When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Correct.

Because of sovereignty and, in my opinion, there will be economic benefits after a few hiccups.

She could have answered along those lines.

So your criticism isn’t that she “had no idea of the consequences” but that she didn’t just say “it’ll all be good after a few hiccups?”. This seems like you’re not shocked at her for “not knowing” but rather for not voicing enthusiastic if blind faith - is that correct? We shouldn’t be looking for knowledge of the likely future but faith?

3 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I watched the 6 minutes youtube video of this interview and it is such a car crash for Sturgeon. 

It was a shocker. I enjoy C4 news, they don’t mess about. On a side note, she looks shattered, I think she needs a holiday.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

God, that was a frightening interview.

To think that the FM of Scotland had no idea of the economic consequences of breaking away from our biggest trading partner is just incredible.

She’s obviously much more comfortable in dealing with things like baby boxes, self ID and the like.

Time the media grew one and started to take her to task properly. Boris would never get away with that.

You've reached point and laugh levels now.

59 minutes ago, Antlion said:

So your criticism isn’t that she “had no idea of the consequences” but that she didn’t just say “it’ll all be good after a few hiccups?”. This seems like you’re not shocked at her for “not knowing” but rather for not voicing enthusiastic if blind faith - is that correct? We shouldn’t be looking for knowledge of the likely future but faith?

59 minutes ago, Antlion said:

She should know what her own Growth Commission told her. 
All prepared by her own people led by Andrew Wilson

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

She should know what her own Growth Commission told her. 
All prepared by her own people led by Andrew Wilson

She does - she’s discussed it in the past. What I assume you’d approve is for her to disregard it and announce that the people of Scotland have had enough of experts, declaring only that we’d prosper mightily.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I saw the interview yesterday evening and yes, she should have the answer to the economic question off pat.

That she didn't was probably the reason she got visibly irritated.

Look on the bright side, this seems to be proof positive that she has indeed been getting on with the day job and concentrating 100% on covid.

Alternatively, that she doesn't have a scooby, in matters concerning the current or potential future governance of Scotland.

1 hour ago, Glen Sannox said:

It was a shocker. I enjoy C4 news, they don’t mess about. On a side note, she looks shattered, I think she needs a holiday.

I'm not surprised with the pandemic and Alex Salmond case that she is shattered and needs a holiday.  

I do wonder if Sturgeon will last as First Minister for the full term of the next Scottish Parliament although I don't see any decent SNP MSPs/MPs to take over.

10 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I'm not surprised with the pandemic and Alex Salmond case that she is shattered and needs a holiday.  

I do wonder if Sturgeon will last as First Minister for the full term of the next Scottish Parliament although I don't see any decent SNP MSPs/MPs to take over.

UK Government 'too busy' for Scotland: Kate Forbes on struggles with  Westminster | The National

Kate Forbes seems to be the new leader in waiting, probably 3-4 years down the line, maybe after Indy. She's young, pretty and smart but a member of the wee free church, so gets  -10 god bothering points.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I could never fault her work ethic. This pandemic and all the Salmond sideshows have definitely taken their toll. She looks shattered and understandably running on empty.

This is something I've said that slightly bugs me, the SNP know that repetitive Independence talk doesn't wash with all of the electorate so they're very clever with not directly stating it but just implying it through "Self determination" or other similar open ended wording and the Unionist opposition aren't as wise to this and do just straight up attack Independence and therefore create the illusion that they're obsessed with this and care more about it than the SNP. This probably also adds fuel to the fire off Yesdas not believing the SNP actually want Indy (bizarrely).

50 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

This is something I've said that slightly bugs me, the SNP know that repetitive Independence talk doesn't wash with all of the electorate so they're very clever with not directly stating it but just implying it through "Self determination" or other similar open ended wording and the Unionist opposition aren't as wise to this and do just straight up attack Independence and therefore create the illusion that they're obsessed with this and care more about it than the SNP. This probably also adds fuel to the fire off Yesdas not believing the SNP actually want Indy (bizarrely).

I don't think the Tories using the words self determination would particularly play well with anyone outside of the real hardcore unionists.

Stuff like separation and divorce work better for them, rather than saying outright, 'we don't believe Scots should have the power to determine their own statehood'

9 hours ago, 101 said:

I think that's down to her being blind sided by a question, I have no idea why after we left the UK trade would with the UK cost any more unless England and Northern Ireland demanded a hard border and extra paper work, it's not in their interest to do so. Also let's not forget trade with the EU would eventually, subject to a trade agreement and latterly rejoining, become significantly cheaper. Goods may even avoid the channel crossings which would be devastating for the ports down there.

Thing is, I think England probably would put up trade barriers if we became independent. I think they're precisely that small, as Brexit has shown, and that wasn't in their interests either. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they put up border controls and passport checks on the roads.

That's not an argument against independence though, if anything it's an argument for it.

46 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't think the Tories using the words self determination would particularly play well with anyone outside of the real hardcore unionists.

Stuff like separation and divorce work better for them, rather than saying outright, 'we don't believe Scots should have the power to determine their own statehood'

I agree. 

Just saw a tweet from the big BD roughly on the topic which I broadly agree with and have stated a few times prior to this election. 

On 15/04/2021 at 16:29, Steve_Wilkos said:

How will the northern region separatist minority react when, once again, you vote to remain with the big boys?

image_update_img.jpg

What's Boris got to do with Aberdeen's SPFL voting record?

55 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

EzFmW13XAAMJtvQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

First I've seen a photo of Celtic strip at an Indy rally, the press must have been trawling for a wee bit of Catholic v Protestant cheek on cheek action. Have seen small groups of Rangers and Celtic casuals on the periphery looking for relevance. Suppose that's Weegies for you.