When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The idiot Perthshire Bell (now back as @Erih Shtrep) talked about me 'punching Catholics'.  He's about as right as you are.

13 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Is that who it is? That explains a lot, the man is a lunatic.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I wondered for a few days why a new poster was acting like an old poster and then saw it was 'Perthshire' backwards.

He's a fucking rocket.

12 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

This’ll give you an idea of how disturbed some of the Nats are on here. Apparently, you are thick if you don’t read their user names backwards!! That said, reading some his posts backwards might give them some coherence.

Erih is obviously a very troubled soul in need of help.

A real meeting of the minds, here.

18 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Right on cue, Tom Devine says the exact same thing much more eloquently

"almost half of the Scottish electorate does not favour independence"

I'd love to watch someone try to follow this through to its logical conclusion

Right on cue, Tom Devine says the exact same thing much more eloquently

Absolutely outstanding telt being dished out.

I was worried before the 2014 referendum that he'd come out and shite it and leave me all disappointed - but he's just cemented his place in the guid c**t list.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I was worried before the 2014 referendum that he'd come out and shite it and leave me all disappointed - but he's just cemented his place in the guid c**t list.

He did come out for independence just before the 2014 vote too, which was very pleasing.

He did come out for independence just before the 2014 vote too, which was very pleasing.
I thought i said that. I certainly inferred it.

But yeah, guid c**t, and a massive boost for the yes campaign, as he's got to be in the running for the smartest c**t in the country?

Any other contenders?

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I thought i said that. I certainly inferred it.

But yeah, guid c**t, and a massive boost for the yes campaign, as he's got to be in the running for the smartest c**t in the country?

Any other contenders?

John Hughes?

That's some case for the union right there.

They don't want the PM of the UK to get involved because he's a massive liability.

Somek ind of paradox in there somewhere.

Quite. Dont get the leader of the United Kingdom involved in telling the Scots how good a deal they have, in case he shows them more about what a shit deal they have [emoji23]

13 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Have to admit I feel a little smug for seeing it within a few seconds of clocking his username now, ha! My current job involves a ludicrous amount of document checking so that probably helped.

reminds me - if nothing else pb had a belter of a post in one of the best/worst posters threads a couple of years back, bit tired the now + christ knows what username it'd be under but might look it out if i can be arsed over the weekend. It was after he won one of the awards as an acceptance post i think, im sure it hoovered up a power of greenies so hopefully wont take much digging...

On 02/10/2017 at 22:16, PB 4.2 said:

When I received the Pre-warning PM from Miguel this morning to say I would be tonight's entry my jaw hit the top button of my polo shirt.   My earliest thought - inspired by the strong leadership of Prime Minister Rajoy - was to declare the vote null and void, but after cancelling work I decided to look for the positives.   

1.   What you see from the attached names is the evolution of a poster from a boy of a poster to a poster boy.   From a poster red dotted more frequently than  Lisa Cuddy's Andrex during rag week to a green machine with posting goals, focus and a clear direction of travel.  

2.   Next I looked back at the Best posters in history thread - where I came 21st.   Which gives me a net approval rating of +11.   Revisiting Marshy's thread after chewing my way through Miguel's write up also provided me with a new found love of well written English.  

3.   I've gained a new friend in @D.A.F.C.    Looking at his reputation:output ratio I've been pedestaled alongside an excellent forum member.   

4.   Then I thought about what 8 points really means.   Well for starters it's 5 more points than I hold on my full UK driving Licence.    We're moving into frost season, my favourite season on the roads.  I've got some Hankook's on the front with a full 8 mm of tread.    It's gonna be slippy out there for the angry overdraft-merchants pedaling their way to work!   

5.   Lastly I feel the need to say that I wish to distance myself from the nasty vitriolic comments I received.    Bullying is never acceptable.    Behind every username there is a user with a name, and we need to respect each others opinions.   I've been open and candid with this forum about my split with Moira, my five-figure income, the need to sell the Lexus, my passion for road safety, and my patriotism for Perth and the surrounding Shire.    I've embraced the forum with complete sincerity and commitment and I'll continue to strive to be an asset to the P & B community.   

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

What's ironic and infuriating in equal measures is the level of anti-Scottish feeling in England is way higher than the level of anti-English feeling in Scotland and always has been.

Its completely acceptable for anti-Scottish racism to be splattered all over the front page of national newspapers, and commentators from all across the political spectrum to spout racist shite about Scots.  The sort of thing you would never, ever, ever see up here about English people.

Anti English-ness in Scotland is only really a thing when their football team plays, anti-Scottish-ness in England is an every day thing that is part of the public lexicon and doesn't even cause a stir its so ingrained and so accepted. 

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, btb said:

Having worked in England for 6 years albeit in the 90s I can confirm this view is definitely a lot more prevalent in the South, I still have friends in Newcastle - they laughed when I joked they'd be better of as the South of Scotland than the North of England during the independence referendum but a couple of them have asked (again in jest) if the option is still open - just sayin' like.

I would agree with that, as bear in mind there is definitely a North/South divide in england, plus Scots can easily identify with North East england given we shared a similar industrial background back in the day.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I heartily recommend reading Tom Devine's The Scottish Nation (A Modern History), it's a fair and unbiased opinion on Scotland.  

29 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I heartily recommend reading Tom Devine's The Scottish Nation (A Modern History), it's a fair and unbiased opinion on Scotland.  

Tam Devine's always a good read. He's no Richard Finlay but then, who is?

Aye that was a key textbook when i was doing history at uni. Heavy stuff, but the man has reshaped scottish history in the last 30 years.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I would agree with that, as bear in mind there is definitely a North/South divide in england, plus Scots can easily identify with North East england given we shared a similar industrial background back in the day.

And yet a whole swathe of them in the North voted Tory and ensured Boris a huge majority?

6 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

I appreciate that I am late in replying.  Is it still a hypothetical question now that the 11 point plan has been published? 

That's actually pish. The Scottish government can hold a consultative referendum any time it wants on any subject it wants.  The problem is it isn't legally binding.  The boy doesn't have a scoob what he's talking about.