When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

As an Irish Nationalist I simply cannot engage with you. We know what you do next if you can't get your own way.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting everyone who supports Irish reunification is violent?

The ghost of John Hume would like a word.

At some point it's been put into your head that supporting the borders of current states is perfectly fine, but advocating for different borders is not fine, regardless of all other possible information and context.

While Scottish independence would have immediate economic costs, history suggests there are long-term benefits
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/scottish-independence-cost/
LSE British Politics and Policy Blog

Edit:

https://www.businessforscotland.com/westminster-refuses-to-deny-urging-deletion-of-academic-blog-predicting-indy-success/

Exclusive: Westminster refuses to deny urging deletion of academic blog predicting indy success

Desperate stuff.

Edited by Baxter Parp

14 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

While Scottish independence would have immediate economic costs, history suggests there are long-term benefits

LSE British Politics and Policy Blog

On gaining Independence there would be a huge backlash from the uk establishment and it's citizens, mostly from england, you can already see it in the print media which is is heading into propaganda overdrive against the SNP and Independence.

With that Scotland's export and imports to and from england would drastically slow down and I wouldn't be surprised at massively increased trade tariffs placed against Scotland.

All very petulant but it would happen.

With that Scotland would have to look to the EU to increase our trading stance prior to EU membership and I'm sure that we would be made welcome.

https://archive.is/Dt4jP

Interesting read this. UK gov advisors assessment on future economy of an independent Scotland and it's trading links. 

Blurb:

Note: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law, the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, the Department for International Trade, or the UK Government. 

Note: The second author "Geoffrey Chapman is an Economic Adviser at the Department for International Trade, UK Government"

Edited by git-intae-thum

On 01/04/2021 at 10:21, SandyCromarty said:

On gaining Independence there would be a huge backlash from the uk establishment and it's citizens, mostly from england, you can already see it in the print media which is is heading into propaganda overdrive against the SNP and Independence.

With that Scotland's export and imports to and from england would drastically slow down and I wouldn't be surprised at massively increased trade tariffs placed against Scotland.

All very petulant but it would happen.

With that Scotland would have to look to the EU to increase our trading stance prior to EU membership and I'm sure that we would be made welcome.

This article posted by Sandy a few days ago,  has now been taken down.... apparently "at the request of the authors" 🤔

Edited by git-intae-thum

7 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

This article posted by Sandy a few days ago,  has now been taken down.... apparently "at the request of the authors" 🤔

A clear indication that we are being monitored by outside agencies, I very much doubt that it was the LSE who directly asked that the article be removed, strange as it is in the public domain, however the LSE article did emphasise the benefits gained by an Independent Scotland which some political parties in Scotland would definitely be strongly against the Scottish public to made aware of while they can promote their imagined Independence pitfalls in the rancid tory press.

Then again it could well be a unionist poster on here who ratted.

If that is the case then it is pathetic desperation.

Any thoughts?.

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

A clear indication that we are being monitored by outside agencies, I very much doubt that it was the LSE who directly asked that the article be removed, strange as it is in the public domain, however the LSE article did emphasise the benefits gained by an Independent Scotland which some political parties in Scotland would definitely be strongly against the Scottish public to made aware of while they can promote their imagined Independence pitfalls in the rancid tory press.

Any thoughts?.

😂😂😂

8 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

https://archive.is/Dt4jP

Interesting read this. UK gov advisors assessment on future economy of an independent Scotland and it's trading links. 

Blurb:

Note: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law, the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, the Department for International Trade, or the UK Government. 

Note: The second author "Geoffrey Chapman is an Economic Adviser at the Department for International Trade, UK Government"

This link still works for those who want to read the article.

23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Any thoughts?.

Sandy - certainly not me.

Anyway, on another topic, I see it’s reported that, at long last, the police are now looking into the whereabouts of the ring-fenced £600k  within the SNP accounts, which show only £90k. Apparently, an SNP supporter made the complaint to the police.

Wouldnt be you, perchance?

Sandy - certainly not me.
Anyway, on another topic, I see it’s reported that, at long last, the police are now looking into the whereabouts of the ring-fenced £600k  within the SNP accounts, which show only £90k. Apparently, an SNP supporter made the complaint to the police.
Wouldnt be you, perchance?
The only person I've seen who's reported this is the serial liar from Bath. Any other report is based on his report.

Front page of Sunday Mail today.

This cash fraud probe? As reported to the cops by serial nutter Sean Clerkin? The same man expelled from Scottish Resistance extremist group for a racist incident, who has prior conviction for wasting police time? That Sean Clerkin?

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Which is based on his work.

You do know who Sean Clerkin is?

Newspapers tend to seek verification of their stories.

Sean Clerkin. Never heard of him?

Regarding Campbell, I have followed him for a long time, long before he became fanatically anti SNP, and like or loathe him, he’s a brilliant journalist who uncovers lots of interesting stuff. Whether he’s right or wrong, who knows?

Anyway, the SNP’s last accounts are on public display and there certainly isn’t a hypothecated Fund of £600k on the Balance Sheet.

They need to come out with a credible explanation and put this matter to rest. Seems simple.

Interesting times ahead.

Newspapers tend to seek verification of their stories.
Sean Clerkin. Never heard of him?
Regarding Campbell, I have followed him for a long time, long before he became fanatically anti SNP, and like or loathe him, he’s a brilliant journalist who uncovers lots of interesting stuff. Whether he’s right or wrong, who knows?
Anyway, the SNP’s last accounts are on public display and there certainly isn’t a hypothecated Fund of £600k on the Balance Sheet.
They need to come out with a credible explanation and put this matter to rest. Seems simple.
Interesting times ahead.
Sean Clerkin is a serial fruitloop - the same man expelled from the Scottish Resistance extremist group for a racist incident. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17605843.menace-nationalist-agitator-sean-clerkin-expelled-scottish-resistance-racist-banner/

Sean Clerkin also has prior for wasting police time. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15587306.scottish-resistance-campaigner-sean-clerkin-convicted-of-wasting-police-time-over-fake-assault-claim/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/1130053/indy-campaigner-reported-for-wasting-police-time-after-tearing-up-copy-of-tory-manifesto-at-campaign-event/

36 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This cash fraud probe? As reported to the cops by serial nutter Sean Clerkin? The same man expelled from Scottish Resistance extremist group for a racist incident, who has prior conviction for wasting police time? That Sean Clerkin?

Where is the money? 

I couldn't care less who brings it to folks attention if there's a question to be answered,there is a question to be answered in this case. 

Edited by ayrmad

Where is the money? 
I couldn't care less who brings it to folks attention if there's a question to be answered,there is a question to be answered in this case. 
Jesus wept - we are taking about someone who is a serial liar making allegations being reported as fact.

What part of that do you not get into your thick skull?

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Jesus wept - we are taking about someone who is a serial liar making allegations being reported as fact.

What part of that do you not get into your thick skull?

There is a story here.

Afew weeks ago, three respected members of the Finance Committee resigned as they were not allowed to examine the books. One of those is a CA, I believe. The treasurer, Douglas Chapman, continues to refuse to answer questions on the matter.

If there is nothing to hide, and everything is okay, then, surely the sensible thing to do is to issue a statement confirming that the money is there in a ring- fenced account and that all is in order. Better still, ask the auditors to issue the statement.

Just seems common sense. Otherwise, the story will grow.

There is a story here.
Afew weeks ago, three respected members of the Finance Committee resigned as they were not allowed to examine the books. One of those is a CA, I believe. The treasurer, Douglas Chapman, continues to refuse to answer questions on the matter.
If there is nothing to hide, and everything is okay, then, surely the sensible thing to do is to issue a statement confirming that the money is there in a ring- fenced account and that all is in order. Better still, ask the auditors to issue the statement.
Just seems common sense. Otherwise, the story will grow.
Even fucking Tom Gordon of the Herald is saying it's nonsense.

"The Electoral Commission pronounced on this almost four years ago"

https://t.co/l1sdC4W0bD"

20210404_132458.jpeg.d6c7574964c5ebb287578f4adfc565ec.jpeg