When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

And why would that be? 

I'm not a plane expert but the point is he's using pictures of aircrafts that have flags on that aren't used as bomber planes and are multi functioning referencing "bomber" planes. His comparison/joke/troll falls down at this point.

I can see why certain types will have loved that manipulation though. 

Typhoon is a combat aircraft, calling it a bomber or a fighter is overly broad but nonetheless a fundamentally correct identification of it's basic functionality. Being used for aerobatic displays doesn't make it any less so. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

Typhoon is a combat aircraft, calling it a bomber or a fighter is overly broad but nonetheless a fundamentally correct identification of it's basic functionality. Being used for aerobatic displays doesn't make it any less so. 

It's purposefully and intentionally overly broad to mislead and reinforce this guys nonsensical gripe with egg cartons. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

It's purposefully and intentionally overly broad to mislead and reinforce this guys nonsensical gripe with egg cartons. 

Nah, it's a combat aircraft, calling it a bomber is hardly misidentification. The underlying joke I guess is based on the insecurity of a British state that feels the need to stamp an oversize Union Jack on every little thing. 

38 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'll pass that on - she'll be relieved.

How about eggs?  This fairly  well known journo is greetin' about egg cartons.  Priorities, eh?

I do like a Scotch egg. 

And Scottish eggs.

image.png.22a668d3c120345727013de9f6bd0577.png

Joking apart, we should all be buying produce from as close to home as we can. I would prefer to buy anything that's produced locally if possible.

Just now, renton said:

Nah, it's a combat aircraft, calling it a bomber is hardly misidentification. The underlying joke I guess is based on the insecurity of a British state that feels the need to stamp an oversize Union Jack on every little thing. 

Nah, you're wrong on this one. 

Calling it a bomber is intentionally giving off a false impression, only the display planes carry such designs, hence them being display planes, the point of calling them "bombers" that you're making is a pedantic, technical argument that is sidestepping the point that I've made.

The man has a nonsensical issue with egg cartons and so he's posted a picture of display planes that carry over the top designs and called them "bombers" because we all know some idiots will lap this up as they like to imagine the idea of British planes bombing foreign lands with massive Union flags on them as it reinforces their views on Britain as an imperial entity. It's a very common thing amongst the more Da types of Indy supporters. 

The only joke is based on the underlying insecurity of Scottish people seeing a Union flag on the side of an egg carton and working themselves into a fuss over it to suit their confirmation biases about made up British foreign conflicts. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Nah, you're wrong on this one. 

Calling it a bomber is intentionally giving off a false impression, only the display planes carry such designs, hence them being display planes, the point of calling them "bombers" that you're making is a pedantic, technical argument that is sidestepping the point that I've made.

The man has a nonsensical issue with egg cartons and so he's posted a picture of display planes that carry over the top designs and called them "bombers" because we all know some idiots will lap this up as they like to imagine the idea of British planes bombing foreign lands with massive Union flags on them as it reinforces their views on Britain as an imperial entity. It's a very common thing amongst the more Da types of Indy supporters. 

The only joke is based on the underlying insecurity of Scottish people seeing a Union flag on the side of an egg carton and working themselves into a fuss over it to suit their confirmation biases about made up British foreign conflicts. 

Using it for a display doesn't make it any less functionally a front line combat aircraft. The Red Arrows use the Hawk trainer aircraft which is always called a trainer even when being used in a display team. 

As for bombing folk in foreign lands with a great big Union Jack on them? Well, the first generation sub launched nukes we bought from the US -Polaris - had "Royal Navy" proudly emblazoned down the side of them. Always found that amusing, was it just in case you lost it and someone found it? Or was it fundamentally a case of an insecure government wanting to make sure e eryone knew it was British for the photo opportunities?

There absolutely is an underlying insecurity with the post Brexit British state wanting to emphasise British-ness by stamping bloody Great big Union Flags on everything. A trend that is markedly more pronounced given that demonstrations of national patriotism via flag waving was always considered gouache and foreign in contrast to the low key, British who were confident enough in their state not to need to.

That is definitely  symptom of Brexit and how it intersects with Scottish Nationalism is interesting in how tone deaf it is, and indeed how it works to actually split the Unionist argument between the Conservative flag wavers and the Labour internationalists. 

Just now, renton said:

Using it for a display doesn't make it any less functionally a front line combat aircraft. The Red Arrows use the Hawk trainer aircraft which is always called a trainer even when being used in a display team. 

As for bombing folk in foreign lands with a great big Union Jack on them? Well, the first generation sub launched nukes we bought from the US -Polaris - had "Royal Navy" proudly emblazoned down the side of them. Always found that amusing, was it just in case you lost it and someone found it? Or was it fundamentally a case of an insecure government wanting to make sure e eryone knew it was British for the photo opportunities?

There absolutely is an underlying insecurity with the post Brexit British state wanting to emphasise British-ness by stamping bloody Great big Union Flags on everything. A trend that is markedly more pronounced given that demonstrations of national patriotism via flag waving was always considered gouache and foreign in contrast to the low key, British who were confident enough in their state not to need to.

That is definitely  symptom of Brexit and how it intersects with Scottish Nationalism is interesting in how tone deaf it is, and indeed how it works to actually split the Unionist argument between the Conservative flag wavers and the Labour internationalists. 

Of course they could still function as bombers but they don't and that's the point, quite simply I believe the wording was intentionally misleading and you don't, that's fair enough. 

There perhaps is some Brexit insecurity regarding flags and things being shown as British, I'd say it's quite a sensible approach considering we have done Brexit and obviously should promote Britain and buying British at the moment..

Also British flags have helped sell produce in the UK for as long as I can remember, this isn't a new thing, it's well recognised in advertising and marketing that emphasising home grown British food sells more for whatever reasons. 

Trying to come up with the worst and most infuriating possible take

Oh so you support Bobby Sands’s hunger strike against the British state but when I don’t buy strawberries with Union Jacks and throw my Tunnocks Teacakes in the bin I’m “childish” and an “embarrassment to the cause”? Got it.

12 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

A much better slogan than this pile of cringeworthy shite.....

bestweecountry.jpg

Cringe! 
The SNP still fall into this trap also. Scotland is simply not a small country. It is entirely medium sized.