When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, jakedee said:
8 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Well you've convinced me. If YOU are saying it and you repeat it three times then it simply must be true.
I've seen the light.
I can't thank you enough.
How could I ever have doubted you?
I'm such a fool.
Please forgive me.
Please?

Luckily education is free in Scotland, so you're welcome.

If your posts are reflective of our free education then it's no wonder private schools exist.  You have yet to show a shred of evidence that EVEL can prevent Scottish MPs from being PM.

If your posts are reflective of our free education then it's no wonder private schools exist.  You have yet to show a shred of evidence that EVEL can prevent Scottish MPs from being PM.
Do you believe that an MP, who can't vote on all the business conducted in Westminster can become the PM? (not just Scottish)
If you do, I've got a bridge to sell, if you're interested.
I don't think even Westminster are silly enough to admit to something that would clearly be discrimination.

7 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Do you believe that an MP, who can't vote on all the business conducted in Westminster can become the PM? (not just Scottish)
If you do, I've got a bridge to sell, if you're interested.
I don't think even Westminster are silly enough to admit to something that would clearly be discrimination.

Still no evidence, just conjecture.  I am sure with your free Scottish education you know the difference.

Edited by strichener

Still no evidence, just conjecture.  I am sure with your free Scottish education you know the difference.
I'm sure you will come back to this when an MP from a non English constituency becomes PM.
Doubt we'll both be here to see it though.

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

I'm sure you will come back to this when an MP from a non English constituency becomes PM.
Doubt we'll both be here to see it though.

You actually have to prove the link you can't just say "well this happened and then this didn't happen ergo the former affected the latter"

Appreciate she was overwhelmingly rejected by the electorate nationally and defeated because of a bowling club but wee ‘next pm’ Jo Swinson was obviously leader of a party which hoped to win the election etc and im not sure of any legal barriers posed to her? 
The EVEL thing does pose a number of challenges like how can a Scottish PM propose education/health/policing policy etc and not vote on it?. Its almost like its a ban on being PM but as above its not. Madness and a clear indication as to why the UK doesnt work. 

It is also a weak avenue to dive down because if you focus on the singular individual ability to do something you ignore or tacitly accept the wider systemic problem which is that Westminster has a two-tier system of MPs on top of all the other problems and inequalities of the UK parliamentary system. He's an English based MP but big Michael Gove could well be the next PM for example despite being Scottish. It sorta reminds me of when the Tories say "what have the Tories done for women? We've made two PM" argument because it's a clever bait and switch on liberal identity politics which have no serious wider systemic analysis.

Sorry I'm rambling into nowhere like LTL now.

I saw this tweet from the Scottish Tories the other day which berates Scotland for having the worst education in the UK.   No surprise, of course.

The information comes from the highly respected Legatum Institute so I had a look and you can download the whole report here:

https://li.com/reports/uk-prosperity-index-2021/

Scotland's recent failure in education is only the start - it is ranked last in the UK when it comes to Investment Environment and places Scotland 12th out of 15 by their definition of prosperity.  Very damning.  Worse, even, than Wales and Northern Ireland.

1163629215_Screenshot2021-05-142_42_03PM.thumb.png.91bee5c2a245173f1c9d9bece539b916.png

So when it comes to IndyRef2 - are the Natters deliberately running Scotland in to the ground to stir up discontent or are they using IndyRef2 as an opportunity to deflect from their own incompetence?  

SNP as SG and Independence are two separate issues

The SNP where they fail in doing a good job should be questioned and they should get pulled up for it.

That doesnt or shouldnt deflect from Independence being better for Scotland imo

Its 2 separate things

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I saw this tweet from the Scottish Tories the other day which berates Scotland for having the worst education in the UK.   No surprise, of course.

The information comes from the highly respected Legatum Institute so I had a look and you can download the whole report here:

Scotland's recent failure in education is only the start - it is ranked last in the UK when it comes to Investment Environment and places Scotland 12th out of 15 by their definition of prosperity.  Very damning.  Worse, even, than Wales and Northern Ireland.

1163629215_Screenshot2021-05-142_42_03PM.thumb.png.91bee5c2a245173f1c9d9bece539b916.png

So when it comes to IndyRef2 - are the Natters deliberately running Scotland in to the ground to stir up discontent or are they using IndyRef2 as an opportunity to deflect from their own incompetence?  

That graph is really weird, it's put all the areas that traditionally elect Tory mps and Tory local authorities and that receive higher levels of investment at the top.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

2097638589_Screenshot2021-05-18at08_09_38.thumb.png.e01f49a81a5b36b0c0aff014c604bf86.png

"Highly respected" 😂

Sober up. 

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Filled in by an office temp based on what they think about house prices.

8 hours ago, madwullie said:

Being mad brexiteers 

Sure I was just wondering if he had an answer beyond 'because they said something that I liked'.

I think this is the same group that suggested having some kind of unmanned vessel patrolling the sea border between Britain and Ireland so not exactly the most reliable of right wing fruitcake think tanks at the best of times.