating it's own Central Bank.

What many seem to have missed is that the Scottish Government, in November 2020, created The Scottish National Investment Bank with £2 Billion in funding.

A small step maybe  but with a sure view towards Independence with a Central Bank in line with EU membership application Acquis.

14 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Pep isn't Supras. I get where that impulse comes from but they're not the same person. Diff energies.

How so?

Be very specific.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

EvBEdvlXEAcpKNB?format=jpg&name=small

Confirmation at last.

For fecks sake who you trying to kid that's confirmation from a tory pamphlet on another thread.

The pamphlet's only good for wiping yer arse.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

For fecks sake who you trying to kid that's confirmation from a tory pamphlet on another thread.

The pamphlet's only good for wiping yer arse.

That's the joke, yes.

Totally surprised that since I mentioned a few days ago that The SNP had a created a Scottish Central Bank with 2 Billion funding back in Nov 2020 that none of the unionists on here have mentioned it nor welcomed the fact that Scotlands application to join the EU will be acceptable now that we have The Scottish National Investment Bank which will be able to issue our own currency.

'but you'll have to join the Euro'

You can wheel that one out before or after all the claims about no being allowed to join in the first place, it doesn't appear to matter.

Noticing someone's hit the activate button on all the Ian Blackford killed Charles Kennedy articles. A bit premature if you ask me.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Totally surprised that since I mentioned a few days ago that The SNP had a created a Scottish Central Bank with 2 Billion funding back in Nov 2020 that none of the unionists on here have mentioned it nor welcomed the fact that Scotlands application to join the EU will be acceptable now that we have The Scottish National Investment Bank which will be able to issue our own currency.

2bn sounds peanuts, Sandy.

What has it invested in since incorporation?

Prestwick Airport

Ferries

Any ideas?

Seem to recall RBS went down for around 50bn.