When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

Genuinely have no idea how that vile bigot c**t hasn't been banned.

It’s quite funny that it’s always people like you and some others on here who pretend to be LIBERAL and from the left in politics that are always wanting people banned.

Have you not heard of free speech and the expression of differing opinions?

9 minutes ago, Pato said:

Haha. I was reading something about this kind of psychology, it's very common for people to attribute every bad interpretation of anything to the people they don't like. So because of the news sources people like Kincardine use (MS paint image macros on facebook) they think that bit of Glasgow is a no-go area of the kind seen in a Paul Verhoeven film, so everyone there is some skulduggerous villain and of course the filthy nats would support them. Everything's very simple and easy when viewed through this prism and we're all howling baboons for taking a different view.

I don't think you're far off here. The Dankula post not long after was pretty telling.

21 minutes ago, Pato said:

Haha. I was reading something about this kind of psychology, it's very common for people to attribute every bad interpretation of anything to the people they don't like. So because of the news sources people like Kincardine use (MS paint image macros on facebook) they think that bit of Glasgow is a no-go area of the kind seen in a Paul Verhoeven film, so everyone there is some skulduggerous villain and of course the filthy nats would support them. Everything's very simple and easy when viewed through this prism and we're all howling baboons for taking a different view.

You do see that in all political viewpoints nowadays left, right, nationalist there's some who just blame everything on the side they dont like, its probably always been that way but it does seem more prevalent or at least obvious now.

Its a killer for any reasoned debate

9 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

What has happened to Oakskoft?.....

this is one of P&B's best rants in recent times!!!

I do not understand folk in Scotland who object to immigration.

Without it our country will die in an economic sense.

It is one of the reasons Brexit is and continues to be a tragedy forced on Scotland.

We need the ability to have an immigration policy that suits Scotland's economy......not London and the South East.

Bring on a hard border with England eh...

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

The difference being that asylum seekers are human and deserve to be treated accordingly, conservative voters are not. 

Says more about you than it does them. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Yesterday felt like another nail in the coffin of the union.

Maybe if this was a big news story and happened in Edinburgh or something. Granted I can't explain your feelings but I never felt anything near the sort when I heard the news. 

42 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It’s quite funny that it’s always people like you and some others on here who pretend to be LIBERAL and from the left in politics that are always wanting people banned.

Have you not heard of free speech and the expression of differing opinions?

I am all for freedom of expression. As far as I'm concerned freedom of speech is vitally important. When you start restricting it, the outcomes are rarely "good".  You end up with novelists facing death sentences and cartoonists being murdered.  As long as the opinions are not advocating violence, carry on. 

The trouble with 'rights' is that even idiots have them. 

I'm delighted when I hear Dross, Galloway etc as it gives folk an opportunity to debate the points.  It's when politicians or wannabe politicians go quiet we should worry.  

Don't suppress freedom of speech. That is the best route back to the Dark Ages. 

42 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Cancelling the union to own the lefty nats.

IMG_20210514_104643.thumb.jpg.6534855c72e10b8e0bb2c26e2fc75511.jpg

I would be happy for that as I'm in the Independence through any means camp.

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Maybe if this was a big news story and happened in Edinburgh or something. Granted I can't explain your feelings but I never felt anything near the sort when I heard the news. 

It made it to the front page of at least one national newspaper.

It's the little things like this that gradually move the needle, they all add up. Yesterday was a very public instance of the Scottish government and more importantly our communities openly rejecting the authority of the UK government.

21 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I am all for freedom of expression. As far as I'm concerned freedom of speech is vitally important. When you start restricting it, the outcomes are rarely "good".  You end up with novelists facing death sentences and cartoonists being murdered.  As long as the opinions are not advocating violence, carry on. 

The trouble with 'rights' is that even idiots have them. 

I'm delighted when I hear Dross, Galloway etc as it gives folk an opportunity to debate the points.  It's when politicians or wannabe politicians go quiet we should worry.  

Don't suppress freedom of speech. That is the best route back to the Dark Ages. 

Totally agree.

Its been a long time since I was at university but I’m always hearing stories of lecturers being suspended or banned just because they disagree with pulling down statues or dislike BLM or whatever.

The situation at Edinburgh regarding Thin seemed particularly appalling.

Hopefully, this trend will be stopped.

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Pity for you preacher,you'll be on the wrong side of it 😘

You've called me preacher or "The Borders Preacher" 3 times now. You've never once commented on the content just called me a preacher, what's the joke? Is their a case of mistaken identity here or do you just find my posts "preachy"?

Just now, Stormzy said:

You've called me preacher or "The Borders Preacher" 3 times now. You've never once commented on the content just called me a preacher, what's the joke? Is their a case of mistaken identity here or do you just find my posts "preachy"?

I certainly do preacher 😘

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I have a friend from Syria who has left her family behind in that war-torn country to better her life.

I've worked alongside her. She is a brilliant scientist and faces an endless battle to remain here despite having been in the UK for about 8 years now. She is an excellent example of exactly he sort of person we want to be attracting to the UK.

But scum like you keep trying to kick her out.

This isn't a freedom of speech issue. It's a human issue with real consequences.

So take your freedom of speech and shove it up your arse.

Hang on a minute.

You state that your friend left her country for a better life which means she’s not a refugee but an economic migrant.

Secondly, if she’s a great scientist, then I would have thought her earnings would be well above the necessary requirement.

Calm down and have a rational debate and cut down on the abuse.

21 minutes ago, Pato said:

An easy and populist solution. I'm not basing this on any figures but I'd assume the majority of asylum seekers in Scotland transited England to get there, so while erecting snarling border guards appeals to English pensioners I'd assume it's about as effective as when Ken Livingstone deployed tanks at Heathrow to discourage terrorists.

If you have an independent Scotland with an immigration policy that suits Scotland (but not England), then you'd have quite modest numbers of asylum seekers reaching Scotland at its airports, and probably also people transiting England to reach Scotland. Maybe some of those people would be doing so in order to get Scottish credentials which can be accepted in England, but as has been pointed out, the numbers involved are not large. It's a problem of perception rather than reality.

The point I was responding to was regarding being open to immigration not really asylum seekers. Seems pretty absurd to me to say you're open to immigration but also want to erect a hard border between your biggest neighbour, I wonder if English people emigrating to Scotland would take a hit. None of us would want that would we? 

4 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I certainly do preacher 😘

I feel like this is probably how hot birds feel when incel types try and chat them up. I'm flattered but not interested. 

The glengarried border guards at Berwick and Carlisle (once subsumed into the Democratic republic of Scotland) will be under strict orders to conduct a full Strip the Willow welcoming ceremony with any and all asylum seekers, while any Englishman will be forced to perform a perfect sword dance. Perfect sword dance? Entry. Imperfect sword dance? Decapitation by the same swords

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The glengarried border guards at Berwick and Carlisle (once subsumed into the Democratic republic of Scotland) will be under strict orders to conduct a full Strip the Willow welcoming ceremony with any and all asylum seekers, while any Englishman will be forced to perform a perfect sword dance. Perfect sword dance? Entry. Imperfect sword dance? Decapitation by the same swords

What about a Morris dance?