When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh no. How will I recover from the "utter reddy"?.[emoji38]

Same way you deal with the "utter reddy" you get every time you post on here,by disappearing back to your amazingly wonderfully oh so busy life where you don't need this place.

Then you'll definitely come back again.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

cringe.....Other than this forum and one other, I prefer my social contact to be face to face rather than online.I genuinely feel sorry for this generation. Imagine going to the pub and being so enthralled by your mates sitting a couple of feet away that you spend the entire night on your phone. That is a tragic sight seen up and down the country every night.

Is use of social medai the height of your ambition?

You reckon being able to post on Twatter and Facebook makes you intelligent?

:lol:

Able to use social media. FFS that will sort the economy right out......    The hard times are over. Let joy ring out....     :lol:

Meanwhile many of the generation before you can fix their own car, perform basic wiring, sort out plumbing, make and mend their own clothes, grow their own fruit and vegetables, use a Raspberry PI, perform long multiplication and division without a calculator, cook food from the raw ingredients, understand how to budget amongst many other skills which the current crop of youngsters have yet to learn.

They have one other advantage. Because they "cant use social media", very few of them are able to read or hear your whining bollox. I would have thought that being a young person you would be clever enough to have realised you were essentially talking to yourself.

Old man ranting about young people using their phones. You're most definitely a Telegraph reader. That's where you get this level of crap from. Also, it was your generation that screwed up the economy, not ours. We were too young at the time to be borrowing money that we couldn't afford to pay back. Still.... you keep on thinking that your generation are better at budgeting. :rolleyes:

As for all of the stuff after that. More rantings from an old man. If I ever reach a situation where I need to do any of these things (which I never have done) I will type it into google and get the information I need.

Edited by Cream Cheese

No it wasn't your point nor did I argue that these countries were not independent.  Your point was specifically about them having control of ALL their money which they quite clearly do not have.

There is nothing wrong with wanting Scotland to be an independent country and a member of the EU.  What is wrong is presenting membership of the EU as having no detriment to the sovereignty of Scotland - it quite clearly does.

I don't care one way or the other about the EU. I've stated this before. The person as I was replying to was using the EU as an argument against independence. It's a petty argument. Do you agree with said poster that all the EU counties aren't sovereign independent countries ?

Just now, oaksoft said:

AYE RIGHT.    :lol:

Just wait until your PC breaks down (which will hopefully be sometime soon), you'll be running to a young guy to sort it out for you. You're much like my grandparents, they try desperately to do the basics, but come to me to fix basic issues whenever something goes wrong.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You are taking it well. Thats the main thing.

Your generation certainly is better at whining and stroking that sense of entitlement.

I will concede on both those points. :lol:

We're entitled to a future full of opportunities like you had. While your kind are trying desperately to rob us of that, it's failing miserably. :)

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You are entitled to nothing as was my generation.

You EARN what you work for.

Jesus, does that seriously need pointing out?

In order to earn, you need opportunity. It wasn't like back in your day where you didn't need qualifications or the necessary paperwork. You just walked into a job and rolled your sleeves up. These are different times. So quit living in the past.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

If we are failing so badly at robbing you of all these opportunities then WTF are you complaining about? Get on and enjoy the opportunities.

I'm not complaining. I'm actually doing quite well for myself thanks. :thumsup2

39 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I don't care one way or the other about the EU. I've stated this before. The person as I was replying to was using the EU as an argument against independence. It's a petty argument. Do you agree with said poster that all the EU counties aren't sovereign independent countries ?

No they weren't using the EU in this way, they stated that an Independence utopia (full sovereignty) cannot be achieved through splitting with the UK and remaining in the EU.  That is not an argument against independence, that is the reality of joining the EU. 

To counter this you stated that three countries in the EU had control of ALL their money, whereas the reality is that EU membership explicitly prevents this from being the case. It is impossible to join the EU and not lose a degree of sovereignty.  If we can accept this as a country then all well and good, however I can see the Scottish rhetoric changing from being a "fucked over by Westminster" to a "fucked over by the EU".

There is absolutely a case for Scotland to leave the UK, just as there is for leaving the EU.  Acceptance of either of both of these are not mutually exclusive and can both be beneficial for Scotland separately or together.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I asked because it certainly is not my experience as a teacher of ICT and Business for the past 23 years.

Well different people have different experiences then. Because the younger generation are naturals at fixing technical issues in my experience. Not only do they fix them efficiently, they make it look easy.

Just now, Cream Cheese said:

Well different people have different experiences then. Because the younger generation are naturals at fixing technical issues in my experience. Not only do they fix them efficiently, they make it look easy.

My experience is that there are always  the hard core geeks and programmers who do know a computer inside and out.

Most of the others tend to veer away from pure programming or hardware issues and focus much more on applications and design or gravitate towards courses such as ethical hacking.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My experience is that there are always  the hard core geeks and programmers who do know a computer inside and out.

Most of the others tend to veer away from pure programming or hardware issues and focus much more on applications and design or gravitate towards courses such as ethical hacking.

You don't need to be a programmer to fix a PC issue. In fact, you don't need to know anything about coding to fix a basic software or hardware issue. On the other hand, to become an accomplished hacker, you must have at least a moderate understanding of code and how to manipulate it to behave the way you want it to.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Its not just IT either.

You can say the same thing about Maths, Physics and Chemistry. I have tutored extensively on all three and my point about students being unable to problem solve is a well known issue going back years and years.

There is nothing particularly special about this generation. Like all generations before them, and in the words of Bill Bryson, we have about 7 billion idiots sitting on the crest of a wave of brilliance produced by a handful of geniuses.

Most people end up living lives of comfortable medicrity. Thats not a criticism because work isnt everything but it does appear to be a fact.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If younger people had voted No we would have seen anti young sentiments instead.

You mean like your previous post?

"7 billion idiots sitting on the crest of a wave of brilliance produced by a handful of geniuses". Really? Well if it's all 7 billion of us, then that includes everybody of all ages. Why didn't the last generation do enough to encourage the next generation?

Old people love to point the finger at the younger generation for what they perceive to be social, economic and intellectual weaknesses. But aren't willing to take any responsibility for allowing that to occur. Where were they as parents when they felt their own children were failing them?

4 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Comedy gold. 

If you have any IT issues just find someone under the age of 20 on the street and ask them to sort it. Not only will they do this, they'll do it with ease! 

Genuinely fantastic stuff. Absolutely no basis in reality, but hilarious read.

6 hours ago, ScotSquid said:

Comedy gold. 

If you have any IT issues just find someone under the age of 20 on the street and ask them to sort it. Not only will they do this, they'll do it with ease! 

Genuinely fantastic stuff. Absolutely no basis in reality, but hilarious read.

Milton from Office Space meme