When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

We should have a poll to decide which other minorities are acceptable to abandon in the name of, erm, a fairer and freer Scotland.

I'm sure there are some strange folk who could be brought to the cause of independence if we agreed to roll back gay rights, for example.

I need to champion the rights of lovers of secondary 24 villains.

I don’t think there is any true threat to equality for trans people in Scotland. I don’t think that really strong views exist other than the extremists and demagogues on both sides of the debate who are only in it for the buzz of being in something. 

there is obviously a compromise position where the rights of trans people can be strengthened and respected in a way that doesn’t detriment the rights of other groups but like most things when you have zealots involved, dogma gets in the way.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Nope its a new poster.

Not going to lie to lie though Tynie, I suspect a VPN is being used to fool you all, he is too close to the template, he was far too quick to hate transgender people & Nicola.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Fairy nuff, astonishing that they hate transgender people & those pesky Nats mind.

I’m a lifelong nationalist who has voted for the SNP in every election since 2005. I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with trans people. 

You were wrong about me being “Pep” and you’re wrong to try to smear me now. You could have started normal engagement by, if not apologising for your false accusation, at least acknowledging it. 

Amusing reading cultists that buy into nonsense like self-id  insisting that every poster that disagrees with them is this "Pepp" person.

It might very well be. But, they also might identify as someone else now.

Deal with it.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Not going to lie to lie though Tynie, I suspect a VPN is being used to fool you all, he is too close to the template, he was far too quick to hate transgender people & Nicola.

Get a grip!!! How many VPNs do you know that ping to the south of Scotland? 

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Always wonder about that when people start talking about checking IPs and banning based on such. It's been a very long time since that would be any hindrance to even a slightly determined poster.

Just now, BFTD said:

Always wonder about that when people start talking about checking IPs and banning based on such. It's been a very long time since that would be any hindrance to even a slightly determined poster.

Tynierose, can you check Perkin Flumps IP address for me please and see if he’s using a VPN? Assuming that’s how it works, we can all just issue these kinds of demands to moderators. 

Also, if you could please confirm that your comments were not directed to me but rather a general point. 

I have no issue with trans people. Whatsoever. I should not have to make that point again.

8 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

This may astonish you old boy but there are unfortunately plenty of people with that view.

We cannot ban people with that view, it takes education and time for attitudes to change just like it changed slowly over the years with homosexuality etc.

Thankfully the majority of society no longer bat an eyelid regarding homosexuality despite a history of being victimised and criminalised not so long ago.

No doubt we will get there eventually with transgender.  Banning people won't help, let them post, challenge the post and inform them and re educate.  Education and raising awareness is the way to change attitudes, bans don't work.

I like your optimism, but I think you're massively underestimating the number of people who'd happily scapegoat homosexuals again if they felt free to do so.

Not that I'm disagreeing with your stance; I presume the idea is that if the monitoring other people's genitals is an important topic for you to discuss on a Scottish football forum, fire away, but if you feel the need to bring it up in every fucking thread, get in the fucking sea with your other aliases?

Edit: get the fucking wine drank and get back on here for a drunken banhammer session forthwith  :D

Edited by BFTD

7 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Tynierose, can you check Perkin Flumps IP address for me please and see if he’s using a VPN?

Before you do mine, sometimes I like to roleplay as a lonely Swedish goatherd. There's nothing wrong with that.

18 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I’m a lifelong nationalist who has voted for the SNP in every election since 2005. I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with trans people. 

You were wrong about me being “Pep” and you’re wrong to try to smear me now. You could have started normal engagement by, if not apologising for your false accusation, at least acknowledging it. 

"Smear me" ffs calm down and get over yourself.

19 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

This may astonish you old boy but there are plenty of people with that view.

We cannot ban people with that view, it takes education and time for attitudes to change just like it changed slowly over the years with homosexuality etc.

Thankfully the majority of society no longer bat an eyelid regarding homosexuality despite a history of being victimised and criminalised not so long ago.

No doubt we will get there eventually with transgender.  Banning people won't help, let them post, challenge the post and inform them and re educate.  Education and raising awareness is the way to change attitudes, bans don't work.

Of course, never stopped you lot allowing folk to be victimised did it?

How about other forms of bigotry like xenophobia? Fancy dealing with that? Don't deal us this absolute shite.

Munoz is still on here right? That's one example off my head. tree house tam still posts here right? Two people I've reported and I still see their posts.

I was told by Thundermonkey about "zero tolerance" yet Kincardine goes "jock" central constantly and you allow it. How far does Dawson Park Boy have to go to actually get banned? But keep your soft touch on trolls going by all means.

Meanwhile (ahem...) 

I see on tonight's Sky news press preview that, according to the Express, the politically neutral Royal Family are to send the possibly future King Billy and his missus to spend more time Scotland to help save the union. 

Have these two not suffered enough?