When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

It's really enjoyable watching you try to positively spin or twist proudly having avatars of causes that were literally defined by their full-throated commitment to bloody racial supremacy. I guess I would think of myself as being sufficiently wound up by random posters on the internet but it's a credit that you soldier on regardless. 

Just remember, the Guardian supported the Southern States in the civil war.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just remember, the Guardian supported the Southern States in the civil war.

Why would I need to know or care about that? I think I've bought the Guardian like 4 times in my entire life.

10 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Fucksake, being told there were allegations by a lawyer is different from being told, by your mentor, that he was being charged with multiple sexual assaults.

Because of the Edinburgh airport allegations, yes.

Because a "potential issue" is a lot milder than outright sexaul assault charges, yes.

The problem with you is your sheer hatred of Sturgeon clouds your mind and your judgement.

No your blindness to everything SNP has you posting this defence of Sturgeon's words. 

Your post to claim that I was ignoring facts is more than a little ironic given your subsequent posts. 

I'm really not getting this idea that you have to be SNP or Alba....you could vote for both and have literally no negative affect on either. If there was a cunning plot to divide Yes voters you wouldn't have to be a genius to have devised it.

I still vote SNP and I'm happy to do so, however I'm starting to have doubts about any financial support for them that's why I withdrew my membership. I'm not of the view that it needs a chief executive on a 6 figure sum regardless of their character or who they're married to, for example.

Also, I do have genuine concerns over the £600k fund which was supposed to be ring-fenced for the next indyref campaign. The next indy ref is going to be brutal. The UK state is gearing up to absolutely throw the kitchen sink at it. Legally, Financially.. the lot. The raising of a fighting fund is a great idea that I would be happy to contribute to regularly to enable there to be a pool of funds available to the yes side to counter and make the case for a yes vote. Trust is everything tho and the fact that this money appears to be gone and we're nowhere near an indy campaign means there f**k all chance of having the trust to raise this cash. Without it puts us at a serious disadvantage from the start.

This seriously needs to be clarified, and resignations from people involved due to "transparancy" is not giving me the right feels.

Edited by Double Jack D

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Depresses me.  It is, sadly, one consequence of a coterie of disaffected grievance junkies seeking to partition our nation state.

f**k off. It doesn't depress you at all. You always post this stuff with a smug comment and a little bit of jockistan denigration.

You're pathetic.

28 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

It will be even funnier when her successor leads us to victory in this referendum and she can kick back with a slab of cans in celebration not giving one f**k.

Lmao. 

I think some of you guys will be better off in a situation where we don't actually have a referendum and the Indy movement slowly fades away because the way some of you talk about this and the "inevitability" of it all makes me think you'll have a real miserable time when you inevitably lose the next one, if there is one. 

30 minutes ago, Pato said:

Tbh I think demographic changes in the sort of timescale over which I think independence is likely might end up providing the circumstances needed for a healthier UK and if that happens and independence doesn't then that's just fine with me if that's what it takes.

What would you consider a healthier UK? A Labour government? I thought you were pretty set on Indy for FP2P reasons and such, do you think you'd feel comfortable in a more progressive non Tory UK with Scotland remaining in the UK?

29 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

"Slowly fade away" 😄😄

East Berlin 1989: "Erich, there's thousands of protesters on the streets of Leipzig!"

"Ach, it's fine. They'll slowly fade away"

More like Qubec or something... There can be thousands of protestors anywhere you'd like, it's hardly conclusive when you have thousands of people voting against what said protestors stand for. Considering the issue is relativley split down the middle it's not exactly unfair to envisage moderate supporters switching off the less likely they thought it was to happen. 

I think independence isnt inevitable i think theres probably a window of 10 years where if it hasnt happened by then most young people coming to be voting age wont be anti independence but they will just be fed up of hearing about it and lack much interest in it. Also if SNP are in power for that 10 years the build up of resentment any party in power gets will have grown and a lot might think whats point of snp if they havent delivered by then. 

thats far from saying independence wint happen soon though just that you cant take demographics for granted you gotta deliver something at some point

4 hours ago, strichener said:

No your blindness to everything SNP has you posting this defence of Sturgeon's words. 

Your post to claim that I was ignoring facts is more than a little ironic given your subsequent posts. 

Ok, you were ignoring context. Either way your bias clouds your judgement.

36 minutes ago, Pato said:

A labour government that gets in on FPTP with a big enough majority to change our election system to PR.

I'm a Scot and feel this is important for all kinds of difficult to articulate reasons so I'd always prefer to be independent, but if we were in a UK where Scottishness, Welshness, Irishness of either flavour and indeed Englishness were not under assault, as I feel they are to varying degrees now, then I think I could get through the day being British.

Thats a good point rarely talked about.. i have opinion that not only will Scotland thrive and be renergised  by independence but so will England. It will create a more modern identity for itself without the weight of that past.  The best thing that will happen to England will be Scotland going independent and Ireland uniting.

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

More Anti Scottish fuckin drivel.

Why do you hate your country?

Despising the politics of hatred and division as peddled by jingoistic Anglophobes makes me anti_Scottish?  Aye, ok.

Oh here's a tweet that is definitely 'made up pish'.  Imagine trying to kid us there was a working ferry in Nippy's Scotland. The rest of it is credible, though.

Despising the politics of hatred and division as peddled by jingoistic Anglophobes makes me anti_Scottish?  Aye, ok.
Oh here's a tweet that is definitely 'made up pish'.  Imagine trying to kid us there was a working ferry in Nippy's Scotland. The rest of it is credible, though.

Good to see you're back to sharing the bigotry of right wing flag-shagging losers. An Effie Deans fan this time no less [emoji23]

Not this David Griffiths? 

Candidate for George Galloway's party linked to sectarian, racist and sexist Twitter abuse

Alliance 4 Unity’s Holyrood hopeful David Griffiths has denied being behind the account.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug